Fully Clothed Women

The practical reasons you will not walk down the street naked is because society still recognizes that nakedness is not "just skin." Your reluctance shows that you are not willing to deconstruct society's view. Actually, it just reveals that you are not an honest debater.

Common grace on society still deems nakedness as shameful. Nudist colonies are populated by self-deluded people who fight against God's grace. They are still the wacko subjects of Dateline and 20/20. Common Grace keeps our clothes on.

Without sin's effects on the mind, nakedness carries no shame. Those who claim to not be effected by nakedness are claiming to not be effected by sin.

Nakedness was determined by God to be a baseline for determining the shame of sin. You undermine it by appealing to an absurd notion that nakedness has not effect on you, thus you deny sin has an effect on you in this area.

You're appealing to the world? But I get it...your struggles are everyone's struggles because... reasons?

And,  of course,  it still doesn't address why billions of coupes have seen each other naked without shame.

But then,  you've come across a mind reading machine and decided I'm a liar,  so what do I know?

Sorry that my statements regarding theology and Bible in the posts above elude you.

Well, at least you've moved from the idea that nakedness is intrinsically sinful. Baby steps and all that...

The shame of nakedness is an effect of sin. I have never argued otherwise.

rsc2a said:
Well, at least you've moved from the idea that nakedness is intrinsically sinful. Baby steps and all that...

Next thing you know, he'll be eating pork and shrimp. 

The Rogue Tomato said:
Next thing you know, he'll be eating pork and shrimp.

Ignorance on display for all! :)

The ignore button suits you just fine! You couldn't keep up in this discussion anyways.

Since Bob H isn't around, or just doesn't want to answer, anyone else who is against nakedness in movies want to tackle this? 

When you see a big satchel of money laying around ripe for the taking in a movie, do you lust for it?  If not, why not?

No matter who answers this, I'm expecting you to say, no, you wouldn't lust for it.

I'm really interested in the reason why you wouldn't.  No matter how you answer that part, you will make my point for me.

There is a difference between lust and greed. TRT doesn't recognize that distinction.

It would have been a better discussion had anyone of you wanted to discuss theology and the Bible as it relates to nakedness.

Why all of the avoidance?

FSSL said:

Those who pretend that nakedness does not effect them are: 1) dishonest; or 2) have their consciences so conditioned by looking at nudity that they are self-deceived. - FSSL

Something about transforming and renewing and minds....what was that again?

FSSL said:
There is a difference between lust and greed. TRT doesn't recognize that distinction.

Yes. One you want something that doesn't belong to you and the other you want something that doesn't belong to you.

FSSL said:
It would have been a better discussion had anyone of you wanted to discuss theology and the Bible as it relates to nakedness.

Yes. Why avoid the example of a husband and wife?

rsc2a said:
FSSL said:

Those who pretend that nakedness does not effect them are: 1) dishonest; or 2) have their consciences so conditioned by looking at nudity that they are self-deceived. - FSSL

An example of your dishonesty in the discussion.

Unless you want us all to believe that your mind has been transformed to such a degree that sin no longer has an effect on your mind...

The Rogue Tomato said:
Since Bob H isn't around, or just doesn't want to answer, anyone else who is against nakedness in movies want to tackle this? 

When you see a big satchel of money laying around ripe for the taking in a movie, do you lust for it?  If not, why not?

No matter who answers this, I'm expecting you to say, no, you wouldn't lust for it.

I'm really interested in the reason why you wouldn't.  No matter how you answer that part, you will make my point for me.

I'll just get to the point. 

1. No, I wouldn't, because I don't lust after money.  I'm not a lover of money and crave it all the time. 

Lots of people lust after money even more than they lust after naked ladies.  You're not one of them.  So why is it so hard for you to believe it when someone says they don't lust after naked ladies?  Learn to accept the fact that not everyone is like you.

2. Yes, I'm a lover of money and crave it (lust after it), but it's just a movie.  It's not like I can jump into the screen and grab it.  I would have to be insane -- unable to distinguish between reality and a depiction of reality in a movie -- to get all hot and bothered about a satchel of money in a movie.

And I believe you would have to lack the ability to distinguish between reality and the depiction of reality to lust after naked ladies in a film.  I can see that if you're just going through puberty and your hormones rule your brain, you might lack that ability.  Puberty does make the brain do crazy things.  But these movies are for MATURE audiences.  It says so right in the ratings, and for good reason.

FSSL said:
rsc2a said:
FSSL said:

An example of your dishonesty in the discussion.

Unless you want us all to believe that your mind has been transformed to such a degree that sin no longer has an effect on your mind...

There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus...

So now the people who accept this are the immature believers and liars?

rsc2a][quote author=FSSL said:

Yes. Why avoid the example of a husband and wife?[/quote]

Avoided yet again!

A prime example of someone who can't fathom the idea that there really are people who aren't exactly like himself. 

I'm pretty sure that's related to insanity.  So I guess I have to modify my statement above to include IFBism as well as puberty as a reason why some people can't distinguish between reality and a depiction of reality in a movie. 

The Rogue Tomato said:

A prime example of someone who can't fathom the idea that there really are people who aren't exactly like himself. 

I'm pretty sure that's related to insanity.

I don't dig into websites with nudity and post subpages of nude pictures on Christian forums. Sanctified minds recognize the dangers and avoid the temptation to dwell on them... never mind posting them to jibe fellow believers.

FSSL -

Simple question:  why should we feel shame at being nude?

It just occurred to me -- you know what the funniest thing is about a strip bar scene in a movie?

Even when I was an anti-Christian atheist, the idea of a strip bar never appealed to me because I knew it was fake.  That woman doesn't want to seduce me.  She's getting paid to pretend and act like she wants to seduce whoever is sitting in that seat. 

In a movie, it's DOUBLE fake.  It's a woman getting paid to pretend she's a woman getting paid to pretend and act like she wants to seduce whoever is sitting in that seat. 

I'm not sure how much more detached from reality you can get than that.

LOL!  ;)

ADDED: When a movie says it's for MATURE audiences, it should specify, "Nobody under the age of 18, and no IFBs allowed."