What is the Gospel?

If you think repentance means "turn from your sins to be saved", then you do not understand the Holiness of God.

Even the person who does everything in his own power to turn from his sins still sins every day. FSSL sins every other time he posts (being generous), yet he thinks he "turned from his sins"? God demands perfection. You in your BEST effort to turn your life around and "repent of your sins" falls wayyyyy short. You're not even close! Turning from your sins does NOTHING before God! His Holiness is sooooo much farther away from you!

Hey "academia", what does the BIBLE say: You are DEAD in sin. The issue is not you trying harder to turn from them, it's you being MADE ALIVE. And YOU CAN'T DO THAT, no matter how much some idiot who commented in a Lexicon says so. Only the Holy Spirit can give you life, AFTER you accept Christ's payment. God only accept's Christ's perfection, not your imperfect commitments and efforts.

Nobody made claims in a lexicon that we made ourselves alive.

You can’t read. You can’t handle a serious book.

You believe you can change your mind and go to heaven.
That's what the Bible says. You don't like what the Bible says so you reject the Bible.

If Christ gave everything and paid everything,
you can give God nothing to get into heaven. Not your commitment, your life, your efforts, your righteousness, nothing. None of that is good enough.

The only thing you can do is receive what Christ did for you. If you're trying to give him something in the process of receiving what Christ did, you are spitting on his gift.

Ever go to a restaurant with a bunch of friends and try to pay for the meal, and someone else rejects your gift and says "No, I got it." Or worse, "I'll pitch in". In asian culture, this can be considered extremely ungrateful, proud, and disrespectful. A gift cannot be earned or "cooperated with", only freely and graciously received.

Wow! Give the guy a couple of actual academic sources and he can’t handle it.
Yah, but you're the "illiterate" one.

Give him a break. It's a dictionary, and he still hasn't figured out the difference between definition and etymology.

Yah, but you're the "illiterate" one.
Absolutely, because neither of you understand what you're reading.

If you did, you would've realized it obviously doesn't match the Bible.

You literally just read the label and think "That sounds academic, is it popular? Has it been around a little while? THEN IT MUST BE RIGHT" without understanding what it's actually saying or whether or not it makes sense.

Hey guys, I heard the JW's have some real scholars recognized all over the world in academic journals.

"Do you have any idea how large the JW's are? We have research centers all over the world, some of the largest! Are you saying we're all wrong?" -Literally what a JW friend I shared the Gospel with said

Imagine the look on so many Lordship Salvationists faces right before they're cast into the hell when they realize that their entire community was in heresy similar to the JW's: it just didn't look the same. In fact it's worse because it's even more subtle. I wouldn't be surprised if more JW's make it in than Lordship Salvationists. Pharisees. Smear campaigners lying about Darby "inventing" Dispensationalism. Wolves sending all of their people to hell.

B-b-b-but the Lexicon commentary said I could turn myself into a New Creature!
burn.gif
I tried to stop sinning! I tried! I turned from them Lord! Why! Did I not repent? Why!

God HATES Lordship Salvation. Millions condemned forever, no second chance! These pharisees will BURN HOTTER than the rest if they do not get saved and publicly renounce this heresy before it's too late! You wicked, evil men! Leading millions astray with your false Gospel.

If you did, you would've realized it obviously doesn't match the Bible.
"If you were literate, you'd agree with me" is the absolute stupidest "argument" you could try to make, fool. It doesn't work. We've actually read your posts.

Killed it.

The day Ransom says something funny is the day FSSL uses his brain.

UGC tells us the definition of a Greek word. He doesn't know Greek.
He said that he has read a Greek Lexicon and come to find out he only found a phrase in Strongs Concordance which is severly lacking (as it is with many definitions)

I share with him TWO standard Greek Lexicons. He can't handle the truth! (ore even understand what they are saying).

I share with him TWO standard Greek Lexicons. He can't handle the truth! (ore even understand what they are saying).
Well, let's just add a third, then.

μετανοέω; μετάνοια; ας f: to change one’s way of life as the result of a complete change of thought and attitude with regard to sin and righteousness - "to repent, to change one's way, repentance."

μετανοέω: ἐζελθόντες ἐκήρυξαν ἵνα μετανοῶσιν "they went out and preached that the people should repent" Mk 6.12.

μετάνοια: ἀγνοῶν ὅτι τὸ χρηστὸν τοῦ θεοῦ εἰς μετάνοιάν σε ἄγει "do you fail to understand that God is kind because he wants to lead you to repent?" Ro 2.4.

Though in English a focal component of repent is the sorrow or contrition that a person experiences because of sin, the emphasis in μετανοέω and μετάνοια seems to be more specifically the total change, both in thought and behavior, with respect to how one should both think and act. Whether the focus is upon attitude or behavior varies somewhat in different contexts. Compare, for example, Lk 3.8, He 6.1, and Ac 26.20.

(Louw and Nida, Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament Based on Semantic Domains, 41.52.)

You really think that a word changes its original meaning only when scripture uses it, but that the original Koine (common) use of the word was wrong until scripture came along and gave the word an entirely new definition?
FSSL, of course, said nothing of the kind, as reading his own post indicates.
"That's just the secular meaning." Are you really this stupid?
You seriously just tried to argue that "change of mind" is a "secular" meaning of the word metanoia.
You don't get to say the word suddenly changed it's meaning to fit Catholic doctrine just because you don't like what it actually means.
Are you seriously this illiterate.
BAHAHAHA.

Strongs Concordance which is severly lacking
Wrong. Strong's is one of the oldest and most reliable.

Many of the newer Lexicons are corrupt because they attempt to support a Catholic rendering of the word repentance.

to change one’s way of life as the result of a complete change of thought and attitude with regard to sin and righteousness
Wrong. The word metanoia does not mean to change your "way of life". That is found nowhere in the word metanoia, and that would be works salvation.

If you could change your way of life by turning away from sin and cleaning it up to get into heaven, Christ wouldn't have had to come die for your sins in the first place.

You add to the meaning of a word and therefore create a false, accursed Gospel.

It is no wonder you are the most pharisaical of all forums: unless you've been saved in the past, you're both hellbound pharisees who have no clue what grace is, nor what Christ did at the cross of Calvary. Either way, we can all now see why these unsaved idiots have been attacking saved Christians like Ruckmanites this whole time: they aren't even Christians and don't know God.