Fully Clothed Women

rsc2a said:
Yes. Why avoid the example of a husband and wife?

Adam and Eve have been a core part of this discussion. What don't you understand about their shame?

rsc2a said:
FSSL -

Simple question:  why should we feel shame at being nude?

Already discussed at length above. What don't you understand about the effects of sin on the mind?
You accept public nudity as a norm. You will not accept what the Bible says.

FSSL said:
rsc2a said:
Yes. Why avoid the example of a husband and wife?

Adam and Eve have been a core part of this discussion. What don't you understand about their shame?
So you reject the cross then.

FSSL said:
rsc2a said:
FSSL -

Simple question:  why should we feel shame at being nude?

Already discussed at length above. What don't you understand about the effects of sin on the mind?

I'm sure there is plenty I don't understand.  I don't understand why you completely avoided the question. (Well, actually I do understand...)

You accept public nudity as a norm.

Say what?

You will not accept what the Bible says.

Ahh...the "because I say so" response.

The Rogue Tomato said:
rsc2a said:

That pretty much sums up the scriptural defenses most people here offer.

I think you use 'uber-extreme' hyperbole here.
Most here can and do present arguments for their positions.
Often...very often... on the fff positions are taken that may not be right or wrong...just different.
Personal standards may differ, but they are what they are...personal standards.
The problem here, I'm sometimes guilty, is that we take other posters' personal standards, personally!

rsc2a said:
FSSL said:
rsc2a said:
FSSL said:
The shame of nakedness is an effect of sin. I have never argued otherwise.

Those who pretend that nakedness does not effect them are: 1) dishonest; or 2) have their consciences so conditioned by looking at nudity that they are self-deceived. - FSSL

Something about transforming and renewing and minds....what was that again?

An example of your dishonesty in the discussion.

Unless you want us all to believe that your mind has been transformed to such a degree that sin no longer has an effect on your mind...

There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus...

So now the people who accept this are the immature believers and liars?

Oh brother!  ::)

Tarheel Baptist said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
rsc2a said:

I think you use 'uber-extreme' hyperbole here.
Most here can and do present arguments for their positions.
Often...very often... on the fff positions are taken that may not be right or wrong...just different.
Personal standards may differ, but they are what they are...personal standards.

The problem here, I'm sometimes guilty, is that we take other posters' personal standards, personally!

If you can accept that people can be different, why can't others accept it when rsc2a and I say nudity isn't an issue for us?

The Rogue Tomato said:

How do you know what has been brought forward, oh ignorant one?

The Rogue Tomato said:
If you can accept that people can be different, why can't others accept it when rsc2a and I say nudity isn't an issue for us?

It is not a matter of you being different, but indifferent to the consciences of those on this forum.

Rsc2a claims he could, without shame, March him and his wife in the nude down the streets of Nashville ... but he will not.

You post nudity in the forum expecting it to get a reaction. You know the nature of the image and its effect on the mind of believers who cope in a sin cursed world.

We don't believe either of you. Neither of you will engage on the biblical discussion above (ie, common grace, original sin, base-line of shame as illustrated in the garden). These concepts fly over your head.

The Rogue Tomato said:
It just occurred to me -- you know what the funniest thing is about a strip bar scene in a movie?

Even when I was an anti-Christian atheist, the idea of a strip bar never appealed to me because I knew it was fake.  That woman doesn't want to seduce me.  She's getting paid to pretend and act like she wants to seduce whoever is sitting in that seat. 

In a movie, it's DOUBLE fake.  It's a woman getting paid to pretend she's a woman getting paid to pretend and act like she wants to seduce whoever is sitting in that seat. 

I'm not sure how much more detached from reality you can get than that.

LOL!  ;)

ADDED: When a movie says it's for MATURE audiences, it should specify, "Nobody under the age of 18, and no IFBs allowed."

This is an obscenely laughable argument.  Why don't all those other men sitting in the strip bars recognized the same thing, that it's all an illusion/pretend?  Wow, who knew it.  Boobie bars aren't really sinful at all so long as you just recognize them as a fantasy fulfiller.  8)

The Rogue Tomato said:

I didn't say that. :p

FSSL said:
Rsc2a claims he could, without shame, March him and his wife in the nude down the streets of Nashville ... but he will not.

And?

We don't believe either of you. Neither of you will engage on the biblical discussion above (ie, common grace, original sin, base-line of shame as illustrated in the garden). These concepts fly over your head.

Yay for you! Why is it again that you not answer the simple question I asked above?

rsc2a said:
Why is it again that you not answer the simple question I asked above?

Why is it that you cannot read? It has been addressed but you miss it every time.

Adam and Eve were MARRIED (as if this needed to be pointed out)

FSSL said:
rsc2a said:
Why is it again that you not answer the simple question I asked above?

Why is it that you cannot read? It has been addressed but you miss it every time.

Adam and Eve were MARRIED (as if this needed to be pointed out)

And this was irrelevant to whether they felt shame or not. The shame had to do with their position with God.

... namely, this MARRIED couple had different emotions about their nakedness in public, that they never had before sin.

Read the text. You cannot divorce their shame of their nakedness from their changed relationship with God.

Why the run around? What is your point? Are you claiming sinlessness in this area?

FSSL said:
... namely, this MARRIED couple had different emotions about their nakedness in public, that they never had before sin.

Must have been all the animals that made it so public.

Read the text. You cannot divorce their shame of their nakedness from their changed relationship with God.

Yet you keep trying.

Why the run around? What is your point?

Who's running? My point is simple: nakedness is not inherently sinful.

Are you claiming sinlessness in this area?

Yes,  I am claiming that I do not sin by being naked.  Showers must be interesting in your traveling home. ..

rsc2a said:
The Rogue Tomato said:

I didn't say that. :p

Okay, I sit corrected. 

So, if one can accept that people can be different, why can't one accept it when I say nudity isn't an issue for me, even if it is an issue for one (or more)?

rsc2a said:
Showers must be interesting in your traveling home. ..

I seem to recall that we were forced to shower together after gym in junior high school up to 9th grade (after which I stopped taking gym).  In fact, when we had pool period, we had to swim naked -- swimming trunks were not allowed.  Does that mean I could sue the school for forcing me to sin, or even for, gasp, pedophilia? 

I must admit, even as a kid, I thought it was weird that girls wore bathing suits for pool period, but boys had to be naked.  (Of course, we didn't share the same pool period.)