The Hacker Dictionary Word of the Day!

RAIDER said:
Tennessean said:
"The Pastor's Study," radio broadcast.

Hey, you are not licensed to post a word of the day.  You are to blindly follow.  Here, let me make it official.  :)

I repent in dust and ashes. I will turn myself in.

Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Word of the Day - September 15, 2014

The Pastor's Study

Background noise during fruit break.  :D
One teacher in 2nd or 3rd, would turn off the lights and have us put our heads down during the broadcast.
I always listened.
I enjoyed it.
I didn't realize til later that we were North Korean P.O.W.s

Word of the Day - October 1, 2014

The Scofield Reference Bible

RAIDER said:

'I have 17, no, 22 Scofield Reference Bibles in my office, but Mr. Scofield was wrong when he said the church started in Acts 2. Bless your pea pickin' heart, you wouldn't believe that if you didn't have Scofield's notes and Larkin's charts.'

...I could not resist. And, yes, I still use a Scofield every day of my life, but I only have four in my office.  :D

Tom Brennan said:
RAIDER said:

'I have 17, no, 22 Scofield Reference Bibles in my office, but Mr. Scofield was wrong when he said the church started in Acts 2. Bless your pea pickin' heart, you wouldn't believe that if you didn't have Scofield's notes and Larkin's charts.'

Made me laugh. Pulled that one off the memory wagon!

...I could not resist. And, yes, I still use a Scofield every day of my life, but I only have four in my office.  :D

I'm in trouble my Bible is a Scofield........... does that mean I could lose my religion  ;)

Sherryh said:
I'm in trouble my Bible is a Scofield........... does that mean I could lose my religion  ;)

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Scofield's notes and references
I dare not trust the RSV
For it will only mislead me.

I know I can trust Scofield's name
I do not need the Thompson Chain
I do not need the Thompson Chain.

Vince Massi said:
Sherryh said:

I dare not trust the RSV

Dr. Jorgenson, is that you? ???

16KJV11 said:
Vince Massi said:
Sherryh said:

I dare not trust the RSV

Hey, 16KJV11, you stinkin slacker!! Your posting numbers have been down, brother.

16KJV11 said:
Vince Massi said:
Sherryh said:

I dare not trust the RSV

Well, has he been dropped kicked through the goalposts of life? :D

RAIDER said:
16KJV11 said:
Vince Massi said:
Sherryh said:

I dare not trust the RSV

Hey, 16KJV11, you stinkin slacker!! Your posting numbers have been down, brother.
I'm backsliden and must perform penance.

Heard this term today.

Rogue Hacker

A Hyles Anderson College student who breaks the rules of the college but reasons it's ok to do so because he's accomplishing something good.

This picture of George Washington

A piece of paper held up by John Francis in "B" Junior church every Sunday that Ray Young promised to the best boy who was sitting up straight like a soldier and the girl who was sitting pretty like a princess.

Tennessean said:
This picture of George Washington

A piece of paper held up by John Francis in "B" Junior church every Sunday that Ray Young promised to the best boy who was sitting up straight like a soldier and the girl who was sitting pretty like a princess.
Def. a viable entree.

It made an appearance in many S.S. classrooms, and on busses, where they Captain preached on the way in.

I have still not completed my Hacker education.

If Professor Raider was not such a” little namby-pamby, pussy-foot, knit picking, back scratching, penny pinching, nickel licking, soft soaping, pink lemonade and tea drinking professor he would have finished what he started.

I need to finish my learning so I will post some words that have not come up yet.

PHOOEY

I remember JH preaching along about whatever he disagreed with and saying, "Ah phooey on that!"

I picked up on that word & after all these years still still use it.