A Denial of the Kenosis?

Blasephemy: the idea that God does not restore but only calls us to endure

rsc2a said:
And you telling people to carry around shame and guilt that's already been bought and paid for is what exactly?

In your opinion, is there any act I could commit for which I should be ashamed?

rsc2a said:
Blasephemy: the idea that God does not restore but only calls us to endure

You are not outside the realm of sin's effects.

The Rogue Tomato said:
That last part is a given.  Ransom doesn't know how to speak in anything but impudent sarcasm and mockery.  Pray for him.  He must lead an incredibly pitiful and miserable life.  He is totally lacking in any sense of kindness or joy, probably due to the fact that he has such a problem living among such inferior people. 

You realize that I could say anything I want right now, and since I am (ostensibly) on ignore, you'll just assume I'm trolling you, right? Though in this case, you'd be correct.

rsc2a said:
Ransom said:
rsc2a said:
Did not...yes, I was there. Modern medicine is quite the advancement, in spite of what PY says.

LOL . . . so by "did not feel the effects of sin in childbirth" you meant "took some medicine, which had the expected effect on the body in reducing pain."

I'll hazard a guess that when you observed a weedless garden, you witnessed the miracle of Roundup.

Behold Monsanto, which taketh away the sin of the world!

You're a master of obfuscation. Have you considered joining the Jesuit order?

"You were right.  Women can have pain-free childbirth.  Instead of acknowledging this,  I'm going to mock you. "

Women can't have pain free child birth. Getting the medication, itself, HURTS.... You blathering IDIOT....

The medicine doesn't completely remove the pain for EVERYONE. Each person is different. Sometimes it only helps certian areas of the body.

You really are a total IDIOT.

Ransom said:
rsc2a said:
And you telling people to carry around shame and guilt that's already been bought and paid for is what exactly?

In your opinion, is there any act I could commit for which I should be ashamed?
Not if we fall at the feet of Jesus.  He has covered our shame.  Like I tell my kids,  our motivation should be love for God and others,  not guilt,  shame, and fear. 

There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ.  For some baffling reason, some folks want to keep at least a little bit of it for themselves.

rsc2a said:
Not if we fall at the feet of Jesus.  He has covered our shame.  Like I tell my kids,  our motivation should be love for God and others,  not guilt,  shame, and fear.

So let's suppose I raped your family.

Ransom said:
rsc2a said:

So let's suppose I raped your family.
Suppose away

rsc2a said:
Not if we fall at the feet of Jesus.  He has covered our shame.

Denying the Kenosis strips any ability for you to argue for "no condemnation."

If your Jesus was not humiliated and shamed on the cross, He did not experience humanity... Therefore your theology has no basis...

What is bad is that you are covering for Tomato who will continue to believe his delusion.

FSSL said:
rsc2a said:
Not if we fall at the feet of Jesus.  He has covered our shame.

Denying the Kenosis strips any ability for you to argue for "no condemnation."

"I'm going to keep on making things up and putting words in your mouth."

If your Jesus was not humiliated and shamed on the cross, He did not experience humanity... Therefore your theology has no basis...

Case in point.

What is bad is that you are covering for Tomato who will continue to believe his delusion.

What is bad is that your arrogance has denied you the ability to admit mistakes,  led to you lying about others,  and caused you to resort to "you're stupid" as  the your answer to others.

There is a saying down here in South Alabama, "stupid is as stupid does. "

Comparing someone tweezing their eyebrows out to the plucking of Jesus his beard is over-the-top. There is no other word to use than "stupid" for that comparison.

You have completely avoided the fact that the words "humiliation" and "shame" are used of Jesus on the cross. Until that discussion occurs, we have no reason to believe that you actually defend the Kenosis.

The proper answer to the OP would be. "Yes, Jesus was humiliated and shamed on the cross." Tomato, you need to read your Bible more.

FSSL said:

Comparing someone tweezing their eyebrows out to the plucking of Jesus his beard is over-the-top. There is no other word to use than "stupid" for that comparison.

You have completely avoided the fact that the words "humiliation" and "shame" are used of Jesus on the cross. Until that discussion occurs, we have no reason to believe that you actually defend the Kenosis.

The proper answer to the OP would be. "Yes, Jesus was humiliated and shamed on the cross." Tomato, you need to read your Bible more.

I think you're wrong about humiliation. Shame. Yes.

rsc2a said:
Suppose away

If you say so.

If I raped your family, I should feel no shame or guilt because Jesus already paid for it. True or false?

FSSL said:

You explicitly stated that nudity is wrong because the Romans used it to shame and degrade Jesus. Yet you conveniently want to ignore that his beard was yanked out for the same reason.  It's only "stupid" because you don't have an answer for your inconsistencies.

You have completely avoided the fact that the words "humiliation" and "shame" are used of Jesus on the cross.

This is known as "making things up."

And I haven't said otherwise.  Maybe the proper answer is for you to tell your MODERATOR, "stop talking about raping someone's wife and kids". But that might require a bit of objectivity and fairness that has vanished here.

Ransom said:
rsc2a said:
Suppose away

If you say so.

If I raped your family, I should feel no shame or guilt because Jesus already paid for it. True or false?

Judging by the post above, I should feel more ashamed because I asked the question, than committing the act the question asks about.

I guess that since we've already established that rsc2a is the forum's resident Jesuit casuist, we're now just negotiating over where the line of demarcation is between mortal and venial sins . . .

Venial: Raping someone's family.

Mortal: Asking whether, hypothetically, I should be ashamed for raping his family.

What seems to be ignored here is the purpose of guilt and shame. They are to lead to repentance. If I commit sin I should feel guilt and shame. To say otherwise means that I can sin with impunity and feel good about myself. That is wrong-headed thinking. Yes, Jesus covered my sin and took on my guilt and shame. That does not give me free reign to do whatever I want without consequence.

Case in point: were I to walk thru Nashville naked I should feel shame because I am violating my neighbors. To say I shouldn't feel shame because of Christ in that scenario is ridiculous. On the other hand, I shouldn't feel shame to be naked in front of my wife. That is the beauty of the marriage relationship. In other words, it's dishonest to say that I should never or always feel shame for nakedness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsc2a said:
And I haven't said otherwise.  Maybe the proper answer is for you to tell your MODERATOR, "stop talking about raping someone's wife and kids". But that might require a bit of objectivity and fairness that has vanished here.

I wouldn't have went that far either, but it is obvious that he is not trying to incite your passions as much as demonstrate reduction ad absurdum.

ALAYMAN said:
rsc2a said:

I wouldn't have went that far either, but it is obvious that he is not trying to incite your passions as much as demonstrate reduction ad absurdum.

Anyone with at least 10 good brain cells knows this.... what does that tell us about "you know who".

rsc2a said:

Word.