The Hacker Dictionary Word of the Day!

fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:
Word of the Day - July 23, 2014

Health and Safety Class
I believer this was basically a 1 semester course that taught how to drive a bus.
Ding ding ding ! We have a winner!

RAIDER said:
RAIDER said:

Health and Safety Class

A class at HAC started in the early '80s.  It was originally taught by Bruce Johnson (who was a nice guy).  It majored on driving a bus as well as taking care of your personal vehicle mechanically.  I have no idea why they put the word "Health" in the title.

I think there may have been separate classes for males and females.  We female students were supposed to take it too, but ours didn't cover driving buses.  We did get to watch some the movies of actual accidents - blood, gore, and all. 

Word of the Day - July 31, 2014

Mrs. Bartell

RAIDER said:

Mrs. Bartell
Was that the lady who JH had move into the church prophets chamber & who was his prayer warrior? if not who was that lady?

RAIDER said:

Mrs. Bartell

Mrs. Bartell was a Godly elderly lady who lived on the church property.  She would pray for hours for Dr. Hyles and FBCH. 

Good job, fish!!

Bobby Ross said:
Tennessean said:
Tom Brennan said:
RAIDER said:

Health and Safety Class

I have two more words for you... Even more awful. What a total and colossal waste of my time. Makes me mad even now, 20 years later, thinking about it.

Bro. Tom,

Maybe I just missed it but what were the 2 words you wanted to add?  :D

lol - I was trying to figure those 2 out as well.  :)

Aw---Rats, we had to take that stupid class?
Ful---I am ful of rage because I had to take that stupid class?

Word of the Day - August 6, 2014

Hammond Civic Center

RAIDER said:

Hammond Civic Center

Curiously enough, I was just in that building a few weeks ago for a taekwondo tournemant. My son fought, not me. Anyway, it brought back a lot of memories of Pastors' Schools and Big Days. But beyond that, the little neighborhood it is in was actually the area I worked for Bible Clubs for two years. I walked those blocks around the Civic Center, between the church and Rally's, for hours each Saturday. I knew well two dozen teenagers on those streets. It took me back...

Say what you will (and I have) about our alma mater, they lead us to serve the Lord by pouring our lives into people. I'm glad I did.

Tom Brennan said:
RAIDER said:

Hammond Civic Center

Curiously enough, I was just in that building a few weeks ago for a taekwondo tournemant. My son fought, not me. Anyway, it brought back a lot of memories of Pastors' Schools and Big Days. But beyond that, the little neighborhood it is in was actually the area I worked for Bible Clubs for two years. I walked those blocks around the Civic Center, between the church and Rally's, for hours each Saturday. I knew well two dozen teenagers on those streets. It took me back...

Say what you will (and I have) about our alma mater, they lead us to serve the Lord by pouring our lives into people. I'm glad I did.

I can remember watching "A Church With a Heart" at the Civic Center.  Wouldn't want to do it again. 

RAIDER said:

Hammond Civic Center

1981 - I forget the exact personalities of the preacher and the singer, but Mrs. Rice said something like it was great to hear Ray Hart sing, B. R. Lakin preach, and Bro. Hyles give the announcements.

RAIDER said:

Hammond Civic Center

Was working at Bob Evans, Hammond (RIP) and two wrestlers were eating there and needed directions to the Hammond Civic Center. Was glad to oblige being a recovering hACker and knowing all about the HCC. Told them to turn here there and the other, then a left on SOHL (pronounced soul) Street. They got a kick out of that.

RAIDER said:
Tom Brennan said:
RAIDER said:

Hammond Civic Center

I can remember watching "A Church With a Heart" at the Civic Center.  Wouldn't want to do it again.
Were you there the year they had the mock-up School Bus?  Maybe 92?
They kept parading the bus kids through.

Baptist City Holdout said:
RAIDER said:

Hammond Civic Center

Was working at Bob Evans, Hammond (RIP) and two wrestlers were eating there and needed directions to the Hammond Civic Center. Was glad to oblige being a recovering hACker and knowing all about the HCC. Told them to turn here there and the other, then a left on SOHL (pronounced soul) Street. They got a kick out of that.
There was a fake WWF , with a rip -off of every one of the famous wrestlers, that performed there.

My favorite was Ali-Haji- Sheik

Who did some plagurization of the Iron Sheik's Camel Clutch.

Cant get that time back, or unsee those men in gay outfits!

RAIDER said:
RAIDER said:

Mrs. Bartell

Mrs. Bartell was a Godly elderly lady who lived on the church property.  She would pray for hours for Dr. Hyles and FBCH. 

Good job, fish!!
Ruth Bartell.  Her husband was a pastor somewhere, and when he died, she moved to Hammond to pray for Bro.Hyles.

I remember when she died, he said that he could feel the loss of that prayer warrior, the power of God diminished in his life.

Word of the Day - August 14, 2014

South Hallway Desk

RAIDER said:

South Hallway Desk

Where I was introduced to the gal who would become my wife.

RAIDER said:

South Hallway Desk
The one place you had better remember to visit.

Many a semester was lost or survived over how this piece of furniture was treated.