IFB Authored Books

prophet said:
RAIDER said:
Boomer said:
Ok, I have done some recounting of my sermon frequency according to the suggested methods of this thread. I am pleased to humbly....er...yeah....humbly announce that I have preached 12,000 sermons already this year (that should earn me some HACker street cred!).

Why stop counting there??? As I look back at my years and years of ministry, I realize that I have preached more than any other preacher in history. I know I've only been a pastor for 2 years, but I can say that I've been in the ministry for 33 years because my dad was a preacher.

So...in my 33 years of ministry, I have preached over 100,000 sermons to over 3,000,000 souls!  ;)

I also decided to recount the events of my average day using HACker math...I get up at 3:30 in the morning, pray for 3 hours, read the Bible for three hours, and then I walk in the woods meditating for 6 hours. I then go to the office to study for my sermons for 4 hours, followed by 6 hours spent counseling those who need it. The next 5 hours of the day are spent soul-winning. I then retire to the house where I spend 3 hours playing with the kids. Finally, we have family devotions for the next 2 hours.
  Now, I know it seems like there aren't enough hours in the day for this type of schedule, but....DON'T QUESTION ME! You see this little pinky finger??? There is more spirituality and knowledge in the tip of this little pinky finger than in your entire body!

WOW! I like this HACker math. I can't wait to apply it to the attendance numbers next Sunday!

Special thanks to RAIDER, Patriotic, and others who have inspired me with their wisdom...  :D

You may never have spent a day at HAC, but you, my friend, have discovered the secret to the ministry!  :)
Oh horror of all horrors!  He missed the fact that this formula only works in the spring and fall.  A true HACker knows that the numbers have to recede during no program time, in order to accentuate the 'growth' in Spring and Fall.

Anishinabe

Good thinking, Prophet! With an ebb and flow of numbers like that, we can expect to see at least 117% growth twice per year!  :eek:

Boomer said:
prophet said:
RAIDER said:
Boomer said:
Ok, I have done some recounting of my sermon frequency according to the suggested methods of this thread. I am pleased to humbly....er...yeah....humbly announce that I have preached 12,000 sermons already this year (that should earn me some HACker street cred!).

Why stop counting there??? As I look back at my years and years of ministry, I realize that I have preached more than any other preacher in history. I know I've only been a pastor for 2 years, but I can say that I've been in the ministry for 33 years because my dad was a preacher.

So...in my 33 years of ministry, I have preached over 100,000 sermons to over 3,000,000 souls!  ;)

I also decided to recount the events of my average day using HACker math...I get up at 3:30 in the morning, pray for 3 hours, read the Bible for three hours, and then I walk in the woods meditating for 6 hours. I then go to the office to study for my sermons for 4 hours, followed by 6 hours spent counseling those who need it. The next 5 hours of the day are spent soul-winning. I then retire to the house where I spend 3 hours playing with the kids. Finally, we have family devotions for the next 2 hours.
  Now, I know it seems like there aren't enough hours in the day for this type of schedule, but....DON'T QUESTION ME! You see this little pinky finger??? There is more spirituality and knowledge in the tip of this little pinky finger than in your entire body!

WOW! I like this HACker math. I can't wait to apply it to the attendance numbers next Sunday!

Special thanks to RAIDER, Patriotic, and others who have inspired me with their wisdom...  :D

You may never have spent a day at HAC, but you, my friend, have discovered the secret to the ministry!  :)
Oh horror of all horrors!  He missed the fact that this formula only works in the spring and fall.  A true HACker knows that the numbers have to recede during no program time, in order to accentuate the 'growth' in Spring and Fall.

Anishinabe

Good thinking, Prophet! With an ebb and flow of numbers like that, we can expect to see at least 117% growth twice per year!  :eek:
I'll get Dr.Towns on the horn, asap.

Anishinabe

patriotic said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Do posts on this forum count as sermons? 

Let's see.....  40 million internet users each day......  500 posts......

I have preached 20 billion sermons this year!!!  So what if all of those browsers didn't come to this site!?!  If they choose not to listen it is their fault.  I have still preached the sermon to them!

The mantle has been passed on!!!

Or as we like to call it.......The Mickey!

prophet said:
I'll get Dr.Towns on the horn, asap.

This would be a perfect chapter for his new book "World's Biggest Hackers"!

IFB X-Files said:
Without a doubt, the best set of commentaries written by an IFB are those written by Ruckman (let the hate begin).

Second behind that would be any book written by James Knox.

Then (in no particular order), Laurence Vance, Sam Gipp,  Ken Blue, Al Lacy, Doug Stauffer, Bill Grady.  Then there are a plethora of "one-hit wonders" which would take time to compile.

I would write my own series of books, but alas, I am way too busy winning souls and door knocking.

I am a reader.  I love reading.  Place a Bill Grady book in my hands, though, and I become a sleeper.  I love sleeping. :)

IFB X-Files said:
Binaca Chugger said:
the best pastors are able to use a variety of methods for proclaiming truth.

My best sermon ideas come from the idiotic comments made (by others - LOL!) on this forum.  It's an endless supply.

I have to admit, this place provides quite a variety of topics at my house. :)

IFB X-Files said:
Binaca Chugger said:
the best pastors are able to use a variety of methods for proclaiming truth.

My best sermon ideas come from the idiotic comments made (by others - LOL!) on this forum.  It's an endless supply.
Do we get a share in the royalties, when you make it big?

Anishinabe

Read a horrible book the other day sent to me by the SOTL--The Fall of a Fledgling Fundamentalist.  No Scripture in context and no real point.

graceandtruth said:
Read a horrible book the other day sent to me by the SOTL--The Fall of a Fledgling Fundamentalist.  No Scripture in context and no real point.

Who wrote it, and what is the book supposed to be about?

IFB X-Files said:
Boomer said:
graceandtruth said:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Fall-Fledgling-Fundamentalist-ebook/dp/B00BAY12GQ

What did you expect from those two?  Two self-educated, self-made, self-promoted "pre-e-e-e-achers" scratching each other's backs.  You can't really expect an intelligent, well-researched document from this type.  Just more of the "This is my opinion so this is right" rhetoric. 

Boomer said:
graceandtruth said:

Who was the Fledgling Fundamentalist? Maybe Matt Jerrell former Open Door pastor?

I am getting sick of these back scratching, pink tea and lemonade, fundamentalists patting each others butts!!!

Who is J.C., the author?

Anishinabe

graceandtruth said:
IFB X-Files said:
Boomer said:
graceandtruth said:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Fall-Fledgling-Fundamentalist-ebook/dp/B00BAY12GQ

Thanks IFB-X. 
There was one good thing about it.  It was short.  The one review on Amazon is point on.

I read enough in the introduction and first page to figure out what it's about. It is about how most people who call themselves "fundamentalists" are not "real fundamentalists". This is my point. There is nothing wrong with this method of writing but in "fundamentalism" it is usually the only kind. They look around and see someone who isn't dressed like they think he should dress, maybe he doesn't wear a tie to church, they get an idea, and find some verses and write a book. (or a sermon) When they talk about people being affected by culture, it seems that they are the ones affected because what they see in the culture motivates and drives everything they do.

Heard an interview with Billy Graham the other day from 1983. Someone asked him for advice for a new evangelist starting out. His advice is as follows.

1. Study the Word of God

2. Study the Word of God
3. Study the Word of God
He said the biggest mistake I have made with my life is trying to do everything people thought I should do. If I had to do it over again I would spend far less time preaching and speaking and far more time studying the Bible.

I couldn't help but notice that Cooper is into alliteration big time. Apart from the Fall of the Fledgling Fundamentalist, he has another book titled with three all iterated words.

What do you guys think about alliteration in sermons? Does it help or distract from the message?