David Hyles being sued

I'm surprised that they haven't already had changes made under the current leadership.

I believe there was no help from fbc which is sad.

It helps to point out that:

1) The Dave Hyles and Jim Vineyard scandals are still in progress, under the authority and protection of FBCH. They have still not rescinded their slanders against people who stood up against the sins of these two men, they have not rescinded academic awards given to gang members, and they have not removed Jim Vineyard's slanders from the transcripts of students who opposed his sins.

2) They are still lying that Jack Hyles is a Ruckmanite hero. Jack was a fundamentalist when God used him to build a great church. He turned Ruckmanite and then presided over one of the greatest declines in the history of Christianity.

Jack Schaap established the policy that there will be no new scandals, but the old ones will continue. This policy is still in force.

It helps to point out that:

1) The Dave Hyles and Jim Vineyard scandals are still in progress, under the authority and protection of FBCH. They have still not rescinded their slanders against people who stood up against the sins of these two men, they have not rescinded academic awards given to gang members, and they have not removed Jim Vineyard's slanders from the transcripts of students who opposed his sins.

I'm not sure what you mean by "still in progress"; Jim Vineyard is dead, and Dave Hyles has not been part of FBCH for 30+ years. If you mean that FBCH hasn't fully made it right, then yes, but that's not "still in progress". I think that the current pastor has been there long enough that it's time to "clean house"; all of those in leadership that supported JH and JS need to be removed from their positions.

2) They are still lying that Jack Hyles is a Ruckmanite hero. Jack was a fundamentalist when God used him to build a great church. He turned Ruckmanite and then presided over one of the greatest declines in the history of Christianity.

I dispute that FBCH was ever a "great church"; I would grant that it was a large organization... it wasn't a church; the foundation was Jack Hyles. He built it around himself, and he demanded loyalty to himself. Moreover, the people were kept busy, but there was little spiritual depth.

Jack Schaap established the policy that there will be no new scandals, but the old ones will continue. This policy is still in force.

Anyone can make a statement about some "policy", but that has no meaning, especially as he ushered in new scandals.

I believe there was no help from fbc which is sad.

Agreed. If they want God's blessings upon them as a church, they need to acknowledge the sins of the past and not cover for bad leadership in the past.

From the article I posted: "The multi-count suit seeks an undeclared amount of money."
So in many of these types of cases I would agree. Someone who may or may not of made a stupid mistake stuck trying to defend themselves against something from decades ago. However, in this case David's life seems like one big stupid mistake. Presently, he's facing a new accusation which took place from his new "ministry" headquarters. There is certainly questions regarding a dead child that took the 5th on when questioned. And those our just few of the victims in his path of destruction.

From the article I posted: "The multi-count suit seeks an undeclared amount of money."
Thank you I didn't see that article. I've talked to Joy she wants change

Interesting.... this seem innacurate. Seems like this would be about 1980. Dr. Evans was the President from about 1974 .....

But no 'dollars'? :p

The suit alleges Ryder finally informed her parents of the rapes after two years and brought her father with her to a meeting with David Hyles to confront him.
It alleges that after their meeting, her father personally informed Jack Hyles of the son’s wrongdoing.
It alleges the church responded by giving her father a lucrative job at Hyles-Anderson college “in exchange for his silence and agreement not to take the allegations to law enforcement.”
The lawsuit also alleges the church then moved David Hyles to a church in Texas, where his father had previously been a pastor.

The link qwerty posted is about another victim named Nanette Miles who is seeking an undisclosed amount of money but also mentions Joy Ryder’s lawsuit.

50 Times?!?!?!??!?!

In the words of the Great Kanye West "When you hear about slavery for 400 years ... For 400 years? That sounds like a choice."
You have absolutely no idea what an ignorant statement you just made. I could educate you, but after reading “the Great Kanye West”, I realize that I am not trained to deal with that level of ignorance.
This survivor knows what she was facing and has lived in a nightmare you’ll never know, for more for more than 40 years. Read a real world book about how sexual predators operate!

However, in this case David's life seems like one big stupid mistake. Presently, he's facing a new accusation which took place from his new "ministry" headquarters. There is certainly questions regarding a dead child that took the 5th on when questioned. And those our just few of the victims in his path of destruction.

No arguments from me, the guy is a piece of work who nearly ran into my fist at 90mph at his Dad's funeral, and I would not have thought twice about it.

But 40 years.....please. If the parent(s) who were supposedly aware of this kept quiet for 40 years, Dave is/was the least of this girls problems.

You have absolutely no idea what an ignorant statement you just made. I could educate you, but after reading “the Great Kanye West”, I realize that I am not trained to deal with that level of ignorance.
Sarcasm is obviously lost on you.

This survivor knows what she was facing and has lived in a nightmare you’ll never know, for more for more than 40 years. Read a real world book about how sexual predators operate!

You haven't a clue. Never know?!?!?! You have no clue. My wife suffered at the hands of a real pedo-rapist and suffered horrors you would not believe if I told you. Beaten, repeatedly raped night after night, tied up for insects to eat on her. Beaten with extension cords. Tied up in fields to trees for entire days. Until one day God intervened and she was taken away AT 9, GET THAT AT 9 YEARS OLD to a foster home and where she met the saving grace of Jesus. Don't tell me I don't understand. I married this girl knowing the background but having no idea of how that would affect our lives. I learned and studied and worked with her and me. Trying to gain understanding and how I was to be a good husband that did not resemble a predator in how I treated her emotionally and intimately. She raised 3 godly children and is one of the most kind and gracious ladies that you would ever meet. You would have no clue of the suffering she endured. She wrote a book that had considerable distribution thru out the country and many pastors have commented on how much it has helped ladies in their churches. All proceeds were donated to a women's group- YOU DON"T PROFIT ON ABUSE! . . I have eliminated the rest of this post because it just would not be fruitful However I know the truth of what real sexual abuse looks like it makes me SICK to my stomach when stories are, lets say . . elaborated and embellished to nearly unrecognizable for those of us who were present at the time. YES DAVE HYLES IS VILE SCUM! However, Some of this seems like nothing more than a naked attempt at money. RICO Laws?!?! 40 years?!?!? Really?!?!?! Suing the Church and College because of perceived deep pockets because we all know DH doesn't have a pot to pee in.

I am not speaking of Miss Miles. I haven't a clue concerning her story.

Sarcasm is obviously lost on you.

You haven't a clue. Never know?!?!?! You have no clue. My wife suffered at the hands of a real pedo-rapist and suffered horrors you would not believe if I told you. Beaten, repeatedly raped night after night, tied up for insects to eat on her. Beaten with extension cords. Tied up in fields to trees for entire days. Until one day God intervened and she was taken away AT 9, GET THAT AT 9 YEARS OLD to a foster home and where she met the saving grace of Jesus. Don't tell me I don't understand. I married this girl knowing the background but having no idea of how that would affect our lives. I learned and studied and worked with her and me. Trying to gain understanding and how I was to be a good husband that did not resemble a predator in how I treated her emotionally and intimately. She raised 3 godly children and is one of the most kind and gracious ladies that you would ever meet. You would have no clue of the suffering she endured. She wrote a book that had considerable distribution thru out the country and many pastors have commented on how much it has helped ladies in their churches. All proceeds were donated to a women's group- YOU DON"T PROFIT ON ABUSE! . . I have eliminated the rest of this post because it just would not be fruitful However I know the truth of what real sexual abuse looks like it makes me SICK to my stomach when stories are, lets say . . elaborated and embellished to nearly unrecognizable for those of us who were present at the time. YES DAVE HYLES IS VILE SCUM! However, Some of this seems like nothing more than a naked attempt at money. RICO Laws?!?! 40 years?!?!? Really?!?!?! Suing the Church and College because of perceived deep pockets because we all know DH doesn't have a pot to pee in.

I am not speaking of Miss Miles. I haven't a clue concerning her story.

As I said before, you have no idea. You, yourself, have no idea. It was surely terrible what your wife suffered. This is an entirely different type of story. I, too have suffered at the hands of a pedophile. I understand why these women have spent forty-plus years in agony. It is not about money, it is about accountability. I have spent time, money, and anguish over what happened to me while in the presence of someone at FBCH. A man already revealed as a predator to Jack Hyles, who brought him to Hammond and placed him in charge of young ladies. No surprise that he abused two minors before me. He was asked to find another job outside of FBCH, yet before he left, he took an opportunity to abuse again. He chose me. I know the shame, the wagging tongues, and most of all, the lies. My family knew what I would’ve been dragged through to get justice. I wish now, forty-plus years later that we had gone to the police with our solid evidence, which Jack Hyles threatened my Mother within an inch of her life to get. My mother refused to give it to him.
So many lives ruined by the idolator, adulterer, false prophet, Jack Hyles!
I don’t run around telling my story. I know why we made the choice we made. Jack Hyles is dead and I am glad. Dave Hyles has been shown to be most of what he really is. I am waiting for the allegations of murder to be proven. I will always believe that those are true. Jack Schaap is in jail and spending far less time there than he should.
Jack Hyles’ children have all had serious marital problems and at least three, if not all four have gone through divorce. That place is just one big cover-up.
You may see what your wife goes through, but you cannot know, you can only attempt to understand.
Don’t judge these women because they waited. We all have our reasons. They are usually not about money. They are about making accountability and seeing change. Sometimes the only way one can punish is to do so by including taking money away from the guilty parties.
Until you’ve actually been cornered by a predator, you are talking through the general area of where you sit!

As I said before, you have no idea. You, yourself, have no idea. It was surely terrible what your wife suffered. This is an entirely different type of story. I, too have suffered at the hands of a pedophile. I understand why these women have spent forty-plus years in agony. It is not about money, it is about accountability. I have spent time, money, and anguish over what happened to me while in the presence of someone at FBCH. A man already revealed as a predator to Jack Hyles, who brought him to Hammond and placed him in charge of young ladies. No surprise that he abused two minors before me. He was asked to find another job outside of FBCH, yet before he left, he took an opportunity to abuse again. He chose me. I know the shame, the wagging tongues, and most of all, the lies. My family knew what I would’ve been dragged through to get justice. I wish now, forty-plus years later that we had gone to the police with our solid evidence, which Jack Hyles threatened my Mother within an inch of her life to get. My mother refused to give it to him.
So many lives ruined by the idolator, adulterer, false prophet, Jack Hyles!
I don’t run around telling my story. I know why we made the choice we made. Jack Hyles is dead and I am glad. Dave Hyles has been shown to be most of what he really is. I am waiting for the allegations of murder to be proven. I will always believe that those are true. Jack Schaap is in jail and spending far less time there than he should.
Jack Hyles’ children have all had serious marital problems and at least three, if not all four have gone through divorce. That place is just one big cover-up.
You may see what your wife goes through, but you cannot know, you can only attempt to understand.
Don’t judge these women because they waited. We all have our reasons. They are usually not about money. They are about making accountability and seeing change. Sometimes the only way one can punish is to do so by including taking money away from the guilty parties.
Until you’ve actually been cornered by a predator, you are talking through the general area of where you sit!

I don't know who you are but you are a hero for standing up and trying to explain. Thank you I wish you many blessings.