So close your eyes and tell me.......

I remember a bathroom that I would freshen up in after the bus route. Was always busy, hot and stinky!!

kaba said:
I remember a bathroom that I would freshen up in after the bus route. Was always busy, hot and stinky!!

I remember that, thought about mentioning it, but what an unpleasant memory! I remember I think it was Bro. Moore said once, "That thing smells like a bus route."

Once in awhile I will have nightmares about that place!! Loved it when they finally made a place for resting, tons of mirrors and lots of toilets!!

Bruh said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Bruh said:
I remember convincing Andrew Yoder to let me go to his house to play his Nintendo without telling his parents I was coming over.  LOL!!  Boy were they surprised when I showed up. 

Not part of the OP but............a memory none the less.   

That thing was crazy.  Hooked up to a monitor so they could play games without tv in the house.

When we use to get punished at HBGS the punishment was running laps around the soccer field. 
One day Andrew was running laps, and I stopped him to ask him what he did wrong?  He said nothing I just feel like running laps.  I said to him, what are you stupid?  LOL!!

BWAHAHAHAHA!  Thanks for the laugh.  Yep.  He was like that.  A HACker in Grade School - A Warrior HACker!  :D

You must have been in Sumner's class.

kaba said:
I remember seeing kids selling candy bars and either wishing I had a dollar or digging in the bottom of my purse for change!!

I remember being reprimanded for asking college kids to buy a candy bar because they didn't have any money but would feel bad for not helping out us kids.

I guess my parents were right.  Whaduyaknow about that. 

Bruh said:
kaba said:
I remember seeing kids selling candy bars and either wishing I had a dollar or digging in the bottom of my purse for change!!

My brother and I went to Disney Word for coming in 3rd place one year and got BMX bikes.

In the earlier years, we only got the trip.  We went to Disney and DC.  Thanks for the help, HACkers!  ;D

Tennessean said:
I remember Bro. Hyles greeting a visiting delegation and saying, "Bro. John Olsen is going to come out that door right there." And Dr. Olsen would emerge from the door on his left.

That always cracked me up - especially as a kid.  Did the guy live in the box, like a puppet?

Baptist City Holdout said:
kaba said:

I remember that, thought about mentioning it, but what an unpleasant memory! I remember I think it was Bro. Moore said once, "That thing smells like a bus route."

three fourths of the buildings smelled like a bus route.  ???

Binaca Chugger said:
Bruh said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Bruh said:
I remember convincing Andrew Yoder to let me go to his house to play his Nintendo without telling his parents I was coming over.  LOL!!  Boy were they surprised when I showed up. 

Not part of the OP but............a memory none the less.   

That thing was crazy.  Hooked up to a monitor so they could play games without tv in the house.

When we use to get punished at HBGS the punishment was running laps around the soccer field. 
One day Andrew was running laps, and I stopped him to ask him what he did wrong?  He said nothing I just feel like running laps.  I said to him, what are you stupid?  LOL!!

BWAHAHAHAHA!  Thanks for the laugh.  Yep.  He was like that.  A HACker in Grade School - A Warrior HACker!  :D

You must have been in Sumner's class.

I believe Sumner taught 5th grade maybe 4th I don't remember........Anyway I was in Ms. Mayo's class in 4th grade and Ms. Cogley's class 5th.  That lady right there needed to be on medicine, Mayo that is.  Meanest teacher I have ever had in my life.     

Binaca Chugger said:
Bruh said:
kaba said:

My brother and I went to Disney Word for coming in 3rd place one year and got BMX bikes.

In the earlier years, we only got the trip.  We went to Disney and DC.  Thanks for the help, HACkers!  ;D

I thought a Jorgensen always won the candy sale????

I see the choir member (Bro. Chambers???) who sometimes wore a red sport coat.

patriotic said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Bruh said:
kaba said:

Yep, they did.  My parents use to get so angry because they just knew that their parents bought their candy and and we actually worked for it. 

Bruh said:
patriotic said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Bruh said:
kaba said:

Yep, they did.  My parents use to get so angry because they just knew that their parents bought their candy and and we actually worked for it.

The top 25 sellers would get to go on trips.  Those trips went to Disney, DC and Niagra Falls.  Other prizes were the BMX bikes, and other toys and games.  The school would set out all sorts of toys and encourage the kids to pick a prize and work for it.  There were several HACker families that won trips with great frequency.  Many of them were schooled into believing this was their one opportunity to teach their kids a good work ethic and allow them to go places that the HACker salary could never afford.  Apparently, Bruh was in the top 3 so he could earn both trip and bike along with the Jorgensens and a few other families, some who were not even members of FBC.  Some of us weren't quite as dedicated and just got into the top 25.

patriotic said:
I see the choir member (Bro. Chambers???) who sometimes wore a red sport coat.

That was Pearson who wore the jacket. :)

I loved to hear Mr Chambers sing...........I believe he's in heaven.........

I see & hear a FBCH member, a lady singing, "God will take care of you" about once a year.

I see the ushers moving about the pew with clockwork precision taking the offering each service.

I see the sweetest Lord's Supper Communion in which I have ever participated.