Conservativism Without Christianity

The State Department is a joke. Obama claimed we have not had any terrorist acts on our soil while he was president.

I think, when Trump is in office, we will miraculously begin having MSM media reports of all kinds of terrorists flooding our borders... perhaps even flown in on Trump's private jet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FSSL said:
The State Department is a joke. Obama claimed we have not had any terrorist acts on our soil while he was president.

I think, when Trump is in office, we will miraculously begin having MSM media reports of all kinds of terrorists flooding our borders... perhaps even flown in on Trump's private jet.

The State Department is a joke because your right wing publications are so in the know.

The ones on Trump's private jet with be attractive and grabbed by their private parts 8)

LongGone said:
The State Department is a joke because your right wing publications are so in the know.

Since it was Obama's State Department that called the Fort Hood terrorism, "work place violence"
Since it is Obama's State Department that said Benghazi was the result of a video...
Since it is Obama's State Department that believes we have been terror-free in the US for the past 8 years...

It is safe to say that Obama's State Department is a farce.

You can ignore the other side... just realize that doing so removes quite a bit of information that is necessary to have a well-rounded view of our world. That is what we call a "low information voter."

Liberty1 said:
Recovering IFB said:
This pretty much gets to the heart of the matter of what I have been thinking over the past 5 years.
https://newcitytimes.com/news/story/conservatism-without-christianity
From the article:"Let me introduce you to Conservatism without Christianity. This brand of conservatism holds many faithful church attendees, but the Bible is not their final authority. In these churches, the flag stands erect behind the pulpit, sermons speak of hope?a return to the old days, or of fear?of those enemies of flesh and blood, and Donald Trump has become their savior, and they his disciples. Nevertheless, church attendance is optional, because the ultimate authority is not scripture. Their theology is soaked in American Exceptionalism, and their God is America."

Sound familiar?

This is a bunch of hoooey.

America is exceptional and so is Israel.

Just these two countries in the whole world?

The Canadian border would be my choice if I were ISIS and trying to get into the US.

FSSL said:
LongGone said:

Since it was Obama's State Department that called the Fort Hood terrorism, "work place violence"
Since it is Obama's State Department that said Benghazi was the result of a video...
Since it is Obama's State Department that believes we have been terror-free in the US for the past 8 years...

It is safe to say that Obama's State Department is a farce.

You can ignore the other side... just realize that doing so removes quite a bit of information that is necessary to have a well-rounded view of our world. That is what we call a "low information voter."

9/11 happen on W's watch

39 attacks on embassies and embassy personnel with 87 people were killed on W's watch

W was considered incompetent during Katrina.

We also involved ourselves in two wars.

It is not always low information voters but where we choose to get our information from that matters.

There we are... W's failures excuse The State Department under Obama.

I think, 9 pages in and the point of the OP is proven correct. Instead of turning to God in repentance, we instead turn to our "god" of this world to solve our problems.

Recovering IFB said:
I think, 9 pages in and the point of the OP is proven correct. Instead of turning to God in repentance, we instead turn to our "god" of this world to solve our problems.

See, you didn't take Trump seriously but did take him literally. No wonder you don't get it you liberal loser.  ;)

FSSL said:

It doesn't excuse the failures. It just shows that no matter which party is in power that there will be failures. To highlight Obama's failures without looking at W's is wrong. Trump is going to have his own failures. Trump's loose cannon approach concerns me and what is with this with this weird relationship with Putin?

LongGone said:
FSSL said:

It doesn't excuse the failures. It just shows that no matter which party is in power that there will be failures. To highlight Obama's failures without looking at W's is wrong. Trump is going to have his own failures. Trump's loose cannon approach concerns me and what is with this with this weird relationship with Putin?

Man crush?

subllibrm said:
Recovering IFB said:

See, you didn't take Trump seriously but did take him literally. No wonder you don't get it you liberal loser.  ;)

Like you said in your first reply...... WHOOSH!!!

Recovering IFB said:

Logical fallacy of the excluded middle.

Tarheel... I guess churches who are actively praying and encouraging prayer via prayer guides are not within Recovering's kingdom mandates.

FSSL said:
Recovering IFB said:

Tarheel... I guess churches who are actively praying and encouraging prayer via prayer guides are not within Recovering's kingdom mandates.

His (and sub's to a slightly lesser extent) only maddate is to simply argue against some fictional stereotype his imagination has conjured up. Reality be damned....

Recovering IFB said:
subllibrm said:
Recovering IFB said:

Like you said in your first reply...... WHOOSH!!!

You boys iz so smart and relevant....I hope one day to be as spearitual and hip as you iz. 

Tarheel Baptist said:
FSSL said:
Recovering IFB said:

His (and sub's to a slightly lesser extent) only mandate is to simply argue against some fictional stereotype his imagination has conjured up. Reality be damned....

I don't know that I have a mandate. I do have a burden for the church when I see her leadership tacitly accepting or worse defending actions that should be condemned but wont be because the offender is not a Democrat.

And this is not new to Mr. Trump and his ascension to the top. I have been speaking to this since I first noticed that the negative tone (at best) and spiteful vitriol (at worst) of talk radio is becoming a litmus test for American conservative evangelical Christianity. If I suggest that the point can be communicated in a gracious way I am accused of all sorts of collusion with the "libtards".  If I point out a flaw in the policies of Republicans I am accused of being unAmerican. I can trace this back at least as far as the invasion of Iraq and as recently as being told that I must not be reading the right bible if I have a problem with Donald Trump.

When I see people all around me who cannot see any distinction between the Church and the Republican party I am concerned. More than that I am concerned by the leaders of the Church who do not see this or worse, see it but do not consider it a problem. Are we trying to being people into the Kingdom or into the GOP? I only ask because I too am having a hard time seeing a difference.

Jesus is already stumbling block enough and we have added political conformity to the mix. Brethren this should not be and I will continue to say so.

BTW while LongGone, Recovering, Smelling et al are all nice folk, I speak for me and me alone as I understand the application of biblical truth.

I've never heard Trumps name used in our pulpit... so, I don't get the tension.

Should a Christian have voted in this last election?

subllibrm said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
FSSL said:
Recovering IFB said:

His (and sub's to a slightly lesser extent) only mandate is to simply argue against some fictional stereotype his imagination has conjured up. Reality be damned....

I don't know that I have a mandate. I do have a burden for the church when I see her leadership tacitly accepting or worse defending actions that should be condemned but wont be because the offender is not a Democrat.

And this is not new to Mr. Trump and his ascension to the top. I have been speaking to this since I first noticed that the negative tone (at best) and spiteful vitriol (at worst) of talk radio is becoming a litmus test for American conservative evangelical Christianity. If I suggest that the point can be communicated in a gracious way I am accused of all sorts of collusion with the "libtards".  If I point out a flaw in the policies of Republicans I am accused of being unAmerican. I can trace this back at least as far as the invasion of Iraq and as recently as being told that I must not be reading the right bible if I have a problem with Donald Trump.

When I see people all around me who cannot see any distinction between the Church and the Republican party I am concerned. More than that I am concerned by the leaders of the Church who do not see this or worse, see it but do not consider it a problem. Are we trying to being people into the Kingdom or into the GOP? I only ask because I too am having a hard time seeing a difference.

Jesus is already stumbling block enough and we have added political conformity to the mix. Brethren this should not be and I will continue to say so.

BTW while LongGone, Recovering, Smelling et al are all nice folk, I speak for me and me alone as I understand the application of biblical truth.

You mistake your experience for reality.
i do not personally know of any pastor who has mentioned Obama in a sermon in a mocking way.
I am under no delusion that Republicanism is Christianity...and have never heard that articulated or intimated.

In my experience, the vast majority of evangelicalism does not fit into your extreme notions.
As a Christian, I pray for my government, participate in my government and honor the powers that be...
I fully understand that God is in total control and that we wrestle not against flesh and blood.

But, we live in the reality of the nasty now and now...not some ivory tower.
I try to stay politically informed, vote and participate in my government, especially at the local level.

Where, pray tell oh wise ones, am I going wrong?

Tarheel Baptist said:
subllibrm said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
FSSL said:
Recovering IFB said:

You mistake your experience for reality.
i do not personally know of any pastor who has mentioned Obama in a sermon in a mocking way.
I am under no delusion that Republicanism is Christianity...and have never heard that articulated or intimated.

In my experience, the vast majority of evangelicalism does not fit into your extreme notions.
As a Christian, I pray for my government, participate in my government and honor the powers that be...
I fully understand that God is in total control and that we wrestle not against flesh and blood.

I try to stay politically informed, vote and participate in my government, especially at the local level.

They may not be as perfect as you but the following evangelicals did endorse Trump:

James Dobson
Tony Perkins
Mark Burns
Paula White
Jerry Falwell Jr
Robert Jeffress
Ralph Reed

Are you saying that the public perception that the white evangelical church is predominately republican and will vote republican really no matter who the presidential candidate that the party runs?

FSSL said:
but what you are praying for and how you interpret that passage is incorrect.
1Tim2:1 I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people? 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.
Paul is talking about praying for different kinds of people for the specific purpose of bring salvation to God's elect. He is using kings and those in authority as examples .

TB, you start by saying this
Tarheel Baptist said:

But then, you say
Tarheel Baptist said:
well, what is it? Does God truly reign Are you saying God has no control over the Earth? Is Psalm 2 a lie? is Peter mistaken when he says "It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,  who has gone into heaven and is at God?s right hand?with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him."?

Tarheel Baptist said:
The very fact that you have made friends with Caesar, stick up for an unConstitutional and unBiblical police force and haven't  spoken out against the injustices of our government is a good starting point. If you are so in love with our country, why don't you confront them and demand of the police force to go down to the local chapter of Planned Parenthood and arrest the mothers and doctors who perform the abortions and charge them with the murders of the children they " perform the procedures" on? Remember, "sin is a reproach to any people" You are too in love with the powers of this world and not  proclaiming that they repent and obey God and repent.