World Famous Evangelist Caleb Garraway

are you a closeted homosexual ? bc you are awfully obsessed with the guy.

I bet you have a full size picture of him hanging in your room ?

Both Alvin and Caleb were considered to be the lead singer for CCM band Alias but both declined and remained loyal to the IFB movement.  Alvin as a singer and Garraway as an evangelist. The drummer from Alias is a NVBC/Golden State Baptist Alum.

16KJV11 said:
AlvinMartinezVoice said:
bruinboy said:
Two things:
Never heard of the guy.
If jackie boy is his idol, he is an idiot.

He mentions on his website Jack Hyles is his inspiration. He also worshiped Jim & Tom Vineyard who are also controversial and their empire (Windsor Hills/OBC) is on fumes. But Garraway has remained faithful to IFB and mainline denominations and not switched to the Craig Groeschel/Steven Furtick/Perry Noble/Mark Driscoll or TBN Prosperity model. The majority of Caleb's classmates now attend a seeker sensitive church in Oklahoma where Groeschel has turned his seeker sensitive church into a franchise with satellite campuses around the country.

Garraway has been endorsed by Jack Trieber.
Unless Caleb changed the wording on his website, he mentions nothing of being inspired by anyone.  He does mention this:
"Caleb was born into a Christian home on July 20, 1986, and was born into the family of God on November 9, 1994. At age 11, he was called to preach through the preaching of Dr. Jack Hyles at Pastor?s School in Hammond, IN. While attending Oklahoma Baptist College, Caleb traveled on the men?s singing group for four years and also worked at the Windsor Hills Baptist Church for two years. God has burdened his heart to spread the fire of revival across America."

You truly are embellishing Mr. Garaway's testimony to make him sound like he is some kind of groupie.
I stand by my previous description of you: Schnook.
And may I add one more:  Schmuck.

That is a most embarrassing Yiddish word.

16KJV11 said:
bgwilkinson said:
16KJV11 said:
AlvinMartinezVoice said:
bruinboy said:
Two things:
Never heard of the guy.

He mentions on his website Jack Hyles is his inspiration. He also worshiped Jim & Tom Vineyard who are also controversial and their empire (Windsor Hills/OBC) is on fumes. But Garraway has remained faithful to IFB and mainline denominations and not switched to the Craig Groeschel/Steven Furtick/Perry Noble/Mark Driscoll or TBN Prosperity model. The majority of Caleb's classmates now attend a seeker sensitive church in Oklahoma where Groeschel has turned his seeker sensitive church into a franchise with satellite campuses around the country.

Unless Caleb changed the wording on his website, he mentions nothing of being inspired by anyone.  He does mention this:
"Caleb was born into a Christian home on July 20, 1986, and was born into the family of God on November 9, 1994. At age 11, he was called to preach through the preaching of Dr. Jack Hyles at Pastor?s School in Hammond, IN. While attending Oklahoma Baptist College, Caleb traveled on the men?s singing group for four years and also worked at the Windsor Hills Baptist Church for two years. God has burdened his heart to spread the fire of revival across America."

You truly are embellishing Mr. Garaway's testimony to make him sound like he is some kind of groupie.

Which one?
Wikipedia says:
schnook
SHno?ok/
nounUSinformal
noun: schnook; plural noun: schnooks; noun: shnook; plural noun: shnooks

a person easily duped; a fool.

OR...

schmuck
SHm?k/
nounNorth Americaninformal
noun: schmuck; plural noun: schmucks; noun: shmuck; plural noun: shmucks

a foolish or contemptible person.

Amazing what you find in the etymology of a Yiddish word. If I ever said that word in my parents hearing they would have washed my mouth out with soap. I am not admitting to using it though.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=schmuck

schmuck (n.)
also shmuck, "contemptible person," 1892, from East Yiddish shmok, literally "[male part]," probably from Old Polish smok "grass snake, dragon," and likely not the same word as German Schmuck "jewelry, adornments," which is related to Low German smuck "supple, tidy, trim, elegant," and to Old Norse smjuga "slip, step through" (see smock).

In Jewish homes, the word was "regarded as so vulgar as to be taboo" [Leo Rosten, "The Joys of Yiddish," 1968] and Lenny Bruce wrote that saying it on stage got him arrested on the West Coast "by a Yiddish undercover agent who had been placed in the club several nights running to determine if my use of Yiddish terms was a cover for profanity." Euphemized as schmoe, which was the source of Al Capp's cartoon strip creature the shmoo.

"[A]dditional associative effects from German schmuck 'jewels, decoration' cannot be excluded (cross-linguistically commonplace slang: cf. Eng. 'family jewels')" [Mark R.V. Southern, "Contagious Couplings: Transmission of Expressives in Yiddish Echo Phrases," 2005]. But the English phrase refers to the testicles and is a play on words, the "family" element being the essential ones. Words for "decoration" seem not to be among the productive sources of European "[male part]" slang terms.

[admin note: not that I am a prude. Google sends me warnings when these words are used.  I have been doing some cleanup lately.]

World famous you say?

squathutson.jpg

TonyHutsonComedian said:
World famous you say?

squathutson.jpg
Good way to leave your colon on the floor....

This is around 1,000lbs.

I have a picture of my Dad, who started lifting at 30 y/o, and 125 lbs.  He went up to 189lbs, by 42, and did this practice 6" squat depicted here with 1165lbs, only because the gym had no more plates to add.

Not impressed with a guy who started lifting as a kid and is 250

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

bgwilkinson said:
16KJV11 said:
AlvinMartinezVoice said:
bruinboy said:
Two things:
Never heard of the guy.

Quick story:

Bob Hooker was some kind of Dean of men at HAC in '94.

I was in his office for some reason, and so were a few B,C,D bus workers.  For reference, we still hadn't flushed out Roger's Satanic fleshly leadership style from the ministries then.

Anyway, some lil hitler was whining about my liberty to Bob. He called me a "dork".
I looked at Bob, and said "See, this little boys don't have a clue what they are saying, so how can I explain anything to them?"

Bob told him exactly what that meant, and I already knew, having grown up in an area with a 30% Polish/ Germanic population.

The young man seemed confused, but never apologized, or acknowledged his egregious error.

Well since Jack Trieber's son is going "mainstream" and is being compared to Ed Young Jr/Perry Noble/Steven Furtick/Craig Groeschel Dr. Trieber needs a young apprentice who will remain loyal to the IFB's and the pope Jack Hyles. Caleb Garraway seems to be the perfect fit for running a large IFB church or he may just stay as a world famous evangelist traveling the country and maybe making appearances on Daystar or TBN/PTL Club.

AlvinMartinezVoice said:
Well since Jack Trieber's son is going "mainstream" and is being compared to Ed Young Jr/Perry Noble/Steven Furtick/Craig Groeschel Dr. Trieber needs a young apprentice who will remain loyal to the IFB's and the pope Jack Hyles. Caleb Garraway seems to be the perfect fit for running a large IFB church or he may just stay as a world famous evangelist traveling the country and maybe making appearances on Daystar or TBN/PTL Club.

The pope is dead, he died of aortic stenosis ( bad aortic valve) in 2001, he had had it for years but refused to get it cared for as he was terrified of dying in surgery.

AlvinMartinezVoice said:

Perry Noble is out of the ministry did you know that? How is Jack Trieber's son going mainstream when his church didn't even start yet? lol. just cuz they are going to probably have screens?

TheRealJonStewart said:
AlvinMartinezVoice said:

Perry Noble is out of the ministry did you know that? How is Jack Trieber's son going mainstream when his church didn't even start yet? lol. just cuz they are going to probably have screens?

Who is Perry Noble?

You sure pick obscure people to discuss.

bgwilkinson said:
Who is Perry Noble?

Since he's not ""IBF"" he's not hated so much, so he's rarely mentioned here  ;)

bgwilkinson said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
AlvinMartinezVoice said:

Who is Perry Noble?

Noble is as obscure as Schaap was famous.

bgwilkinson said:
Who is Perry Noble?

Perry Noble is the founder and (until last year) pastor of the fourth largest church in the Southern Baptist Convention, with a weekly attendance of over 30,000. Not my cup of tea (he's a "rock star" pastor, who frequently comes across as kind of a jerk), but unlike anyone in the indy-fundy ghetto or associated with the House of Hyles, he's actually a pretty big fish in a big pond.

Perry Noble is a false teacher. Todd Friel buried him on twitter which was funny.

Ransom said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
Perry Noble is out of the ministry did you know that?

Not exactly.
Maybe he should look at his own arrogance, for a clue as to why he isn't considered repentant?

prophet said:
Maybe he should look at his own arrogance

Hey, I have a thread for that!