Deaths Of HAC Students

fishinnut said:
patriotic said:
Pastor Ron Morrow of Gospel Light Baptist Church in Marion, IA, passed away on Monday, May 23, 2016. 

I don't think he ever attended HAC, but he was awarded an honorary doctorate, and many students from his church attended HAC.
Sorry to hear of this. He was a friend for whom I preached a weeklong  revival meeting. His church gave me one of the largest love offerings of my time in evangelism.

If that was within the past 18 years or so, my brother and his family were there.

A very giving church.

earnestly contend

Just heard today on hac facebook page that Greg Lambert passed away. Went to college with him. Did not know him well but he was a missionary in Mexico and I think a former cop or state trooper from the SE before hac.

BALAAM said:
Just heard today on hac facebook page that Greg Lambert passed away. Went to college with him. Did not know him well but he was a missionary in Mexico and I think a former cop or state trooper from the SE before hac.
FTR that would be the father Greg Lambert not the son.  I don't know if they designated Sr. and Jr. in their names but this was the older Mr. Lambert.

TidesofTruth said:
BALAAM said:
FTR that would be the father Greg Lambert not the son.  I don't know if they designated Sr. and Jr. in their names but this was the older Mr. Lambert.

Yes, sorry for not making that clear. I don't remember if Greg had two sons or three but one was named Greg also.

Kelvin Cook.

earnestly contend

prophet said:
Tom Brennan said:
prophet said:
Kelvin Cook.
1611848941179.png
prophet said:
Tom Brennan said:
prophet said:
earnestly contend
I've been hurting all week about this one...
Yes.
earnestly contend
Kelvin was born on July 11, 1974 and passed away on Friday, May 27, 2016.
Kelvin was a resident of Adrian, Michigan at the time of his passing.
Kelvin was a 1992 graduate of Berean Baptist Academy and a 1996 Hyles-Anderson College graduate.
He was married to Alicia Stroud.

If you knew Kelvin go to http://www.wagleyfuneralhomes.com/obituaries/Kelvin-Cook/ to post condolences and memories.

Last edited:
Pastor William (Bud) Hall (64)
Husband of Nancy (Capps) Hall
1619026936802.png
Born February 3, 1945
Died February 16, 2009

Lived in Fairfield, Virginia
Received a Bachelor of Theology in 1979 from Hyles Anderson College

Last edited:
Rachel Susan Dishmon, 64,
Died February 18, 2016

Received a teaching degree from Hyles Anderson College

"Leonard Nelson, 60, of Middletown, husband of Diane (Newton) Nelson, passed away unexpectedly on August 27, 2016 ...  He is a graduate of Hyles Anderson College where he received his Bachelors of Science Degree. Leonard was an avid Minnesota Vikings and Minnesota Twins fan."

:'(

Least of These said:
"Leonard Nelson, 60, of Middletown, husband of Diane (Newton) Nelson, passed away unexpectedly on August 27, 2016 ...  He is a graduate of Hyles Anderson College where he received his Bachelors of Science Degree. Leonard was an avid Minnesota Vikings and Minnesota Twins fan."

:'(

Prayers for the Nelson and Newton families.  The Newton's were one of FBC's finest families.  I remember Mrs Charlene Newton being so influencial to so many families for years as she was the superintendent of the 2 year olds.  Precious memories last will last for a lifetime!

Elbert Thurman Barnes
Born October 14, 1943
Died September 6, 2016

He attended Hyles Anderson College

He was a member of Freedom Baptist Church, Jackson, Ohio

qwerty said:
Randy Ericson - Cancer 12/13/16

He was a tremendous man.
But not a HACker.

earnestly contend

Probably me next.  My wife would be able to pay off the house and send the kids tuition free to HAC! :D

sword said:
Elbert Thurman Barnes
Born October 14, 1943
Died September 6, 2016

He attended Hyles Anderson College

He was a member of Freedom Baptist Church, Jackson, Ohio

I just got a card from him a couple of months ago and we talked to him.  We took care of him when he was here in Hammond.  What happened?  Can you private message me?  We were just getting ready to send him a Christmas card.