David Hyles being sued

Vince Massi

Registered
Reaction score
Starlifter, try high-lighting the link with your cursor, and it should work.

Ransom

Individual without a cervix
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
I tried it again, it just says "Forbidden".
Is that an omen?
To be serious, I don't know why it's not working for you, unless your browser is breaking up the URL in a way that their server doesn't like. Does this work?

Twisted

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
To be serious, I don't know why it's not working for you...
Remember, this is the same guy who can't log in to the FFF as 16KJV11.

His struggles are real.

Walt

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
Do you doubt that she was raped?
Do you doubt that Dave was a serial sexual predator enabled by his Dad?
I believe both of these, but don't know why the church should be included; in my opinion, the inclusion of FBCH weakens her case.

Vince Massi

Registered
Reaction score
Walt, the idea here is that she is not suing for rape. She is suing for racketeering. She claims that both the college and the church helped cover it up in violation of federal law, and she is suing for damages.

Vince Massi

Registered
Reaction score
On June 17, 2020, Dave Hyles filed a motion to dismiss all charges against him by Joy Evans Ryder. Dave referred to a previous motion filed by the church and college that claimed that 1) the statute of limitations has expired and 2) that the RICO (anti-racketeering laws) does not apply to Joy’s case.

Opinion: 1) Dave refers to a Supreme Court ruling that RICO expires four years after discovery of the crime, while a federal law states that there is not a statute of limitations if it is a sex crime against a minor.

2) The courts have consistently ruled that when there is a contradiction between the INTENT of the lawbreakers vs. what the law actually SAYS, then what the law actually says is valid. Lawmakers probably did not intend RICO to be used against churches, but if RICO allows it, it is legal.

Several times, Dave complains that Joy makes general statements about the church /college covering up crime, without naming individuals.

Opinion: That’s why she’s suing the ORGANIZATIONS, not various people within the organizations.

Dave spends a lot of time arguing that the federal laws do not apply to him, and that the statue of limitations has expired. He cites some court rulings and laws to support this claim.

Opinion: There will have to be some court rulings on contradictory laws.

Dave claims that because he did not violate all of the provisions of RICO and obstruction of justice, he cannot be prosecuted for either charge, because he did not show a pattern of violating these laws.

Opinion: Dave is not being sued for a “pattern” of rape; he is being sued for raping a specific individual.