So close your eyes and tell me.......

kaba said:
Bruh said:
kaba said:
I remember seeing kids selling candy bars and either wishing I had a dollar or digging in the bottom of my purse for change!!

My brother and I went to Disney Word for coming in 3rd place one year and got BMX bikes.

I'd like to think I had a part in that!! :)

And how exactly?!?  :) Because we sure did stand in front of Aldis for many many hours. 

If you sold any at church, I am sure I bought one IF I had money :)

kaba said:

I don't remember selling any at church but may have.  Thanks for sending us! :)

If you live in the Pine Island apartments I bet you got got.  LOL!!  :)
We use to get inside of a barrel and roll each other down the hill in the back.

Sweet Harriet Goodlow coming in late in her hat and purse, finding her seat next to Coystal.

Smellin Coffee said:
Sweet Harriet Goodlow coming in late in her hat and purse, finding her seat next to Coystal.

Dr. Hyles had pretty good comedic timing.  I remember at the end of a service Dr. Hyles was reading the names of those that had made decisions.  Harriet stood up to put her coat on.  Her coat had leopard like spots on it.  Dr. Hyles quickly yelled and dove behind the pulpit.  He slowly stood up and said, "Oh, sorry, it's just Harriet putting on her coat.  I thought a wild animal was loose in the building".  The place broke out in laughter.....for the rest of the service! 

Bruh said:
kaba said:

Did not live at the Pine Island APartments. We rented a small home in Griffin I believe

kaba said:
Bruh said:
kaba said:

Did not live at the Pine Island APartments. We rented a small home in Griffin I believe

That's GRIFFITH! :)

Home of the greatest "greasy" pizza in America...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Squigis-Pizza-Griffith/141418005067?v=feed&story_fbid=86367924358

I remember Bro. Hyles greeting a visiting delegation and saying, "Bro. John Olsen is going to come out that door right there." And Dr. Olsen would emerge from the door on his left.

Smellin Coffee said:
kaba said:
Bruh said:
kaba said:

That's GRIFFITH! :)

Home of the greatest "greasy" pizza in America...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Squigis-Pizza-Griffith/141418005067?v=feed&story_fbid=86367924358

Thanks :)  It was a cute little house that probably had less than 800 sq ft!

RAIDER said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Dr. Hyles had pretty good comedic timing.  I remember at the end of a service Dr. Hyles was reading the names of those that had made decisions.  Harriet stood up to put her coat on.  Her coat had leopard like spots on it.  Dr. Hyles quickly yelled and dove behind the pulpit.  He slowly stood up and said, "Oh, sorry, it's just Harriet putting on her coat.  I thought a wild animal was loose in the building".  The place broke out in laughter.....for the rest of the service!

Made me laugh, man, made me laugh!

I can see a section on the main floor filled with clean cut Great Lakes Navel Base men.

First thing I see when I imagine fbch auditorium is white and yellow.

I see little kids racing up to the front at invitation time to see who could be the first to get to the baptistery doors to open them for people.

I see the faithful old man who always sat near us with a pocket full of ear plugs. Every time Bro. Hyles would get loud he would put them in.

I remember Ray Young with black hair.

I will never forget the first time I went to pastor's school. The nightly programs were always supposed to be a big surprise. When John Colsten did the scripture reading and prayed he let it slip in his prayer what the program was going to be that night when he prayed for CLA and David Gibbs. The platform men looked a little panicked and Bro. Hyles just came up and said I waited for 30 years to let him pray in church and this is why. He just gave away our program!

I always see Mrs. Hyles sitting in the choir.

It seemed to me that every time I looked at Dr. Jorgenson he was sitting in his chair looking all over the audience like he was in another world.

I remember VBS and the Devil being behind Bro. Hyles and for some reason every time he would turn around he would just miss seeing him.