Today's Top News....

16KJV11 said:
WESLEY said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Norefund said:
How does everyone feel about the explanation from WE that Jack Hyles didn't have to accept the eyewitness account because WE had not written down Dave Hyle's license plate number?

My opinion is that Hyles always did whatever he could to deny Dave's actions no matter how credible the source was. Well, not just Dave's. Other sexual predators got the same "hear no evil" treatment too, actually.

Binaca Chugger said:
I am pretty confident that WE has not been preaching out an the past couple years.  His health is really waning.  I don't feel like WE should apologize to the nation.  It seems he has made things right with his daughter and has given formal statements to the powers that be (not a MOG).  I am very happy to hear this.

I don't think that WE was saying that he accepted the account.  Rather, WE pursued it further to get JH to believe.  WE is the one who pushed JH enough to remove DH from the Hammond area.  Sadly, JH found DH a place to prey upon others.

IN FAIRNESS ----

Jack Hyles was dead before Bob Gray's sin became public.  Not sure, but I think it was in 2006.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/former-pastor-talked-openly-with-police-about-sex-charges
But when did Bob Gray get 'called' to become a missionary in Germany? Sometime back in the early 90's?  Was that move to cover the impending crisis?
'92.
He split cuzza da heat.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

One incident listed in the articles is relevant today, IMO.
The incident where current Pastor Wilkerson indicated he would get back to her, and she's still waiting.
A little disappointing to me because I have/had a higher opinion of him and expected more.

AnkleBone said:
GeneFrenkle said:
Now that I am no longer IFB, I have discovered that the exact same issues are in every segment of society.  When people try stating that the IFB is all rotten and try encouraging people to stay away from all IFB peoples and churches, I point out their prejudice.

Which, if true,  proves that the entire IFB is just hokum. The dress code is useless, the daily devotions are useless, baptism by immersion is useless, all the soul winning is useless. None of the IFB culture matters in terms of holiness. In the end, you're just Wendell Evans driving away from a parking lot, failing to stop a sexual predator and being promoted to president of a college as a reward. There  was a Paul, and theere really was a Peter, but they didn't achieve what they achieved by living the IFB way. None of it preserves a soul from sin. None of it is effective to righteousness. Now this time, read the Bible for what it actually SAYS, and you'll come up with a religion very different from the prideful and dead legalism of the IFB,

But OK, just as you pointed out, there is no shred of difference between the IFB and any other depraved and lost soul. And the IFB has certainly proved that. They are the ones who declared themselves holy and different. And you're right. They lied. They lie all the time. They're not holy and they're not different.

Now that is a lot of bitterness spewed out right there!

Blaming every part of a movement for the actions of some is not just.  Most people on this site know that the IFB had failures in the structure of the movement.  This does not mean that every standard held by every member of the movement is pointless.  When you begin to claim that daily devotions are useless, baptism is useless and soulwinning is useless, you are just simply wrong.  Don't blame the core doctrines for the failure of men.

A major failure in the IFB movement is the doctrine that man-made rules are both the cause and result of holiness. This co-incides their doctrine that we are to reject Biblical holiness in favor of man-made rules.

If skirts are long enough and hair is short enough, then lying is all right. If you don't go to movies or listen to certain types of music, disobeying a variety of commands for the sake of the ministry is okay.

Tarheel Baptist said:
The incident where current Pastor Wilkerson indicated he would get back to her, and she's still waiting.
A little disappointing to me because I have/had a higher opinion of him and expected more.

The way I read that, he asked her to assemble a group of people to have a discussion.  Then it stated that she is has not heard back from him.  I would assume that to mean that the ball is in her lap.

Binaca Chugger said:
I would assume that to mean that the ball is in her lap court.

"Court"  Ball is in her court.

From "The American Conservative":

"We may read these stories of sexual abuse in churches, and tell ourselves that if something like that happened in our church, we would stand up for what is right. Maybe so. Maybe you would. But if you think most of the people in your church would do that, or stand by those who did, your optimism is unwarranted."

"One of the hardest life lessons I ever had to learn is that in the main, people prefer to be deceived. They would rather believe a lie that upholds their comfortable lives than face a truth that challenges it."

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/sex-abuse-fundamentalist-baptists/?fbclid=IwAR3hPQ_IWHZr5A0Q5EkQS0XO99HA8K2qgnd3nZalwETHI5SHiaAb9r5dd14

Binaca Chugger said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

The way I read that, he asked her to assemble a group of people to have a discussion.  Then it stated that she is has not heard back from him.  I would assume that to mean that the ball is in her lap.

You read it wrong. It's his job to follow up on this.

AnkleBone said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

You read it wrong. It's his job to follow up on this.

The fact that she has not heard back from him in no way indicates that he has not dealt with the issue within the leadership of the church. How could he possibly make DH make this wrong right?

All he can do is make sure that any  situations like this in the future (God forbid) are dealt with properly. 

Anklebone, you are correct. When John Wilkerson gave an ovation for Dave Hyles, no one objected. When HAC pronounced Dave Hyles unscripturally  restored, no one objected. When HAC awarded eight ungodly students academic awards they hadn't earned, no one objected.

When did HAC pronounce Dave restored?

Vince Massi said:
Anklebone, you are correct. When John Wilkerson gave an ovation for Dave Hyles, no one objected. When HAC pronounced Dave Hyles unscripturally  restored, no one objected. When HAC awarded eight ungodly students academic awards they hadn't earned, no one objected.

Norefund said:

Vince Massi said:
Was the ovation for DH or was it for Mrs. Hyles?

I think they were both, or all 3 actually, standing when they got the ovation.

8. Pastor Wilkerson seems like a genuine and caring pastor. I do not know him well, but he was gracious to me in spite of the fact that a couple of his own staff men would be displeased at him treating me like a human, Just acknowledging our presence, I am sure brought him criticism, but he was gracious anyway, and it allowed others who love us to know we were there so they could greet us. It is evident that he has won the hearts of the people and we are all pleased to see that. When he spoke about God touching his heart at the 1980 Youth Conference when the theme was 'So You Want To Be a Star" I kinda felt that was for me because I was the one who was still leading the Your Conference then.

16KJV11 said:
Norefund said:

Vince Massi said:

Norefund said:

8. Pastor Wilkerson seems like a genuine and caring pastor. I do not know him well, but he was gracious to me in spite of the fact that a couple of his own staff men would be displeased at him treating me like a human, Just acknowledging our presence, I am sure brought him criticism, but he was gracious anyway, and it allowed others who love us to know we were there so they could greet us. It is evident that he has won the hearts of the people and we are all pleased to see that. When he spoke about God touching his heart at the 1980 Youth Conference when the theme was 'So You Want To Be a Star" I kinda felt that was for me because I was the one who was still leading the Your Conference then.

16KJV11 said:
Norefund said:

Vince Massi said:

I honestly believe that Bro. Wilkerson would have recognized Dave Hyles had he been there alone, but there would not have been any applause
B/C Mrs. Hyles was there, I believe he was showing respect unto her.
To read into that situation any more than showing graciousness to a former pastor's wife is not using  rightious judgment that Jesus speaks about John 7:24.

I think the applause was for Mrs. Hyles and I have no idea if JW would have had Dave stand had he been alone.

16KJV11 said:
Norefund said:

16KJV11 said:
Norefund said:

Vince Massi said:

I honestly believe that Bro. Wilkerson would have recognized Dave Hyles had he been there alone, but there would not have been any applause
B/C Mrs. Hyles was there, I believe he was showing respect unto her.
To read into that situation any more than showing graciousness to a former pastor's wife is not using  rightious judgment that Jesus speaks about John 7:24.