More proof...liberalism is idiotic*!

Smellin Coffee said:
Conservatives believe God is punishing California with a drought because of abortion:

While I would hesitate to dogmatize on what God may or may not be punishing California for, do you happen to know for a fact that he isn't?

Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Conservatives believe God is punishing California with a drought because of abortion:

While I would hesitate to dogmatize on what God may or may not be punishing California for, do you happen to know for a fact that he isn't?

No, I can't prove otherwise. But there is no way to nail it down to a single cause either. What about the state's promotion of homosexuality, materialism, racism, etc.? To narrow it down to abortion alone (and that IS horrendous) is just plain silly, particularly in representing a political agenda.

Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:

He's mad at em' for messin' with the water supplies.

subllibrm said:
Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:

He's mad at em' for messin' with the water supplies.

Well, my yard is completely dried out and desperate for water, so I guess that is an outward sign from God I am an inward abortion proponent but haven't realized it yet.

Making a direct connection between misfortune and God's displeasure is a major theme in the oldest book in the Bible, Job. It is also very frequently addressed throughout old an nevest testament, This is the inverse proposition of the disgusting "prosperity gospel" pushed by the majority of television "evangelists."

I concur with my brother above. I am not going to say the California drought, or any other such disaster is or is not tied to specific moral actions of a people. We do assert that every thing that occurs is under the control of God. We further assert that some things He does directly, whereas others He permits ot occur. In a general sense, every misfortune of the natural world relates back to Adam disobeying God in the garden (please note: Eve did NOT disobey, despite popular belief based on a shallow reading, as Paul says, it is because of ADAM and NOT Eve that sin entered the world).

JR

White people having white children is bad. Especially other white people.

Ari Michael said:
There was a time in my 20s when everything I learned about the history of racism made me hate myself, my Whiteness, my ancestors . . . and my descendants. I remember deciding that I couldn't have biological children because I didn't want to propagate my privilege biologically.

If I was going to pass on my privilege, I wanted to pass it on to someone who doesn't have racial privilege; so I planned to adopt. I disliked my Whiteness, but I disliked the Whiteness of other White people more. I felt like the way to really end racism was to feel guilty for it, and to make other White people feel guilty for it too.

Link

Ransom said:
White people having white children is bad. Especially other white people.

Ari Michael said:
There was a time in my 20s when everything I learned about the history of racism made me hate myself, my Whiteness, my ancestors . . . and my descendants. I remember deciding that I couldn't have biological children because I didn't want to propagate my privilege biologically.

If I was going to pass on my privilege, I wanted to pass it on to someone who doesn't have racial privilege; so I planned to adopt. I disliked my Whiteness, but I disliked the Whiteness of other White people more. I felt like the way to really end racism was to feel guilty for it, and to make other White people feel guilty for it too.

Link

You can't make this idiocy up....and these examples, for the most part, are liberal idiots who are in positions of leadership....able to influence others. Not just some random redneck!

The best explanation of why liberals have such dysfunctional thinking is that they do not lead with their minds, but their emotions. You hear it all the time in the pop media, ignore what you think and "follow your heart".

There are various quotes out there that exemplify this:
"Give a person a fish and you feed him one day. Teach a person to fish and you feed him a lifetime."

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” is a quote falsely attributed to Churchill.

It irritates me to hear people ask "how do you feel about this?" when what they clearly ought ask is "what do you think about this?"

"When a conservative sees a problem, he tries to think of the cause(s) and come up with a reasonable plan to fix the problem. Then he engages his emotions to help do the work needed. A liberal feels there is a problem and comes up with an emotional response. She then thinks about how to implement that solution by demanding others feel about it the same way." Yes, I am specifically using gender language here. There are plenty of exceptions, but they only prove the rule. That is one reason men are to lead and women help.

Just to prove the rule by Ann exception, read Ann Coulter.

I can do better than that. When WOMEN got the right to vote is when it all went downhill. Because that’s when votes started being cast with emotion and uh, maternal instincts that government ought to reflect…
Rush Limbaugh, in response to a caller who said that young people voting was a problem

Looks like liberal may not be the only ones who are idiotic

LongGone said:
I can do better than that. When WOMEN got the right to vote is when it all went downhill. Because that’s when votes started being cast with emotion and uh, maternal instincts that government ought to reflect…
Rush Limbaugh, in response to a caller who said that young people voting was a problem

Are you sure that was his point?  I recall Rush saying we should blame millions of deaths on the Indians because they taught us how to smoke.  If I just stopped there with that quote, that would be awful, of course.  But he was using hyperbole to make a point about how stupid it is to absolve yourself of personal responsibility by shifting blame to some historical issue (like blaming black poverty on slavery). 

LongGone said:

Maybe they aren't but your Rush quote out of context doesn't prove it...in fact it helps to further illustrate my point! Try Barack the magic negro in your next 'proof text'...:)

The Rogue Tomato said:
LongGone said:

Are you sure that was his point?  I recall Rush saying we should blame millions of deaths on the Indians because they taught us how to smoke.  If I just stopped there with that quote, that would be awful, of course.  But he was using hyperbole to make a point about how stupid it is to absolve yourself of personal responsibility by shifting blame to some historical issue (like blaming black poverty on slavery).

People who don't actually listen to Rush often make goners mistake.

Long gone what do you think came first liberalism or insanity?  :)