Joy Evans Ryder petition to roll back 5 year statue of limitations in Indiana

RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
16KJV11 said:
I was told by a very reliable source that Dr. Evans has very few speaking engagements these days. 
I guess Joy's message is getting out...

I believe that fact has more to do with his waning health, age, inability to travel and time removed from Jack Hyles than anything else.  The faithful HACkers would still have him if they could.

This would be the obvious reason.  He is getting up there in years.
Actually, it was Tom Williams who told me about Dr. Evans not having anywhere to preach.
He seemed to intimate that it wasn't b/c he didn't want to or couldn't preach on the road, it was more or less b/c nobody was asking him.

16KJV11 said:
Actually, it was Tom Williams who told me about Dr. Evans not having anywhere to preach.
He seemed to intimate that it wasn't b/c he didn't want to or couldn't preach on the road, it was more or less b/c nobody was asking him.

That could be.  I'm sure the Schaap situation didn't help anyone's speaking itinerary.  I still find it hard to believe that there are not a multitude of HAC graduates that would not want him to preach for them.  Of course (and I don't mean this in a mean way), Dr. Evans was never my favorite preacher.

RAIDER said:
16KJV11 said:

That could be.  I'm sure the Schaap situation didn't help anyone's speaking itinerary.  I still find it hard to believe that there are not a multitude of HAC graduates that would not want him to preach for them.  Of course (and I don't mean this in a mean way), Dr. Evans was never my favorite preacher.
How would you know? You fell asleep 10 minutes in to every sermon you heard.

Anishinaabe

16KJV11 said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
16KJV11 said:
I was told by a very reliable source that Dr. Evans has very few speaking engagements these days. 
I guess Joy's message is getting out...

I believe that fact has more to do with his waning health, age, inability to travel and time removed from Jack Hyles than anything else.  The faithful HACkers would still have him if they could.

This would be the obvious reason.  He is getting up there in years.

I mean no disrespect.  I think TW is a good evangelist and a man who really understands what prayer is.  However, he is only speaking from afar.  Dr. Evans does still travel some, but, to my knowledge, only to close friends.  His health is waning and he has become quite accustomed to FL weather.  Travel is quite difficult for him.

prophet said:
RAIDER said:
16KJV11 said:

Anishinaabe

Hey, you are incorrect!!  Whe Jorgenson or Mitchell spoke I was asleep within 5 minutes!

RAIDER said:
prophet said:
RAIDER said:
16KJV11 said:

Anishinaabe

Hey, you are incorrect!!  When Jorgenson or Mitchell spoke I was asleep within 5 minutes!

Two memories:

Evans used to like to tell the same joke about a guy falling in a well. I heard it a dozen times but I can't remember the details as it wasn't funny.

Jorgensen once taught in Church Ed on how to setup a family budget. He mentioned that it was his wife's birthday so he had to budget an extra $5 for her gift. Everyone laughed thinking he was joking. He wasn't. He got a big indignant and chastised those who overspend on such things.

Norefund said:
Jorgensen once taught in Church Ed on how to setup a family budget. He mentioned that it was his wife's birthday so he had to budget an extra $5 for her gift. Everyone laughed thinking he was joking. He wasn't. He got a big indignant and chastised those who overspend on such things.

When I was a junior Jorgensen started teaching a class called "Personal Finance".  It became a required class.  Luckily I had enough credits and did not have to take the class.  The stories of boredom were legendary.

My husband graduated and walked still needing personal finance. He had promised to finish the class. Well I still had one year left, so I attended college, but he worked two jobs and was gone all day except Sat and Sun. Long story why we moved after I graduated, but we moved to Florida and he had to go back to HAC for one week to have personal class time with Jorgensen and that fulfilled his personal finance credit!!!

I remember taking that class during my Freshman class, easy class! Taught simple basic stuff!

Someone please reiterate the following:
Is it plain fact or conjecture that Dr. Evans knew of molestation of his daughter by Dave Hyles?

16KJV11 said:
Is it plain fact or conjecture that Dr. Evans knew of molestation of his daughter by Dave Hyles?

From what I take it's all a "he said/she said" situation.  While Joy is coming out with this, has she ever said that her father knew? 

16KJV11 said:

Nothing on the forum can be taken as absolute fact.  After all, it is the internet.  Bonjour!

Norefund said:
RAIDER said:
prophet said:
RAIDER said:
16KJV11 said:

Anishinaabe

Hey, you are incorrect!!  When Jorgenson or Mitchell spoke I was asleep within 5 minutes!

Two memories:

Evans used to like to tell the same joke about a guy falling in a well. I heard it a dozen times but I can't remember the details as it wasn't funny.

This must have been before my time and before much inflation was taking place. When I took his class he talked about budgeting an extra $10.00 apiece for Christmas gifts for his wife and kids. So she got a 100% raise between your time there and my time there. ;)

Binaca Chugger said:
Any update on the progress of the law?

It was a short session this year (Both houses dismissed in mid-march), all the politicians are enjoying their spring/summer/winter vacation.

Maybe 2015....

qwerty said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Any update on the progress of the law?

It was a short session this year (Both houses dismissed in mid-march), all the politicians are enjoying their spring/summer/winter vacation.

Maybe 2015....

And the excuse in odd numbered years in Indiana is, "It's a budget year." If somebody who's important doesn't want to address the issue at hand -whatever it is -- there is an excuse, whatever year it is.... "Short session" or "Budget Year"
Persistance is a must!

For those of you who don't believe Dr. Evans knew - google it.  You'll get first hand accounts from those who were there.  Or go to the way back machine from this forum.  Why you can't believe he knew is beyond me.  They all knew what was happening and ignored it for the sake of the ministry they said but it was really to save their own hides and reputations.  Dave Hyles will escape rape bec of the SOL but there is no SOL on murder.

genjulie said:
For those of you who don't believe Dr. Evans knew - google it.  You'll get first hand accounts from those who were there.  Or go to the way back machine from this forum.  Why you can't believe he knew is beyond me.  They all knew what was happening and ignored it for the sake of the ministry they said but it was really to save their own hides and reputations.  Dave Hyles will escape rape bec of the SOL but there is no SOL on murder.

Since Joy is coming out with the story we would like to hear her say that her father knew.  This would remove doubt with most of us.

RAIDER said:
genjulie said:

Since Joy is coming out with the story we would like to hear her say that her father knew.  This would remove doubt with most of us.

We would like to hear it, but she may not share it.  It is her story, and it is difficult for people who have gone through abuse to be public about the issue.  Yes, we would like confirmation that our hero willingly sold out his family for his ministry.  However, we must be considerate of her needs to only share what she desires to share.  I think we can appreciate her willingness and bravery to share her story in efforts to pass a law that will protect other girls.

Whether or not Dr. Evans knew, really doesn't matter to us today.  We can still take away the truth that he did put ministry ahead of family, and both his daughter, his ministry and his testimony has suffered for such idolatry.  To my fundamentalist brethren and sistren who read the internet, please don't fall into the same trap.  Run away from the "Hide the sin to protect the ministry" mentality.  Run away from the "Dedication to ministry duty will cause my family to flourish" heresy of the IFB movement.

Personally, I think it would be good for all of those involved in church cover ups to confess, apologize, repent and seek restoration.  But, they won't.  So, we must let them die with the dread of discovery always looming.  If only they were to realize that Christ has real peace for them, if they were to follow His pattern.

Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
genjulie said:

We would like to hear it, but she may not share it.  It is her story, and it is difficult for people who have gone through abuse to be public about the issue.  Yes, we would like confirmation that our hero willingly sold out his family for his ministry.  However, we must be considerate of her needs to only share what she desires to share.  I think we can appreciate her willingness and bravery to share her story in efforts to pass a law that will protect other girls.

Whether or not Dr. Evans knew, really doesn't matter to us today.  We can still take away the truth that he did put ministry ahead of family, and both his daughter, his ministry and his testimony has suffered for such idolatry.  To my fundamentalist brethren and sistren who read the internet, please don't fall into the same trap.  Run away from the "Hide the sin to protect the ministry" mentality.  Run away from the "Dedication to ministry duty will cause my family to flourish" heresy of the IFB movement.

Personally, I think it would be good for all of those involved in church cover ups to confess, apologize, repent and seek restoration.  But, they won't.  So, we must let them die with the dread of discovery always looming.  If only they were to realize that Christ has real peace for them, if they were to follow His pattern.

I hear you.  My thinking may be off, but I figure if you are going to come out in the open with something that happened 30+ years ago, that you would go ahead and tell the complete story without continuing to "hide" the facts.

Perhaps, as commanded, she is honoring her father by not speaking publically against him even if she has cause.

*edited for stupid typos