PCC Cancels Singers Appearance Because One Is Gay

It means I’m old enough to be your dad. Don’t act like a prude.
Well, you could have put it that way. If being gracious makes me a prude, then that's a cross I'll gladly bear.

It wasn’t X rated. Geez dude. Have fun bearing your cross.
i agree with abcaines..... speaking as a friend here - your comment came off as unnecessarily crude and distasteful ..... saying you are old enough to be someones father is one thing.... . but putting it the way you did leaves people looking for the brain bleach to wash it from their minds.....

but you don;t have to accept what i say...... just evaluate that comment in light of the quote you have posted in your very own signature line.....
" Don't let anyone walk through your mind with dirty feet." — Coach Dabo Swinney ... .... would your comment measure up to that standard?......

Last edited:
but you don;t have to accept what i say...... just evaluate that comment in light of the quote you have posted in your very own signature line....." Don't let anyone walk through your mind with dirty feet." — Coach Dabo Swinney ... .... would your comment measure up to that standard?
You make a good point there. It probably was unnecessary.

ok, opinions are still free in America, for now, thanks for yours.
No problem. That wasn’t my opinion though, that’s my experience. All of my pastors attended a Christian college and seminary. That’s one reason I wouldn’t dream of becoming a pastor, because like it or not, that secular schooling is buried in my brain and tends to flash itself at times. 😉

You make a good point there. It probably was unnecessary.
thank you...

and .... if i might be allowed to go further with this.... can you step back and rethink your position from the PCC point of view?..... .. s christian college like PCC is in business for the purpose of teaching and molding young people into effective servants of God....

allowing someone who everyone knows is openly gay... unrepentant... and who is living a lifestyle that is in open rebellion to God... to stand in front of students and sing....even if it;s a secular performance.... could.. and would.. be taken as the schools endorsement of that persons lifestyle....

and by the students knowing what this persons lifestyle is all about - it;s another equivalent of allowing someone to walk through their mind with dirty feet..... ..

just something to consider....

thank you...

and .... if i might be allowed to go further with this.... can you step back and rethink your position from the PCC point of view?..... .. s christian college like PCC is in business for the purpose of teaching and molding young people into effective servants of God....

allowing someone who everyone knows is openly gay... unrepentant... and who is living a lifestyle that is in open rebellion to God... to stand in front of students and sing....even if it;s a secular performance.... could.. and would.. be taken as the schools endorsement of that persons lifestyle....

and by the students knowing what this persons lifestyle is all about - it;s another equivalent of allowing someone to walk through their mind with dirty feet..... ..

just something to consider....
I don’t disagree with you. Perhaps it’s the way PCC handled the situation that I don’t agree with.

Well, thanks, guys, now we're stuck with them.

The very day that this thread posted to the forum I noticed that they were going to be in Ottawa and started to make a gay joke toward you, but I had already cashed in one too many times on that that joke at your expense 😁

I just happen to think if a Christian college knowingly invites a non-Christian group to perform (whether it is an a cappella group, a jazz band, the Harlem Globetrotters, a traveling circus, etc.), then the expectation should be that you accept there will be performers within the group who do not reflect the school’s institutional values. To expect otherwise is just absurd and unrealistic.

Well, yes, but there is a HUGE difference between, say, not going to church, and having a pedophile in the group. I don't expect a non-Christian group to have the same standards, but I don't expect them to be doing anything openly that God calls an abomination.

One is legal, the other not.

Ah, but just because something is legal doesn't mean that it is in accordance with God's word... or do you maintain that anything that is legal is acceptable to God?

It wasn’t X rated. Geez dude. Have fun bearing your cross.

I don't understand why you don't just apologize - it was thoughtless and rude... and your response: "It could have been worse."... well, sure, but it was still rude.

I don't understand why you don't just apologize - it was thoughtless and rude... and your response: "It could have been worse."... well, sure, but it was still rude.
Enough of the feigned-outrage game. If he’s offended, I’ll apologize, but I don’t owe you one. Find a hobby other than looking for offense in trivial PG-rated expressions.