What is the Gospel?

No one needs to be lectured about "social norms"
All of you need to be lectured about social norms. You act like you have Aspeger's then wonder why people don't respond well.

You should be thankful anyone at all is here to not only expose your disinfo campaigning, but even show you the light out your mama's basements.

I sat under Ruckmanoid preachers for years
I've never sat under them once. I've only seen some sermon videos, and I would actually agree they are occasionally too rough around the edges for no real practical reason.

By contrast, you're reading my text on a screen, and just because I said I read a few books by Ruckman, you automatically stereotype me in the same category as your bad past experiences. From text on a screen, you don't really know the tone of my voice, you don't always know where I'm really being sarcastic or humorous, nor can you see my body language, which is 70%+ of communication.

If you've seen any of UGC's videos, we don't yell and shout like Ruckmanites sometimes do. I actually grew up in the "softer", "kinder" Hillsong type church scene, where I was very social and "popular" being a member of praise band, and simply corrected my doctrine upon studying into KJVO and Dispensationalism.

I'm probably less cult-minded with a broader, more tolerant life experience than you.

Me:
No one needs to be lectured about "social norms" by a boor like you.
UGC, lying fool, misquoting me:
No one needs to be lectured about "social norms"
All of you need to be lectured about social norms. You act like you have Aspeger's then wonder why people don't respond well.
So no, UGC, who is a lying fool, is not in any position to lecture this forum about social norms.
You should be thankful anyone at all is here to not only expose your disinfo campaigning
The lying fool UGC is the king of "disinfo" around here. Fools like UGC always accuse others of what they themselves are guilty of.

lying fool
lying fool
lying fool
what they themselves are guilty of
I would recommend not projecting your own problems onto others and getting back on topic.

You act more like a vacuous boor than anyone on these forums. You literally imagine yourself "muzzling" other human beings as if people are animals. If you read pretty much all of your responses to UGC, they are absent or severely lacking information and only filled with insults. And you actually want people to believe you are a Christian. No, your smear campaigning is discredited by your evident "leadership" style.

And you actually want people to believe you are a Christian. No, your smear campaigning is discredited by your evident "leadership" style.
It's heresy to say Christianity is shown by works, Lordship boy.

That's not what Lordship Salvation is. Pompous ignoramus.
You should be more careful with your theology. John MacArthur will be quoting you favourably in his next revision of The Gospel According to Jesus.

No rush. You created this thread, it's sitting right here for
whenever you're ready to tell us how Metanoia does not mean "Change of Mind".

I just completed two half-days of drone photography for National Geographic... glad you were patient ;)

BDAG: "change of mind" (cites secular sources)... [then gives the biblical understanding] repentance, turning about, conversion; as a turning away μετάνοια ἀπὸ νεκρῶν ἔργων turning away from dead works Hb 6:1. Mostly of the positive side of repentance, as the beginning of a new relationship with God: William Arndt et al., A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2000), 640.

THEOLOGICAL LEXICON OF THE NEW TESTAMENT. In the nt, metanoeō and metanoia (56 occurrences) retain this basic meaning, “change opinions, regret, be grieved about something,” but they are used almost exclusively for the attitude of unbelievers and sinners returning to God,19 and they are laden with a new theological density; they form an essential part of the kerygma lexicon, urging “conversion” to Christianity. There is no longer any question of distinguishing between change of thoughts, of heart, of actions. The change is that of the soul, of the whole person (the new creature), who is purified of stains and whose life is transformed, metamorphosed. It is significant that the present imperative metanoeite sums up the preaching of John the Baptist in the wilderness (Matt 3:2; Mark 1:15) in connection with faith, entrance into the kingdom of God, and purification from sins.20 This latter is not just any regret or repudiation21 but affliction, “remorse” that inspires a desire to make reparation, even expiation.22 Ceslas Spicq and James D. Ernest, Theological Lexicon of the New Testament (Peabody, MA: Hendrickson Publishers, 1994), 475–476.

... need anymore lexicons? I have them...

BDAG: "change of mind" (cites secular sources)... [then gives the biblical understanding]
Are you seriously this illiterate. You really think that a word changes its original meaning only when scripture uses it, but that the original Koine (common) use of the word was wrong until scripture came along and gave the word an entirely new definition? That is 100% BACKWARDS. "That's just the secular meaning." Are you really this stupid? No, this is important, it's people like you who are the reason so many will go to hell, because you twist everything to make the Bible say what you WANT it to say. You're a self-righteous prick.

You seriously just tried to argue that "change of mind" is a "secular" meaning of the word metanoia. No, jack, that is the definition of that word. You don't get to say the word suddenly changed it's meaning to fit Catholic doctrine just because you don't like what it actually means.

That's called wresting scripture and that's why you have a false, accursed Gospel.

See what happens when you give a Ruckmanite more to read than a phrase from Strongs Concordance?

They are incapable of reading a paragraph of a real lexicon!

a paragraph of a real lexicon!
Your "Lexicon" needs to be thrown directly in the garbage. Then that garbage can needs to be set on fire.

I'm about to destroy the idiocy of the heretic who commented in it with his Biblically and doctrinally illiterate thoughts right now.

The change is that of the soul, of the whole person (the new creature), who is purified of stains and whose life is transformed, metamorphosed.
This moron is actually arguing that repentance means YOU changing your own "soul" into the New Creature! "Transformed, metamorphosed".

Hey idiot, GOD does that, while you are DEAD in your sins, by the spiritual circumcision (Col. 2:11-13). You do not change your own soul OR "change your mind" into a New Creature, GOD's SPIRIT has to QUICKEN YOU FROM THE DEAD. You are DEAD in sin, so trying to TURN from them DOES YOU NO GOOD.

Heresy upon arrogant heresy. Millions will burn for the arrogance of these deluded "teachers". You will receive the greater judgment (James 3:1).

Wow! Give the guy a couple of actual academic sources and he can’t handle it.

The most illogical message in the world:

"Stop living a sinful lifestyle (false definition of "repent"), promise to obey God from now on, and make Christ Lord over your life. Then, if you endure to the end (Great Tribulation: not for the Church Age), you'll know you were one of the Elect. It's by grace you are saved."

That message is Satan's best counterfeit of the gospel and it is nothing but illogical and paradoxical. There is no reason anywhere in it.

The real Gospel is Christ PAID for your sins, you need to give up trying to be good and thinking your efforts in stopping a sinful lifestyle could somehow get you into heaven: you can't live righteously enough to get you in, no matter how hard you try to turn your life around from sin: you need a savior who PAID for your sins.

These Gospels are the opposite.

Give the guy a couple of actual academic sources and he can’t handle it.
Those are not academic sources. Anyone who thinks you turn yourself into a New Creature is not an academic, he's a wolf in sheep's clothing.

You can’t read.
We get it!
There is no need for you to prattle on about things not said.

You can’t read.
No, no.

You can't address anything I say as usual. I both read and responded to your content.

FSSL logic: "As we can see here, the Pharisee repented in the non-secular definition of the word by cleaning his life up:"

"10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner." -Luke 18:10-13

Recognizing your sinful state between you and God brings you to this helpless state: repentance is changing your mind to realize "it doesn't matter how hard I try, I can never be good enough, I'm dead in sin, I've tried to turn from them but it just isn't working. Only Christ's payment can save me now".

The lexicons say nothing about someone securing salvation for themselves.

You can’t read or understand anything academic.

Recognizing your sinful state between you and God brings you to this helpless state: repentance is changing your mind to realize "it doesn't matter how hard I try, I can never be good enough, I'm dead in sin, I've tried to turn from them but it just isn't working. Only Christ's payment can save me now".

By the way, if you haven't recognized this, then you haven't even realized that you at your BEST, all of your BEST efforts, all of your BEST righteousnesses, all of your BEST attempts and commitments to turn from your sins STILL FALL SHORT.

You haven't repented yet if you think you have to "turn from your sins" to get into heaven.

You can’t read or understand anything academic.
No, I can read just fine. You can't critically think, analyze, or question ANYTHING you read.

Modern Science textbooks support Darwinism. Those are academic, are you going to believe everything they say?

You believe you can change your mind and go to heaven.