Conservativism Without Christianity

FSSL said:
Making immigrants get work permits and creating a legal route is not open borders.
.  He was given the plan to open the borders to let people come in and work here. That's not the case today. Many people going immigration get held back for various reasons.

Tarheel Baptist said:
You are so spiritual...you give us all a goal for which to strive.
You didn't vote for anyone...bless your heart.
And you only vote for believers....and you know because you have the gift of judgement...you know my heart and mind!

Hopeless recovery IFB judging and criticizing!
Talk about irony.....
Wow, this coming from a "pastor"? I don't know people's heart it if a candidate is calling for Biblical principles it's a pretty scare et that he is a believer.

Recovering IFB said:
He was given the plan to open the borders to let people come in and work here. That's not the case today. Many people going immigration get held back for various reasons.

Right. But Regan was not advocating open borders in the sense that it is practiced today. Today, "borders" do not exist.

Two years ago, ISIS told us their plan was to infiltrate us via the open border through Mexico. Homeland "security" has openly admitted to this tactic. ISIS just confirmed the same again.

We have a government who delights in the chaos brought on by the infiltration of ingrates among those who really want freedom.

There is NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH "christian" about letting masses of people infiltrate our borders. There is certainly EVERYTHING insane about letting a trojan horse with a see through belly into our midst.

Recovering IFB said:
It's already here

Here we are... an over-realized eschatology. The kingdom will look nothing like this current world.

Only Christ has the authority to rule the kingdom. Only Christ can match any genuine qualification to rule. And when He does, it will not be a constitutional republic with popular votes of states driving an electoral college.

Until then, we are stuck with doing the most pragmatic and best possible thing... vote for those who are showing a commitment to freedom.

The Reconstructionists of this world have led us on a wild goose chase for a perfect candidate in a fallen world. They think the kingdom "rule with perfect justice, peace" is here and now. They think perfection is here.

Until Christ ushers in the Theocracy, we need to do as Christians have done since Nero... pray for our leaders and hope for the best leaders.

FSSL said:
Recovering IFB said:
He was given the plan to open the borders to let people come in and work here. That's not the case today. Many people going immigration get held back for various reasons.

Right. But Regan was not advocating open borders in the sense that it is practiced today. Today, "borders" do not exist.

Two years ago, ISIS told us their plan was to infiltrate us via the open border through Mexico. Homeland "security" has openly admitted to this tactic. ISIS just confirmed the same again.

We have a government who delights in the chaos brought on by the infiltration of ingrates among those who really want freedom.

There is NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH "christian" about letting masses of people infiltrate our borders. There is certainly EVERYTHING insane about letting a trojan horse with a see through belly into our midst.

Read through whole report but could not find where Syrians were coming through Mexico.

Page 1... "According to statistics from the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, more than half a million of them have traveled to Europe to seek asylum or are attempting to resettle elsewhere in the West, including the United States. In response to the crisis, the Obama Administration has announced plans to ?surge? admissions of Syrian refugees into the United States, including admitting at least 10,000 over the course of this fiscal year."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FSSL said:
Page 1... "According to statistics from the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, more than half a million of them have traveled to Europe to seek asylum or are attempting to resettle elsewhere in the West, including the United States. In response to the crisis, the Obama Administration has announced plans to ?surge? admissions of Syrian refugees into the United States, including admitting at least 10,000 over the course of this fiscal year."

Still not getting the connection of Syrians coming through Mexico.

Recovering IFB said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
You are so spiritual...you give us all a goal for which to strive.
You didn't vote for anyone...bless your heart.
And you only vote for believers....and you know because you have the gift of judgement...you know my heart and mind!

Hopeless recovery IFB judging and criticizing!
Talk about irony.....
Wow, this coming from a "pastor"? I don't know people's heart it if a candidate is calling for Biblical principles it's a pretty scare et that he is a believer.

My post referenced above was in response to this post from you, recovering:

Is He really?? in ALL things??  Then why did you vote for an unbeliever?? If Christ truly reigns, why did you do that? Why did you vote for an unbelieving,unrepentant man like Trump ?? a man who brags his sexual exploits?

The gift of judgment in action...and tongues.

LongGone said:
FSSL said:

If they don't come through Mexico, are they less a threat?

Tarheel Baptist said:
LongGone said:
FSSL said:

The statement was that the report showed that Syrian refugees were coming through Mexico implying that building the wall would stop these Syrians. Not debating whether they are a threat or not but does this report demonstrate that they are coming through Mexico.

Recovering IFB said:
This pretty much gets to the heart of the matter of what I have been thinking over the past 5 years.
https://newcitytimes.com/news/story/conservatism-without-christianity
From the article:"Let me introduce you to Conservatism without Christianity. This brand of conservatism holds many faithful church attendees, but the Bible is not their final authority. In these churches, the flag stands erect behind the pulpit, sermons speak of hope?a return to the old days, or of fear?of those enemies of flesh and blood, and Donald Trump has become their savior, and they his disciples. Nevertheless, church attendance is optional, because the ultimate authority is not scripture. Their theology is soaked in American Exceptionalism, and their God is America."

Sound familiar?

This is a bunch of hoooey.

America is exceptional and so is Israel.

FSSL said:
Still
Here we are... an over-realized eschatology. The kingdom will look nothing like this current world.

Only Christ has the authority to rule the kingdom. Only Christ can match any genuine qualification to rule. And when He does, it will not be a constitutional republic with popular votes of states driving an electoral college.  [/ quote]
So when Jesus says "all authority on heaven and earth has been given to him , have really didn't mean ALL authority ?  And Psalm  2 is just meaningless. ?

FSSL said:
Until then, we are stuck with doing the most pragmatic and best possible thing... vote for those who are showing a commitment to freedom.
Is the Gospel pragmatic? No,we are commanded to go into all of the world teach that nations .
FSSL said:
The Reconstructionists of this world have led us on a wild goose chase for a perfect candidate in a fallen world. They think the kingdom "rule with perfect justice, peace" is here and now. They think perfection is here.

They have never said that ,that's untrue, wheat they claim is that as we march closer to his return, and the Gospel goes forward, things will get better. In some ways, it has. But please, don't misrepresent the position .

FSSL said:
Until Christ ushers in the Theocracy, we need to do as Christians have done since Nero... pray for our leaders and hope for the best leaders.

Christ is doing that now and the nations are not obeying. And we are to be praying for God's will to be done. We are His servants, unless you choose to serve Nero ( the Beast ) hand it seems many haahve accepted his mark.

Liberty1 said:
Recovering IFB said:
This pretty much gets to the heart of the matter of what I have been thinking over the past 5 years.
https://newcitytimes.com/news/story/conservatism-without-christianity
From the article:"Let me introduce you to Conservatism without Christianity. This brand of conservatism holds many faithful church attendees, but the Bible is not their final authority. In these churches, the flag stands erect behind the pulpit, sermons speak of hope?a return to the old days, or of fear?of those enemies of flesh and blood, and Donald Trump has become their savior, and they his disciples. Nevertheless, church attendance is optional, because the ultimate authority is not scripture. Their theology is soaked in American Exceptionalism, and their God is America."

Sound familiar?

This is a bunch of hoooey.

America is exceptional and so is Israel.
We have been blessed, but now I would say thaahht the focus is on his church and the Gospel and calling the world to repentance

Recovering IFB said:
Christ is doing that now and the nations are not obeying. And we are to be praying for God's will to be done. We are His servants, unless you choose to serve Nero ( the Beast ) hand it seems many haahve accepted his mark.

In the kingdom, all of the nations and every individual in that nation will bow their knee to Christ. We are not there yet.

Reconstructionism has failed. Gary North fled to the fields after his insane predictions of Y2K

The kingdom will not fail and Christ will reign perfectly. He is not establishing ANY man to rule His kingdom.

LongGone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
LongGone said:
FSSL said:

The statement was that the report showed that Syrian refugees were coming through Mexico implying that building the wall would stop these Syrians. Not debating whether they are a threat or not but does this report demonstrate that they are coming through Mexico.

I see.
Arguing the details VS the subject!
Do you have proof that our open border with Mexico somehow prevents Syrian Islamist extremists from entering thru these wide open doors?
The point of the immigration debate was, and is...the door is w i d e open for anyone to enter....for another few weeks at least.
Modify message

Tarheel Baptist said:
Do you have proof that our open border with Mexico somehow prevents Syrian Islamist extremists from entering thru these wide open doors?

<sarcasm>Being the greatest and largest proliferation of illegals across the Mexican border, ISIS has been reluctant to use it.</sarcasm>