You might be an IFB If…

...if you've ever been out in public (ladies) and been confused for an Apostolic....

YJMBAIFB

...if you've ever been at a Church where the pastor declares the altar call won't end until every last person in the pews comes forward...

YJMBAIFB

...if you've ever been at a Church where the pastor declares the altar call won't end until every last person in the pews comes forward...

I've been where the altar call wouldn't end until the $$$$ Goal wasn't met. Does that count?

I've been where the altar call wouldn't end until the $$$$ Goal wasn't met. Does that count?
I am not accustomed to your posting style but really hope you are completely joking. I've heard a lot of really crazy antics on the FFF, but that would probably earn the blue ribbon!

I was in one service where it wasn't during the altar call, but that was done. They passed the plate at least 3 times until the preacher was satisfied that enough was given.

I was in one service where it wasn't during the altar call, but that was done. They passed the plate at least 3 times until the preacher was satisfied that enough was given.
Seriously?

Please, tell me how that played out in greater detail.

It was probably 25 years ago during Midnight Cry (gospel singing 1st Saturday in February) at Lebanon Baptist Temple. I believe the Rochesters were singing that night. Pastor Jones kept having them pass the plate until he felt people gave enough. After the 3rd time, he said the men would go count it and if it wasn't enough, he was going to have them pass the plates again.
As a side note, I just mentioned this to my wife because I couldn't remember the pastor's name, and she filled me in that something similar happened all the time down at Sammy Allen's camp meetings in Resaca, GA (during her family vacations :D ).

It was probably 25 years ago during Midnight Cry (gospel singing 1st Saturday in February) at Lebanon Baptist Temple. I believe the Rochesters were singing that night. Pastor Jones kept having them pass the plate until he felt people gave enough. After the 3rd time, he said the men would go count it and if it wasn't enough, he was going to have them pass the plates again.
As a side note, I just mentioned this to my wife because I couldn't remember the pastor's name, and she filled me in that something similar happened all the time down at Sammy Allen's camp meetings in Resaca, GA (during her family vacations :D ).
🤨 Thanks for the explanation. The more I hear IFBx stories the more thankful I never experienced any of that kind of stuff, and feel genuinely bad for those who did/do. 😟

...if your pastor, youth leader, or bus Captain has ever swallowed a goldfish....

YJMBAIFB

If you think Sword of the Lord compromised by printing the masthead of their Christmas edition in red ink…

Last edited:
I thought that post had Sammy Allen written all over it. That guy could quote scripture after scripture for sure........ then there were other things one could say, but I won't.

SOTL eh?

... If you love to cite Spurgeon's sermons but edit them to take out his Calvinist statements because you know he really wasn't a calvinist...

YJMBAIFB

I thought that post had Sammy Allen written all over it. That guy could quote scripture after scripture for sure........ then there were other things one could say, but I won't.
I never had the pleasure of going to any of his meetings - just got to hear stories from my wife. :)

...if you boast of having led thousands to Christ in your town of 738....

YJMBAIFB

... if you have ever preached a Jack Hyles sermon nearly verbatim (including identically mimicking mannerisms like clearing the throat)...

YJMBAIFB

(and yes, this is something that I witnessed personally)

...if you hear somebody extol expository preaching and the first thoughts that come to mind is "compromiser" or "deeper lifer puke"....

YJMBAIFB

...you've ever exceeded the maximum capacity on a bus on a Sunday morning or a VBS night.

... if you believe that as the mannagod steps onto the platform to the pulpit that a Rockstar has entered the building and the crowd response should reflect it...

YJMBAIFB

If your church's "missions" budget includes funding for private prisons where children are incarcerated, held incommunicado, beaten, starved and brutalized (like Hephzibah House) - then you may be IFB.