What exactly is a "Compliment" these days??

TruthBearer said:
If Paul had the courage to stand in front of a real man without daddy pulling a gun or Tommy Boy to back him up he would have already got what's coming to him. The whole bunch are cowards.

(JAV pulling the gun to save Paul's butt is fact, there is more to this story that cannot be put on a public website)

I was there during this time and this part of the story is news to me.

JustABigKid said:
TruthBearer said:
If Paul had the courage to stand in front of a real man without daddy pulling a gun or Tommy Boy to back him up he would have already got what's coming to him. The whole bunch are cowards.

(JAV pulling the gun to save Paul's butt is fact, there is more to this story that cannot be put on a public website)

This incident happened outside of church when Paul came to OKC from Florida I believe, he may of still been up in Maryland before moving to Florida. In short, Paul was confronted for some things and JAV pulled a pistol out to chase them off. This is something that was not made public since it didn't happen on church property.

TruthBearer said:
JustABigKid said:
TruthBearer said:

This incident happened outside of church when Paul came to OKC from Florida I believe, he may of still been up in Maryland before moving to Florida. In short, Paul was confronted for some things and JAV pulled a pistol out to chase them off. This is something that was not made public since it didn't happen on church property.

Well, happening on church property would not have changed the hush hush

As JAV always says you have got to know your opponent before going to battle.

The pulling out of a gun is of no surprise from a Vineyard

Just me said:
TruthBearer said:
JustABigKid said:
TruthBearer said:

Well, happening on church property would not have changed the hush hush

As JAV always says you have got to know your opponent before going to battle.

The pulling out of a gun is of no surprise from a Vineyard

By being made public, I don't think the parking lot guards or the ushers had pictures of them posted and told to call the police if they show up during a service like they have done to others.

TruthBearer said:
By being made public, I don't think the parking lot guards or the ushers had pictures of them posted and told to call the police if they show up during a service like they have done to others.

Ah, yes!  Gladiator was number one on the 10 most wanted list of WHBC/JAV.  I think it was a shoot first ask questions later policy on him.

They even made those pictures to look like old time bad guy pictures.  too funny

Was I on the list?  I am just wondering.  Some of my friends from Heartland wanted me to take them to WHBC's youth conference one night. I did not want to, but I took them. As we were heading up to the balcony, I was stopped by one of the men in the foyer, and he said, "Don't start anything. "  I thought at first that he was joking, but he was serious.  So, I said, "What do you think I am going to do?  Light the carpet on fire?"  As soon as we sat down in the balcony,  one of the men came in and sat behind us. Three Bible college students in suits and carrying Bibles were apparently a threat.  Those guys laughed about that many times.

FundamentalDan said:
Was I on the list?  I am just wondering.  Some of my friends from Heartland wanted me to take them to WHBC's youth conference one night. I did not want to, but I took them. As we were heading up to the balcony, I was stopped by one of the men in the foyer, and he said, "Don't start anything. "  I thought at first that he was joking, but he was serious.  So, I said, "What do you think I am going to do?  Light the carpet on fire?"  As soon as we sat down in the balcony,  one of the men came in and sat behind us. Three Bible college students in suits and carrying Bibles were apparently a threat.  Those guys laughed about that many times.

Do not know if you were on the list but they did not have your picture up like Gladiators was.  I personally think JAV was afraid of Gladiator.

Now there was one old bald headed crotchety relative of yours that was there always saying watch out for you.  He was probably why those fellas questioned you and your buddies.

Just me said:
Do not know if you were on the list but they did not have your picture up like Gladiators was.

Are you telling me that they had a "Most Wanted" list up in the office? I would call that the Wall of Fame! Who were some of the people on this list, if you care to divulge this information?

They had a most wanted list in the ushers closet. There were a couple of pictures and some names, I don't remember who they all were I kind of ignored it. To me they were not a real threat to anyone. I just think that ole Rambo JAV was afraid of them becasue he could not intimidate them and they stood up to him, that will always make a bully pee his pants, (when you fight back).

up top where they belong.

Some computer guru needs to put all the text in one post.

I'd like to have all the texts the "let go" staff members had when they confronted Tom.  All in one file attachment to show some dear folk who refuse to leave!

It is highly doubtful that the people who remain are ignorant of the facts.

Besides, not everyone leaves a church when immorality (or a hint of immorality) is present. It is human nature for friendships to look past things they ought not.

This is VERY common in IFB circles.

IF the pastor has to leave, a network exists to get an offending pastor another position if they cannot continue at a particular church.

Willingly ignorant of the facts.  Too fearful to make a move.  That place has been run on fear as long as I've known about it.  You don't realize until you leave how small the circle of influence is!

Notice this thread has over 3000 views an a little over 90 replies.  Those that choose to be ignorant are lurking here.  They know what he did and choose to back him. 

This is the first time I am posting to the fun forum.
In reply to Tanner, there are some of us who are 'lurking' simply because we prayerfully look forward to the day when WHBC finally shuts down.
Reason #2: Seeing where our former abusive pastor came out of helps to confirm that no, we didn't imagine the horrors we experienced.  To read about some of the abuse is like reading the history of our own church.
I can only praise the Lord it is done for us; and pray for those still under that horrible grip, who, like us,  won't truly understand the depth of their leaders wickedness until they are out from under the oppressive authority.
Please, as a child of God,  don't wrongfully accuse those you call 'lurkers' when you know nothing about them.

Hope said:
Please, as a child of God,  don't wrongfully accuse those you call 'lurkers' when you know nothing about them.

I do not believe the intent was to say that all "lurkers" here are ignorant. I believe what was meant is that those who remain willfully ignorant at WHBC are sure to be lurking here and so are without excuse. In other words, a word to the wise is sufficient.

It was not meant as a slam on anyone I was pointing out that I believe those still in that church are here reading this but not commenting.  On all the boards I have been on that is a common term known as "lurking"(reading but not commenting).  I was "lurking" here long before I ever posted. 

It's an encouraging sign that they are here reading and learning, will hopefully see the light, and leave the cult like most of us have.  Unfortunately there are those that will never leave and back the pastor no matter what. 

I have said plenty of times that it is my hope that the ministry shuts down.  It is abusive to families and especially young people that, for the moment, will not return to any church because of the abuses that have suffered. 

Welcome to the boards Hope and if you are not blindly backing an abusive pastor, that comment was not directed at you. 

I appreciate the replies.

Having written on the Web for many years,  I have come to realize how careful we need to be in what we say,  but more importantly how it is said in written form.  The intent of the writer is not always easy to discern.

That being said,  I agree that Tom V's intent was clear as a bell.