The Hacker Thread about Absolutely Nothing Particular!

fishinnut said:
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Join the Marine Corps,
You'll love it too.

#happyvalentinesdaytoeveryone
Roses are red,
Violets are blue...
Sass the DI...
And you will be too!

16KJV11 said:
fishinnut said:
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Join the Marine Corps,
You'll love it too.

#happyvalentinesdaytoeveryone
Roses are red,
Violets are blue...
Sass the DI...
And you will be too!
Very good.........but I guess, " black & blue" doesn't rhyme.

fishinnut said:
Hey...........Patriotic is back.

Our prayer meetings here in the ward must be working.

I recently talked with a man in his mid 50's who was the son of a preacher who had never gone fishing.  Th dad fell to immorality............the saved son struggled for years afterwards........after his dad died he then started  walking with the Lord. How much better it would have been to take time to take his kids fishing than building a ministry & then chasing after what something he had no business spending time doing.

fishinnut said:
I recently talked with a man in his mid 50's who was the son of a preacher who had never gone fishing.  Th dad fell to immorality............the saved son struggled for years afterwards........after his dad died he then started  walking with the Lord. How much better it would have been to take time to take his kids fishing than building a ministry & then chasing after what something he had no business spending time doing.

Fish Lives Matter.

Today a couple of names from the mid-eighties popped into my mind from a church where I served . One of  the men, a mechanic who I hired as our bus machanic had been won to Christ through our church ministries. This guy was a former Golden Gloves boxer it would grown up in the same town all of his life still lives there today, asked me to teach him how to win someone to Christ.

On weekday afternoon we just started going door-to-door, it was very cold & up north. A babysitter came to the door and said we could find the homeowner in the backyard. We went back there found three brothers pulling and replacing a motor in one of their vehicles . I started talking to the one brother who wasn't under the car but who did not look at me . His eyes stayed on the other guy I had brought along . He called his name and said," I know who you are. We grew up in the same school grade & you beat the stew out of me many times as a kid on the way to school."

My friend apologized & explained that he had given his life to Jesus . I tried to witness but he said,  this isn't a good time we've got to get this engine pulled. He said besides if God can change his life & take him to heaven, maybe I'd like to hear more about it & I'd like for my wife to hear it at the same time. He invited us over that evening to his house.

We went that night and both the guy and his wife got saved, went to church on the next Sunday,  both walked the asile they were baptized & became faithful members of the church . All that would not have happened if Jesus radically my friend's life & life testimony.

fishinnut said:
Today a couple of names from the mid-eighties popped into my mind from a church where I served . One of  the men, a mechanic who I hired as our bus machanic had been won to Christ through our church ministries. This guy was a former Golden Gloves boxer it would grown up in the same town all of his life still lives there today, asked me to teach him how to win someone to Christ.

On weekday afternoon we just started going door-to-door, it was very cold & up north. A babysitter came to the door and said we could find the homeowner in the backyard. We went back there found three brothers pulling and replacing a motor in one of their vehicles . I started talking to the one brother who wasn't under the car but who did not look at me . His eyes stayed on the other guy I had brought along . He called his name and said," I know who you are. We grew up in the same school grade & you beat the stew out of me many times as a kid on the way to school."

My friend apologized & explained that he had given his life to Jesus . I tried to witness but he said,  this isn't a good time we've got to get this engine pulled. He said besides if God can change his life & take him to heaven, maybe I'd like to hear more about it & I'd like for my wife to hear it at the same time. He invited us over that evening to his house.

We went that night and both the guy and his wife got saved, went to church on the next Sunday,  both walked the asile they were baptized & became faithful members of the church . All that would not have happened if Jesus radically my friend's life & life testimony.

If Jack Hyles told that story we wold say it wasn't true.  ;)  Seriously (I hate that word) that is a great testimony.

A friend at church asked if I would like to go along to do some hunting on some property that he had access to 3 hours away from where we live. I of course told him I would be delighted to go. We left very early in the morning but about a half an hour away from my destination we saw a truck in a ditch with a couple of guys trying to free 1 last wheel. We stopped to help them & quickly got it out of the ditch. My friend jumped back into the truck but I turned to the two gentlemen and began witnessing to them. Both of the guys trusted Christ as Savior right there on the side of the road .

I got back into the truck with my fellow church member who was beside himself with  irritation. He told me but he didn't appreciate me cutting into his hunting time. He said this thing of witnessing has to have priorities and hunting was a greater priority to him . I told him then he had chosen the wrong hunting partner.

We got to the land and guess who shot a deer that day. He did not even see a deer but we took my kill home. BTW, 1 shot to the heart. I've often wondered if he learned anything that day.

In the years since, this guy,  a businessman has seen his business grown very large. He is a pilot and flies to some property he bought for deer hunting in another state and spends the entire hunting season chasing after his priority. Also since this happened his marriage hit the rocks he has destroyed  another marriage. He still attends church with his new wife but that is about it. it is amazing to me how many Christians make priorities of things in this life but have no thought of eternity their decisions and priorities.

fishinnut said:
A friend at church asked if I would like to go along to do some hunting on some property that he had access to 3 hours away from where we live. I of course told him I would be delighted to go. We left very early in the morning but about a half an hour away from my destination we saw a truck in a ditch with a couple of guys trying to free 1 last wheel. We stopped to help them & quickly got it out of the ditch. My friend jumped back into the truck but I turned to the two gentlemen and began witnessing to them. Both of the guys trusted Christ as Savior right there on the side of the road .

I got back into the truck with my fellow church member who was beside himself with  irritation. He told me but he didn't appreciate me cutting into his hunting time. He said this thing of witnessing has to have priorities and hunting was a greater priority to him . I told him then he had chosen the wrong hunting partner.

We got to the land and guess who shot a deer that day. He did not even see a deer but we took my kill home. BTW, 1 shot to the heart. I've often wondered if he learned anything that day.

In the years since, this guy,  a businessman has seen his business grown very large. He is a pilot and flies to some property he bought for deer hunting in another state and spends the entire hunting season chasing after his priority. Also since this happened his marriage hit the rocks he has destroyed  another marriage. He still attends church with his new wife but that is about it. it is amazing to me how many Christians make priorities of things in this life but have no thought of eternity their decisions and priorities.

This is truly a sad commentary. You did right!

On social media..........I saw a thirty something post that they are FINALLY paying off their student loans.

In thinking back to when I graduated from college, finished with no debt, no loans, no help from parents & all bills paid. I was a married father of 3 young kids. We prayed & I worked my way through my 4 years.

I do not remember a conversation with any other college student about students loans.

fishinnut said:
On social media..........I saw a thirty something post that they are FINALLY paying off their student loans.

HAC student loans??

Have you ever gotten CAUGHT witnessing when you did not have to do it?

I was out of town recently on a business trip. I was sitting in a restaurant waiting on my meal when my RING doorbell app let me know there was movement at my front door. I looked & it was the neighbor's dog on my porch. I told it to "get" & watched it run away............just as my server arrived at my table with my meal.

When he took my order, the very polite server had seen my phone screensaver with my Marine Corps rank insignia & then let me know that he is in the Army Reserves. He started a conversation about the military by asking me what my MOS was & telling me he is a Medic attached to the same kind of unit which is the Military Police. He had a lot to say & it was a good discussion.

So right after I had scarred the dog away, the server sets my food on the table. My RING speaker was still on & recording. I witnessed to him & he thanked me for doing so.

Later I sent my wife a text telling he I had scared that dog away & she pulled up the recording & heard me also witnessing. That's when she sent a return text saying. "I caught you witnessing." I thought it was kinda cool.

fishinnut said:
I'm the only wathermelon lover in my family & today I finished off a July 4th watermelon.  :D

No watermelon "lover" takes 6 days to finish off a watermelon.

I heard about a former HACker who was a student when I was at HAC.......who ripped up his diploma & sent it back to the college in a small envelope.

Makes me wonder if anyone else did so......... ::)