What Did You Like About Hyles Anderson

Tennessean

Elect
Reaction score
In another thread I made the comment that no matter what the thread on this forum, there was a group of people who always take the thread and turn it into a, "I hate Hyles Anderson, I had a miserable time there, everything was bad, woe is me, etc. And sadly there are people on here who can't stand the fact that some people went to Hyles Anderson College, enjoyed their time there, and generally had a good experience. Boy, I wrote that I had a good experience and I inspired a lot of vitriolic posts.

So let's start a new post.
What did you like about Hyles Anderson College? Could be people, programs, things, places. Obviously there was something there you liked or you wouldn't have stayed.

1 per post please.

And by the way, my preferences will be different than yours and yours will be different than mine, so if you don't like something I do, please don't remark about it.

Sack Lunches

I've always liked my sandwiches a bit on the soggy side so I loved the tuna fish sandwiches that you got in those bag lunches.

RebeccasRants said:
I liked taking piano lessons from Mrs. Godfrey.

Small world, my daughters all took piano from Marilyn Godfrey when they lived in Griffith. Excellent piano artist.

I was only there one year, but I actually liked chapel. It was dynamic and entertaining, regardless of whether I agreed with the speaker. If you opened up the topic to FBC and HBHS I could come up with a few more "likes."

My mother always said, if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all.

Tennessean said:
...if you don't like something I do, please don't remark about it.

I don't like that you don't like me voicing the things I don't like.      ;D

There were actually alot of good things about FBCH / HAC.  A lot of good memories.  I met my wife there, all of my childhood and teen and college years were there.  There were many good people there.

I liked that on Mondays the dining hall would serve real chicken nuggets with a green bean casserole.

I like that all the Stinkin' HACkers loved the place then and now  :eek:

Looking back, I now get to laugh at having Ms. Mayo in 4th grade.  :D

LOVED LOVED LOVED the atmosphere!  Especially on Wednesdays when Dr. Hyles would come... electrifying!

Smellin Coffee said:
The nepotism.  :p

Nicely done.  :)

I liked at the time:
Toby Weaver's chorale group
Jack Schaap's classes
Bill Grady's classes
Dr. Evan's classes

Mathew Ward said:
I like that all the Stinkin' HACkers loved the place then and now  :eek:

Once a HACker...Always a HACker!

Wait . .  .I'm just finishing a post on "What Did You Most Like About Your last Colonoscopy"  . . . then I'll get right on it . . .

My good-lookin' husband!  Best thing I got from Hyles-Anderson...by far!  Best man I have ever known...then and now.  He's the real deal.  He changed my life forever.  His integrity defines him.  He learned that from his awesome family...brought it to HAC with him...took it with him when we left.  And I am grateful.   

Tennessean said:
And by the way, my preferences will be different than yours and yours will be different than mine, so if you don't like something I do, please don't remark about it.

You might be a HACker if...

you will stand before your congregation with your Bible held high and shout, "I'm gonna preach this truth whether you, Hellywood, the Pope, or anyone agrees with me!  In this church, NO ONE will speak against or question anything this Preeeecher says! Blah, blah, blah..."

I found my husband and many priceless friends that we still keep in touch.