The Hacker Dictionary Word of the Day!

Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Word of the Day - August 14, 2014

South Hallway Desk

Where we reported to God just how badly He needs us.
Lotta lyin went on there.

Word of the Day - August 20, 2014

Miller Road Baptist Church

RAIDER said:
Word of the Day - August 20, 2014

Miller Road Baptist Church
A church that went through good days under Jackie-boy & it's evil days under Davey-boy.

Miller Road brought tears to my eyes...........there are people who will never walk in a church again......

Sherryh said:
Miller Road brought tears to my eyes...........there are people who will never walk in a church again......

I wonder what this church is like today?

Word of the Day - August 21, 2014

Grange Hall Baptist Church

RAIDER said:

The second church Bro. Hyles pastored in Marshall, TX. In the mid 1990's at the urging of Tom Neal & Bob Gray the building was purchased, dismantled and reconstructed on the Hyles Andetson campus, so it could be kept up. Today the building is in a sad state. It needs exterior work and outside repair.

It would be a good thing if concerned alumni would undertake to fund its repair. The college has no money to do so and now that Dr. Hyles is dead I doubt Mr. Gray and Mr. Neal would do anything to support its upkeep.

Tennessean said:
RAIDER said:

The second church Bro. Hyles pastored in Marshall, TX. In the mid 1990's at the urging of Tom Neal & Bob Gray the building was purchased, dismantled and reconstructed on the Hyles Andetson campus, so it could be kept up. Today the building is in a sad state. It needs exterior work and outside repair.

It would be a good thing if concerned alumni would undertake to fund its repair. The college has no money to do so and now that Dr. Hyles is dead I doubt Mr. Gray and Mr. Neal would do anything to support its upkeep.

What a job it must have been moving that from Texas!  It is sad to hear that it is in bad shape.  Surely it wouldn't cost much to repair it. 

I have attached a video of the Hyles' wedding anniversary where they renewed their vows in the Grange Hall Baptist Church building on the HAC property.  Forward the video to the 9:20 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfx62vgREXc 

RAIDER said:
Tennessean said:
RAIDER said:

What a job it must have been moving that from Texas!  It is sad to hear that it is in bad shape.  Surely it wouldn't cost much to repair it. 

I have attached a video of the Hyles' wedding anniversary where they renewed their vows in the Grange Hall Baptist Church building on the HAC property.  Forward the video to the 9:20 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfx62vgREXc

WOW!! Just a stroll down Memory Lane, seeing the people as they made their way to the front.

Tennessean said:
RAIDER said:

Mr. Gray and Mr. Neal would do a lot. They would preach about and lambast and chastise those cheap church members and college students for not keeping Dr. Hyles church in top shape! They themselves would do nothing.

RAIDER said:

The period of Bro. Hyles' life that he relished most.  Back when he was really a pastor and not a figurehead. 

RAIDER said:

Yet another example of political posturing among the upper echelon HACkers.

BALAAM said:
Tennessean said:
RAIDER said:

Mr. Gray and Mr. Neal would do a lot. They would preach about and lambast and chastise those cheap church members and college students for not keeping Dr. Hyles church in top shape! They themselves would do nothing.
Xactly!

Then off to print the monthly trumpet, blowing about their alms deeds.

RAIDER said:

My free pass out of class for about 6 weeks.

They kept announcing rules about who could work what and when.

I just wandered out there when I woke up, and wandered in when I had to go to my job.

Lost that semester.

Didn't care.

Really enjoyed the project.

Word of the Day - August 27, 2014

"Rip your face off!"

Tom Brennan said:
RAIDER said:

"Rip your face off!"

Without this, it just ain't preachin'!

Of course, there is its close brother, "Preacher, rip my face off!!"

RAIDER said:

"Rip your face off!"
I will oppose you, in my flesh, and tell you it is the spirit , if you dont act like I want you to.

RAIDER said:

"Rip your face off!"

Some of the most humorous posts.  A great reason to join the forum.  You can continue your HACkerness here!

Stop being a hypocrite! Get real! Take off your mask and let us see you as God sees you!

Yes, ripping off your face can be very painful. That's why we don't do it very often.