More proof...liberalism is idiotic*!

LongGone said:
"When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh shut up' I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining." ~ Glenn Beck

Conservatives say idiotic things.

That's totally out of context.  You may not like what he said, but at least provide the context.

! No longer available

Tarheel: As to me listing links to 'random liberals' and not liberals who lead or have positions of influence, I would respectfully disagree with you...fortunately all one has to do is click the links and decide for him or her self!

Longgone:
So you actually heard of the great leader Melissa Mark-Viverito before your read the article on peeing in the street?

Again, you dodge and weave...the point of the article is the idiocy of the liberal leadership in NY.
But, of course, you already knew that!

LongGone said:
"When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh shut up' I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining." ~ Glenn Beck

Please.
The Tomato has already pointed out the fallacy of your out of context quote...yet again!
With friends like you and Smellin liberals practicing idiocy don't need enemies.

"The fact that you post random out of context quotes don't illustrate your point.  It would appear that you do not have the ability to participate in the real debate of ideas so you pull random out of context quotes to say conservatives are idiotic. A person can have radically different ideas than yours and be intelligent. I'm not sure that you have a point...you're certainly not proving one...."  ;)

subllibrm said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

If a conservation officer sees you pee in the woods in Michigan you will be put on the sex offender list for life.
Exactly, if....he sees your exposed anatomy...
I don't like the rule, I mean, yes the forest is public property, but, really??? Pissing???

But I'll take that over French chicks with hairy armpits squatting over the sewer grates at the edge of the sidewalk.  Ewww. I just grossed my self out!

Haklo

Tarheel Baptist said:
Tarheel: As to me listing links to 'random liberals' and not liberals who lead or have positions of influence, I would respectfully disagree with you...fortunately all one has to do is click the links and decide for him or her self!

Longgone:
So you actually heard of the great leader Melissa Mark-Viverito before your read the article on peeing in the street?

Again, you dodge and weave...the point of the article is the idiocy of the liberal leadership in NY.
But, of course, you already knew that!

You dodge and weave. The point is that the view of a city counsel person in NYC has no bearing on you or me. How do you know that Mark-Viverito is a liberal? If you researched the background of the issue there is good reason to change the offense from a misdemeanor to a summary offense. It is neither a liberal or conservative idea. 

Tarheel Baptist said:
LongGone said:

Please.
The Tomato has already pointed out the fallacy of your out of context quote...yet again!
With friends like you and Smellin liberals practicing idiocy don't need enemies.

"The fact that you post random out of context quotes don't illustrate your point.  It would appear that you do not have the ability to participate in the real debate of ideas so you pull random out of context quotes to say conservatives are idiotic. A person can have radically different ideas than yours and be intelligent. I'm not sure that you have a point...you're certainly not proving one...."  ;)

It is so interesting that you are so on me about taking things out of context. A little research into the NYC peeing story would should that the reason this is being considered is that most people being charged with this misdemeanor  could not find a rest room and had never had more than a parking ticket. This really is not a conservative/liberal issue.

The point is liberals are no more idiotic than conservatives. You can disagree but that doesn't make them idiotic. Not sure why that is hard to understand unless you are an idiot ;)

Socrates trained Plato in on a rock and then Plato trained in Aristotle roughly speaking on a rock. So, huge funding is not necessary to achieve the greatest minds and the greatest intellects in history.  Statement from Dave Brat of Virginia providing more proof that conservatives say idiotic things

Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Conservatives believe God is punishing California with a drought because of abortion:

While I would hesitate to dogmatize on what God may or may not be punishing California for, do you happen to know for a fact that he isn't?

"I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord, do all these things"

Oh wait, excuse me. My bad. These aren't the Words of Jesus.

Bob H said:
Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Conservatives believe God is punishing California with a drought because of abortion:

While I would hesitate to dogmatize on what God may or may not be punishing California for, do you happen to know for a fact that he isn't?

"I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord, do all these things"

Hey they're okay...there would only be a problem if they were the words of Paul.  8) ;)

Bob H said:
Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Though I understand the sarcasm (and am fine with it - because it isn't true), that verse says nothing about the reason God sent the drought on California. The issue isn't that the drought is of God but rather identifying a singular, particular sin for which God is causing it.

T-Bone said:
Bob H said:
Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Hey there okay...they would only be a problem if they were the words of Paul.  8) ;)

Maybe, maybe not. Either way, both Isaiah and Paul would run through the grid of Jesus' teachings in my hermeneutic. Some of Paul's stuff stands the test and some doesn't. ;)

[quote author=Smellin Coffee]Maybe, maybe not. Either way, both Isaiah and Paul would run through the grid of Jesus' teachings in my hermeneutic. Some of Paul's stuff stands the test and some doesn't. ;)[/quote]

They would run through Matthew's, Mark's, Luke's, and John's teachings about the teachings of Jesus. ;) With your approach, you should be able to pick and choose which of these parts you like as well. :)

Smellin Coffee said:
T-Bone said:
Bob H said:
Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Hey there okay...they would only be a problem if they were the words of Paul.  8) ;)

Maybe, maybe not. Either way, both Isaiah and Paul would run through the grid of Jesus' teachings in my hermeneutic. Some of Paul's stuff stands the test and some doesn't. ;)

Been here long enough to know that...also been here long enough to know that while I completely disagree with you on this...you can take the dig! ;)

rsc2a said:
[quote author=Smellin Coffee]Maybe, maybe not. Either way, both Isaiah and Paul would run through the grid of Jesus' teachings in my hermeneutic. Some of Paul's stuff stands the test and some doesn't. ;)

They would run through Matthew's, Mark's, Luke's, and John's teachings about the teachings of Jesus. ;) With your approach, you should be able to pick and choose which of these parts you like as well. :)
[/quote]

The basis of every hermeneutic is that of faith in a particular set of tenets. Some hold the 66-book canon (most of the people on this forum, for example). Others would include Apocryphal writing. Others would deem only the Torah and portions of the OT that correspond.

Yes, I choose by faith to believe the Gospels' recorded words of Christ whereas you choose by faith to include the 66-book canon. The basis of both views is that of which/how much text in which to place one's faith.

rsc2a said:
[quote author=Smellin Coffee]Maybe, maybe not. Either way, both Isaiah and Paul would run through the grid of Jesus' teachings in my hermeneutic. Some of Paul's stuff stands the test and some doesn't. ;)

[/quote]

It's called Neo-Orthodoxy. Barth & Bonhoeffer would be proud.

LongGone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
LongGone said:

Please.

It is so interesting that you are so on me about taking things out of context. A little research into the NYC peeing story would should that the reason this is being considered is that most people being charged with this misdemeanor  could not find a rest room and had never had more than a parking ticket. This really is not a conservative/liberal issue.

The point is liberals are no more idiotic than conservatives. You can disagree but that doesn't make them idiotic. Not sure why that is hard to understand unless you are an idiot ;)

Why don't you read the article referenced. The point/context of the article  is that NY Post is taking the liberal mayors administration to task over idiotic/liberal (redundant) policy.
That liberal policy is idiotic isn't hard to see and understand unless you are a liberal or idiotic...that's redundant, but you know what I mean!

Thanks for playing.... ;)

So still not interested in the words of Jesus?

I'm interested. As a "pastor", how would you counsel someone who repeatedly and knowing ignored the direct commands of Jesus?

[quote author=Smellin Coffee]Yes, I choose by faith to believe the Gospels' recorded words of Christ whereas you choose by faith to include the 66-book canon. The basis of both views is that of which/how much text in which to place one's faith.[/quote]

That's a pretty bad definition of faith. ;)

The Rogue Tomato said:
LongGone said:

That's totally out of context.  You may not like what he said, but at least provide the context.

! No longer available

So the context demonstrates that conservative say idiotic things ;)