Will you boycott Target....

redhead said:
Bruh said:
It's not a safety factor that is my concern.  I don't want my lil girl going to the bathroom next to a twisted looking dude. And having to explain something that shouldn't have to be explained to an innocent little girl. 

Explain this, why is there a need for a transvestite to enter a women's bathroom? What is the purpose? 

So you are concerned about actual transgenders? I hate to break this to you, but Target has always allowed transgenders in the opposite sex restrooms. People are complaining now because, by making this a formal policy, ANY man can come into a restroom and claim to be a female.

Transgenders are not new. I am in my 40s and remember my family pointing them out to me as a kid (I had two older brothers). We kind of laughed to ourselves, said "that's weird...", and moved on. At some point, regardless of the law, you will need to explain this to your children. The restroom policy has nothing to do with your child being exposed to transgenders- it will happen regardless.

Explain this, why is there a need for a man to enter a women's bathroom? What is the purpose? 

No more Target for our family either. Cancelled both RedCards today.

They are free to make what policies they like, and I am free to buy elsewhere.

Like Tom, our family spent thousands annually, and their up & up diapers kept us from bankruptcy, but being PC is getting out of hand.

What woman would feel comfortable sitting in a stall with a man sitting in the next stall?

What parent would feel comfortable with their little girl sitting in a stall with a man or 16 year old boy sitting in the next stall?

Again, is this proper?

It will only take one time for one of you to see the light, when your 14 year old daughter or granddaughter walks into a bathroom and a man walks in right behind her. 

Bruh said:
redhead said:
Bruh said:
It's not a safety factor that is my concern.  I don't want my lil girl going to the bathroom next to a twisted looking dude. And having to explain something that shouldn't have to be explained to an innocent little girl. 

Explain this, why is there a need for a transvestite to enter a women's bathroom? What is the purpose? 

So you are concerned about actual transgenders? I hate to break this to you, but Target has always allowed transgenders in the opposite sex restrooms. People are complaining now because, by making this a formal policy, ANY man can come into a restroom and claim to be a female.

Transgenders are not new. I am in my 40s and remember my family pointing them out to me as a kid (I had two older brothers). We kind of laughed to ourselves, said "that's weird...", and moved on. At some point, regardless of the law, you will need to explain this to your children. The restroom policy has nothing to do with your child being exposed to transgenders- it will happen regardless.

Explain this, why is there a need for a man to enter a women's bathroom? What is the purpose?

There is no need for a man to enter a women's restroom. As I stated above, most people are concerned because the stated policy allows for ANY man to come into a women's restroom.  The concern is not necessarily transgender people, it is that now, the unstated policy has now become a target for ANYONE to use the restroom of their choice, thus causing safety concerns.

Target = New York values. 

Maybe it's been covered, but Target, Paypal, Ebay, Coca Cola, Facebook and the list goes on and on for advancing lib erl causes.  Will your ministry stop taking payments through Pay Pal?

Baptist City Holdout said:
Maybe it's been covered, but Target, Paypal, Ebay, Coca Cola, Facebook and the list goes on and on for advancing lib erl causes.  Will your ministry stop taking payments through Pay Pal?

Precisely. I've no problem with people choosing to boycott, just be consistent.

Also, i don't know if it happened nationwide, but in my area, Target merged their Pharmacy with CVS. I've yet to see anyone mention that CVS should be boycotted as well since they are in tandem.

Smellin Coffee said:

Also, i don't know if it happened nationwide, but in my area, Target merged their Pharmacy with CVS. I've yet to see anyone mention that CVS should be boycotted as well since they are in tandem.

Do you think that us being against a man entering a women's bathroom is extreme?

Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Do you think that us being against a man entering a women's bathroom is extreme?

Not at all. Not at all. I'm as upset as you. Boycotting is fine, but I don't know where a complete list of places for me to boycott is. If we don't boycott the same business let's not think less of each other.

I live less than two miles from  Target. If I have walked  into the store ten times in recent years, I have walked out eight times without a single purchase. 

That said, it will likely be cold where the boogie man lives before I walk into the store again.

Transvestites and transgrnders have used whichever  bathroom they wished to use for years. They do not care about other peoples' rights, only their own, and the sqeaky wheel gets the grease.

We Christians  need to sqeak louder.

Smellin Coffee said:

There was NO merger. CVS made an acquisition of Target pharmacies and clinics. CVS is operating as a "store within a store"; they are two separate entities.  It's a little unfortunate since their pharmacy rewards program coupled with the RedCard was pretty awesome. Loved the 10% off days.

RAIDER said:
for their current restroom policies?

Why is it more weird for a person born male but believes they are a woman and dresses like  a woman to be seen by your daughter in the women's room as opposed to your son in the men's room?

I think boycotts are a bit silly.

Let me recount a boycott that Bro. Hyles started against White Hen Pantry a convieniance store on columbia Ave in Hammond.

He always went in there on his way to the church.

Well one day he notice a men's magazine displaying all the things men should not look at, unless it is their wives.

He got up in church and railed about it and got us to write nasty letters threatening to  never shop there again.

Crazy thing was he was probably the only church person that shopped there.

Well the result was they put the magazines under the counter. Bro. Hyles claimed he had won and they had removed them from the store.

It was a win win. Bro. Hyles got to look important and the store got to appear to cooperate to clean up the morals of the neighborhood.

It was not but a few months later that those magazines all came back front and center with a vengeance.

They stayed there until the store closed about 25 years latter.

All that boycott did was make us look bad to the store owner and make Bro. Hyles look like a tough guy to the church.

So it was not really a win win, it was a lose lose.

If something is "loose loose" you'd best "tighten tighten" it!  ;)

I think we were also commanded to boycott the Hammond Times.  To this day I feel a taint of guilt when I read the Times!

As for the question at hand, I'd like for Target to feel a financial sting as a result of their decision. I almost never go there, but I will purpose to not go there any longer.

brainisengaged said:
If something is "loose loose" you'd best "tighten tighten" it!  ;)

I think we were also commanded to boycott the Hammond Times.  To this day I feel a taint of guilt when I read the Times!

As for the question at hand, I'd like for Target to feel a financial sting as a result of their decision. I almost never go there, but I will purpose to not go there any longer.

Well word was getting out on all the scandals we had going on. Of course this could never happen to day, we all would be reading about it on face book. All that stuff was detailed in the Times for anyone to read, just us FBCH folks didn't know anything about it because we were such good sheeple. How different things would have been if we had known the truth in real time.

Tom Brennan said:
Yes. After checking my records I spend $4000 a year at Target. Amazon, here we come...

And I, on the other hand, haven't been to a Target store in years.

RAIDER said:
for their current restroom policies?

Probably not. I am thankful that Target provides public restrooms. I would not blame Target if they just closed their free restrooms for public use. Better yet, they could charge a fee for an individual to use a private restroom like some airlines do. This would cover their cost of water, supplies, cleaning, etc...and alleviate the concerns that many individuals on here have expressed.  :)

Instead, I think that I will boycott climbing Mt. Everest, because I heard that the don't provide adequate restroom facilities there that meet my standards. I should also stop walking in the woods, fishing, or traveling to any remote area. I guess many foreign countries would be off limits too.

I understand many of the concerns with small children, but who would let them use bathroom facilities by themselves anyway? Teen women and adults should know how to care for themselves, leave an uncomfortable situation, or call for help with a loud voice if need be.

If I saw a suspicious someone enter a ladies restroom after someone that I cared about I wouldn"t hesitate to open the door, call out to her, or go inside to assist if I thought the situation warranted such action.

I am more uncomfortable with my wife or myself using a public restroom facility at a rest stop on the interstate at night. I don't like many facilities at many remote camp sites or hiking trails in our state and national parks. I do not like using any unfamiliar gas station or truck stop restrooms, especially if in an unfamiliar or seedy place. I will probably not boycott these either.

Walt said:
Tom Brennan said:
Yes. After checking my records I spend $4000 a year at Target. Amazon, here we come...

And I, on the other hand, haven't been to a Target store in years.

Yep, Amazon is where I bought both of Tom's books. I have never shopped at Target, hard to boycott if you don't shop there now.