You might be an IFB If…

🤨 Thanks for the explanation. The more I hear IFBx stories the more thankful I never experienced any of that kind of stuff, and feel genuinely bad for those who did/do. 😟
Some of the things that many of us IFBexr's experienced were far worse than some can imagine. I just don't like the idea of some of the people trying to downplay what's gone on...especially when they don't know. I won't go into the experiences here, but I bear the scars of battle and abuse.

Some of the things that many of us IFBexr's experienced were far worse than some can imagine. I just don't like the idea of some of the people trying to downplay what's gone on...especially when they don't know. I won't go into the experiences here, but I bear the scars of battle and abuse.
I think some people will defend those injustices and wrongs because they are still trapped in the system if IFBx. Having said that, there are some people like myself who have an awareness of some of the goings on and inner workings of IFBx-dom but were never subjected to any of their true craziness, and as a result have a hard time wrapping our minds around the fact that such insanity actually exists. But the more I have heard through the years the more I realize it's wider spread than I care to admit.

I think some people will defend those injustices and wrongs because they are still trapped in the system if IFBx. Having said that, there are some people like myself who have an awareness of some of the goings on and inner workings of IFBx-dom but were never subjected to any of their true craziness, and as a result have a hard time wrapping our minds around the fact that such insanity actually exists. But the more I have heard through the years the more I realize it's wider spread than I care to admit.
I wish it wasn't so...I have wished it for years. I've also done my best to recover from a lot of the verbal, mental, and physical abuses that went on in the IFB circles. Spiritual abuse was prominent as well. It's amazing that so many have recovered. I know many who haven't and have left anything that has to do with religion, church, God, and the Bible.

I wish it wasn't so...I have wished it for years. I've also done my best to recover from a lot of the verbal, mental, and physical abuses that went on in the IFB circles. Spiritual abuse was prominent as well. It's amazing that so many have recovered. I know many who haven't and have left anything that has to do with religion, church, God, and the Bible.
so true... and i am very close to just such a person..... he never walked away from God or the bible... . but he rarely sets foot in a church of any kind... or attends a service of any religion.... ..

Of course there are plenty of people who don't like simple Bible truth no matter how it's presented and will run from it and blame religion for their exodus, kind of like Jonah, but your point is well taken. Those who would Lord over the flock and beat the sheep will answer someday for that abuse of their authority.

... if you preach on 1 Jn 2:19 every time somebody leaves your church and goes to another...

YJMBAIFB

1 Jn 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

... if you run people off for violation of "stannnnderds" but wouldn't hesitate to restore a pedophile to leadership and youth ministry positions....

YJMBAIFB

Wow ..truly, how sad, shallow, and pathetic, especially since there are a number of people applauding/laughing because apparently they don't know any better.🤮
I agree.
The fact that Ham-whatever can actually make a living preaching drivel is sad because people actually listen to and support that garbage. Where do these churches come from???

If Don Green is like a Bible character, which Pharisee is he? (Also, I don't think you find Elmer Gantry in the Bible, but I don't have one of those inspired Super Duper Authorized King James Holy Bibles amen, so what do I know.)

Of course there are plenty of people who don't like simple Bible truth no matter how it's presented and will run from it and blame religion for their exodus, kind of like Jonah, but your point is well taken. Those who would Lord over the flock and beat the sheep will answer someday for that abuse of their authority.
no doubt there are plenty of people like that.... but i don;t think it was a problem with bible truths that caused the one i was talking about to leave the miller road baptist church in texas... ... .. . from what i understand the problem was with a whole dynasty of corrupt preachers no different from the one in the video ransom posted..... who only pretended to know what the truths in the bible were... but never lived or followed any of them whether they knew them or not.. ..setting up their own set of rules outside the teachings of the bible.... and abusing their congregations through an illusion of authority they had only assumed, but had no right to exercise.... ....

Last edited:
...if you bizarrely and erroneously find sexual connotations in the Psalms and end up in prison for crimes with a minor...

YMBAIFB

If you believe that the IFB isn’t a denomination because they are “Independent” and not subject to any outside influence…
This surprised me when I started visiting churches of a particular denomination. I found they were far more independent than the IFBs. Styles differed from church to church. Times, # of services, dress code, music style was all different depending on which particular church you were at.

This surprised me when I started visiting churches of a particular denomination. I found they were far more independent than the IFBs. Styles differed from church to church. Times, # of services, dress code, music style was all different depending on which particular church you were at.
If you visit a Hyles style (Indy mold) IFB church then you will see a lot of uniformity in those areas. But there are plenty of non-indy style IFB churches where you will see more variety of that sort.

...if all of your preacher friends are doctors, of the honorary variety....

YMBAIFB

....if you think that sound homiletical skill primarily involves screeching at the top of your lungs whilst jumping upon church furniture....

YJMBAIFB