Is OBC closed?

So WHBC should be allowed to lie, slander, (Caleb's momma you know what I'm talking about) but they cant have people talk about them?. Most on here Love the Lord but dont want them to be able to hurt any more people.

Saved by Grace said:
So WHBC should be allowed to lie, slander, (Caleb's momma you know what I'm talking about) but they cant have people talk about them?. Most on here Love the Lord but dont want them to be able to hurt any more people.

Hahahahahahaha . . .

. . . you must feel really big now for using names.  ;)

Anyway, to the point at hand . . . I have personally heard from staff, and the pulpit that we are to be kind to all that have left ... and ... an open door policy will remain for all that wish to return. We do not believe in burning bridges.

See, I know this because we are here and you are not.

:D

I know differently because I have heard directly from a few of them.

" you have left my church you have left my fellowship"
"they are leaving because they are backslidden and are not walking with the Lord"

"thats why when I see a current WHBC member/ staff out and about they turn and walk the other way as though as if I'm not there"

There is not much kind and courteous about that place when the rubber meets the road.
That's why when folks left a few years back the Pastor was calling people into his office asking what they heard and threatening them o keep their mouths shut.

Go ahead and defend the behavior. Ill check in every few days for a good laugh watching you defend it :)

Maybe you all could admit that God judged the church. They say "acceptance" is the first step to recovery

JustABigKid said:
Jehanne La Pucelle said:
Just me said:
Fine, call it open but many will call it glorious when it has 0 students to coerce, manipulate and destroy as it has over the years.  The great thing is that with the advent of modern day technology and social media the truth of that place called WHBC/OBC is out for all to see.  And the results are self evident in many ways.

So again I say it is DEAD!!!

Hahahahaha . . .

. . . people like my son Caleb and many others (on the mission field) are doing a fine work.

The legacy lives on ... and you can't kill that.

: - )

Jeahnne La Pucelle

I have a serious question for you. I would like an honest answer from you not just whatever the normal mantra is.

You say that the "Legacy lives on" by those that are doing works across the country. This may be the case and I am thankful for those who are preaching the Bible.

My question is this.. Why are those that are carrying on the "legacy" not sending their kids or students back to OBC for Bible College?

Jeahnne,

I think my question got lost so I am still waiting to hear an answer.

Jehanne La Pucelle said:
Anyway, to the point at hand . . . I have personally heard from staff, and the pulpit that we are to be kind to all that have left ... and ... an open door policy will remain for all that wish to return. We do not believe in burning bridges.

See, I know this because we are here and you are not.

:D

And I have personally seen the opposite in the High School, College, and Church. I have even personally experienced the exact opposite maybe not from all that are on staff but definitely certain key members.

Hearing from them and seeing it in action are two totally different things.

Jehanne La Pucelle said:
I have personally heard from staff, and the pulpit that we are to be kind to all that have left ... and ... an open door policy will remain for all that wish to return. We do not believe in burning bridges.
All I can say is . . .

. . . I am a witness. ;)

Jehanne La Pucelle said:
Jehanne La Pucelle said:
I have personally heard from staff and the pulpit that we are to be kind to all that have left ... and ... an open door policy will remain for all that wish to return. We do not believe in burning bridges.
All I can say is . . .

. . . I am a witness. ;)
And social media proves this because . . .

. . . we are all pretty much still intertwined.

:)

Jehanne La Pucelle said:
Hahahahaha . . .

. . . people like my son Caleb and many others (on the mission field) are doing a fine work.

The legacy lives on ... and you can't kill that.

: - )

You were the one who identified yourself as Caleb's mom not Saved by Grace

Jehanne La Pucelle said:
Walt said:
Jehanne La Pucelle said:
Saved by Grace said:
But you should know that just because they left WHBC doesnt mean they left the will of God. God is using many of them in far greater capacities than when they were at WHBC :)

The only reason I share that is because the WHBC faithful have been smearing those that left with malicious hateful rheteric and people need to know that there is 2 sides to every argument :)

. . . WHBC/OBC&I  folks should  have the highest work ethic. That is what they were trained to do! And ... would be expected to do great things.  ;)

Christians should have a high work ethic... but I take exception to the last bit; it is one of the great failings of the teachings of WHBC/OBC (not theirs exclusively, but we're talking about them). If your work is the will of God for you, then it's a great thing, even if the work is quite humble.  The pastor in God's will who preaches to hundreds of people and has great results every week is no greater than the janitor in God's will who empties the trash or the guy who mows the lawn in God's will... but there has been an very unfortunate snobbery about results: Great results are often taken to mean that 1-I must be in God's will, or else I wouldn't have great results  2-My ideas are validated because of my great results.  I was taught that we do our best and leave the results up to God.

. . . hahahahahahahahaha . . .

. . . and I can think of two graduates who are janitors, as you call them (I prefer to call these men a keeper of God's things) who work full time for the church, in this capacity ... anyway, these men have a very high work ethic and are doing great things ... the church is running highly efficient because of their very important work. I did not see one mention of numbers in my post . . . hahahahaha  ;)

So you didn't, but "great things" is usually code for big crowds and lots of "decisions"

There's a song from Kansas called "Mainstream" and Money Hungry Hillsong Band did their version of the song. It pretty much sums up the modern mainstream/megachurch movement in America while mainline denominations including IFB's are being left behind and losing members to the "mainstream" seeker sensitive megachurches. Tom Vineyard has had things to say about Craig Goreschel's megachurches but he's built a multi million dollar empire with satellite churches all over America and is drawing bigger crowds with Rock music, entertainment, and self help feel good seminars.  Jack Hyles saw the American church going in this direction so kudos to Caleb and Michael Shaver for staying loyal to the IFB movement while most OBC alums have gone "Mainstream".

AlvinMartinezVoice said:
There's a song from Kansas called "Mainstream" and Money Hungry Hillsong Band did their version of the song. It pretty much sums up the modern mainstream/megachurch movement in America while mainline denominations including IFB's are being left behind and losing members to the "mainstream" seeker sensitive megachurches. Tom Vineyard has had things to say about Craig Goreschel's megachurches but he's built a multi million dollar empire with satellite churches all over America and is drawing bigger crowds with Rock music, entertainment, and self help feel good seminars.  Jack Hyles saw the American church going in this direction so kudos to Caleb and Michael Shaver for staying loyal to the IFB movement while most OBC alums have gone "Mainstream".
Oh Alvin always good for a laugh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

TruthBearer said:
Caleb Garaway worshipped the ground Vineyard's walked on. I doubt that him getting away changed anything for him.

He worships the Vineyards just like he worships Jack Hyles and he's remained loyal to the IFB/WHBC movement while his colleagues have joined seeker sensitive churches.

I left late 90s. Never looked back. I feel sorry that I didn't get my degree, but don't need one for what I'm doing now. What I really feel bad is putting my wife and family thru the harsh judgments from other Christians that went to different  baptist colleges/churches. I'm sure it's only a number of months/year before they close the unstitute and move the church to a closed 7-11 store.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

fundysick said:
I left late 90s. Never looked back. I feel sorry that I didn't get my degree, but don't need one for what I'm doing now. What I really feel bad is putting my wife and family thru the harsh judgments from other Christians that went to different  baptist colleges/churches. I'm sure it's only a number of months/year before they close the unstitute and move the church to a closed 7-11 store.

Craig Groeschel may buy the property and put in another Life.Church. campus and maybe some of the remaining members can join up and get entertained by Groeschel and his seeker sensitive entertainment which has taken over Oklahoma.

AlvinMartinezVoice said:
fundysick said:

Craig Groeschel may buy the property and put in another Life.Church. campus and maybe some of the remaining members can join up and get entertained by Groeschel and his seeker sensitive entertainment which has taken over Oklahoma.

U 1v1 me too. Tired of u.

Could see Groeschel buying the property that way he'd have a Warr Acres campus 2.0 and the people in the neighborhood would go to that church with CCM & secular music and have their ears tickled and be entertained as opposed to Tom Vineyard's boring monotone style. Believe it or not Groeschel is more sound in doctrine than Vineyard.

Also Justin Geiss has remained loyal but left OBC and now works a "real" job as do the Magas brothers. They didn't join the Mainstream/Seeker Sensitive Crowd.