World Famous Evangelist Caleb Garraway

He still reveres the Vineyards and Jack Hyles as his idols. He has the potential and charisma to be th enesxt Billy Graham and he's against the seeker sensitive/emergent movement with their carnal rock n roll worship and "preaching".

He's Pulling America.

He's a traditionalist in the IFB world while many of his peers/mates from the old Alma Matter jumped ship to the seeker sensitive Craig Groeschel/Carl Lentz Hillsong megachurches, he chose to remain loyal and is becoming quite popular in IFB circles as he's preached for Jack Trieber, Tony Hutson, and preached at FBC Hammond. Larry Brown and Tony Hutson sing his praises and Trieber even tried to get Garraway on staff at NVBC/Golden State. If that happened he would be the first person to leave Oklahoma and go to Golden State.

AlvinMartinezVoice said:
He's Pulling America.
He's a traditionalist in the IFB world while many of his peers/mates from the old Alma Matter jumped ship to the seeker sensitive Craig Groeschel/Carl Lentz Hillsong megachurches, he chose to remain loyal and is becoming quite popular in IFB circles as he's preached for Jack Trieber, Tony Hutson, and preached at FBC Hammond. Larry Brown and Tony Hutson sing his praises and Trieber even tried to get Garraway on staff at NVBC/Golden State. If that happened he would be the first person to leave Oklahoma and go to Golden State.
If his contemporaries choose to leave the IFB, and believe it's God's will for them and their families, then so be it. If he has chosen to stay with in the IFB so be it also. Why does the fact many of his friends decided to go a different direction matter so much. We all have free will and we make choices based on our own personal situation. Let them do what they think is right.

Why are you so hung up on the fact he chose to remain and what do you have against him?

Now would be a good time to share ...

20 Reasons I Don?t Take Potshots at Fundamentalists
http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/20-reasons-i-dont-take-potshots-at-fundamentalists

1. They are humble and respectful and courteous, and even funny (at least the ones I?ve met).
2. They believe in truth.
3. They believe that truth really matters.
4. They believe that the Bible is true ? all of it.
5. They know that the Bible calls for some kind of separation from the world.
6. They have backbone and are not prone to compromise principle.
7. They put obedience to Jesus above the approval of man (even though they fall short, like others).
8. They believe in hell and are loving enough to warn people about it.
9. They believe in heaven and sing about how good it will be to go there.
10. Their ?social action? is helping the person next door (like Jesus), which doesn?t usually get written up in the newspaper.
11. They tend to raise law-abiding, chaste children, in spite of the fact that Barna says evangelical kids in general don?t have any better track record than non-Christians.
12. They resist trendiness.
13. They don?t think too much is gained by sounding hip.
14. They may not be hip, but they don?t go so far as to drive buggies or insist on typewriters.
15. They still sing hymns.
16. They are not breathless about being accepted in the scholarly guild.
17. They give some contemporary plausibility to the New Testament claim that the church is ?a pillar and buttress of the truth? (1 Timothy 3:15).
18. They are good for the rest of evangelicals because of all this.
19. My dad was one.
20. Everybody to my left thinks I am one. And there are a lot of people to my left.

Tim said:

http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/20-reasons-i-dont-take-potshots-at-fundamentalists

1. They are humble and respectful and courteous, and even funny (at least the ones I?ve met).
7. They put obedience to Jesus above the approval of man (even though they fall short, like others).
10. Their ?social action? is helping the person next door (like Jesus), which doesn?t usually get written up in the newspaper.
11. They tend to raise law-abiding, chaste children, in spite of the fact that Barna says evangelical kids in general don?t have any better track record than non-Christians.
14. They may not be hip, but they don?t go so far as to drive buggies or insist on typewriters.
17. They give some contemporary plausibility to the New Testament claim that the church is ?a pillar and buttress of the truth? (1 Timothy 3:15).
19. My dad was one.
20. Everybody to my left thinks I am one. And there are a lot of people to my left.

The reason that this is so funny is because he doesn't have to take potshots at ifb people. They will do it to each other! And that is a promise!

And just for the record . . .

. . . I am Caleb's ma-ma.  ;)

That is all . . .

Tim said:

19. My dad was one.

I don't know what is meant by "potshots", but is in VERY Biblical to correct errors. It is cult-like, not Biblical, to have men who are above correction.  The IFB has an abysmal record of covering up sin - gross sin - in its ranks.

There's a song from Kansas called "Mainstream" and Money Hungry Hillsong Band did their version of the song. It pretty much sums up the modern mainstream/megachurch movement in America while mainline denominations including IFB's are being left behind and losing members to the "mainstream" seeker sensitive megachurches. Tom Vineyard has had things to say about Craig Goreschel's megachurches but he's built a multi million dollar empire with satellite churches all over America and is drawing bigger crowds with Rock music, entertainment, and self help feel good seminars.  Jack Hyles saw the American church going in this direction so kudos to Caleb and Michael Shaver for staying loyal to the IFB movement while most OBC alums have gone "Mainstream".

Probably the greatest flaw of IFBs is the tendency of mortal men calling other mortal men great, until even those mortal men believe it.

If anyone hasn't thought of this yet, Alvin is a TROLL period,ok?

So you're saying there's nothing wrong with the seeker sensitive movement? Wonder what Jack Hyles would think about that. Hyles passed away before the big "boom" in the seeker sensitive church movement across America. One word comes to mind when you think about Caleb Garraway; Loyalty. This brother is loyal to the cause, is preaching across America and might even get the attention Matt Crouch so he can appear on TBN/PTL Club. The rest of Garraway's classmates from OBC went "liberal" and there some from HAC who went "libeal" so they could stay inside the "Mainstream". "Mainstream" is one word you'll never hear in the IFB movement and world famous Jack Hyles hated that word.

AlvinMartinezVoice said:
So you're saying there's nothing wrong with the seeker sensitive movement? Wonder what Jack Hyles would think about that. Hyles passed away before the big "boom" in the seeker sensitive church movement across America. One word comes to mind when you think about Caleb Garraway; Loyalty. This brother is loyal to the cause, is preaching across America and might even get the attention Matt Crouch so he can appear on TBN/PTL Club. The rest of Garraway's classmates from OBC went "liberal" and there some from HAC who went "libeal" so they could stay inside the "Mainstream". "Mainstream" is one word you'll never hear in the IFB movement and world famous Jack Hyles hated that word.

James Brown was the 'Soul Man'...Big Al is the 'Troll Man'.
The difference is about 25 IQ points...

Well Caleb Garraway is closer to God than false teacher Carl Lentz. Sadly a lot of OBC alums/former students worship Lentz and Hillsong.

Alvin the chipmunk you shouldnt concern yourself with what others are doing.

Caleb was brought up in IFB ways but that doesnt mean is destined to repeat their mistakes. Let God use him how he pleases.

I know him, I've preached with him, I've prayed with him, I've went soul winning with him.  He is not perfect but then again neither is any poster on this forum (myself being the biggest sinner of them all )

I pray God uses him in spite of your pointless chatter

bruinboy said:
Two things:
Never heard of the guy.
If jackie boy is his idol, he is an idiot.

He mentions on his website Jack Hyles is his inspiration. He also worshiped Jim & Tom Vineyard who are also controversial and their empire (Windsor Hills/OBC) is on fumes. But Garraway has remained faithful to IFB and mainline denominations and not switched to the Craig Groeschel/Steven Furtick/Perry Noble/Mark Driscoll or TBN Prosperity model. The majority of Caleb's classmates now attend a seeker sensitive church in Oklahoma where Groeschel has turned his seeker sensitive church into a franchise with satellite campuses around the country.

Garraway has been endorsed by Jack Trieber. 

AlvinMartinezVoice said:
But Garraway has remained faithful to IFB and mainline denominations and not switched to the Craig Groeschel/Steven Furtick/Perry Noble/Mark Driscoll or TBN Prosperity model.

Because they're, you know, exactly alike.

Alvin the chipmunk
this is coming from an OBC graduate who saw some the carnage in the last 25 years ...... Caleb is not the only one of his classmates that is still serving the Lord. just in the OKC metro area alone :

there are 4 pastors , 5 song leaders  (worship pastors if thats your thing ) ,  3 assistant pastors  and they are IFB, KJV only preachers. most of this posse know Caleb by name and went to school with him.

To hell with your lies you filthy lil chipmunk !!