Does God learn?

praise_yeshua said:
FSSL said:
Your analogy was not even a loose one.

If God did not direct the movie, then His knowledge was sequential and limited.

Your god is too small.

Funny. You refused to answer my last question. Why have you taken this topic up with a novice? Is it because you feel you have an advantage?

All things are sequential. Even memory is sequential. One thought begats another thought. This is something very easily understood and yet you refuse to acknowledge it?

Why?
Refused to answer it... or it got buried... or I was busy... or I didn't see the reply... take your pick.

Step aside padawan Bo... your disturbed jedi is here to help ya learn the ways of the dark side :) lol

God's knowledge cannot be sequential. Omniscience demands that the knowledge be full, complete and utterly comprehensive at all times from eternity past.

When you argue that God's knowledge looks like man's knowledge... you move man up to God's level and bring God down to man's.

praise_yeshua said:
FSSL said:
I have a good friend that was not convinced of the idea of the Doctrines of Grace.

He told me, "Since I do not have this settled in my mind yet, my 'default position' is that the Sovereignty of God's will ranks above man's will."

Those who come to the initial conclusion that man's will trumps God, must reevaluate the false teachers in their lives.

Its a good thing your "friend" isn't convinced of a lie! Do you enjoy lying to your friend?

God's Sovereign action in humanity is to grant man freewill. Man can operate within the boundaries of God's Sovereign action. What you're saying is nothing more than child saying the boogie man exists because its dark outside.
Isn't a default position that seeks to keep God preeminent a safe position?

My friend is fully convinced of the Doctrines of Grace today.

rsc2a said:
God's sovereign action is to not be sovereign?
Boom! That question highlights the absurdity of those who really are just twisting words to make God smaller.
FSSL said:
praise_yeshua said:
FSSL said:

Your god is too small.

Funny. You refused to answer my last question. Why have you taken this topic up with a novice? Is it because you feel you have an advantage?

All things are sequential. Even memory is sequential. One thought begats another thought. This is something very easily understood and yet you refuse to acknowledge it?

Why?
Refused to answer it... or it got buried... or I was busy... or I didn't see the reply... take your pick.

Step aside padawan Bo... your disturbed jedi is here to help ya learn the ways of the dark side :) lol

God's knowledge cannot be sequential. Omniscience demands that the knowledge be full, complete and utterly comprehensive at all times from eternity past.

When you argue that God's knowledge looks like man's knowledge... you move man up to God's level and bring God down to man's.

FSSL said:
praise_yeshua said:
FSSL said:
I have a good friend that was not convinced of the idea of the Doctrines of Grace.

He told me, "Since I do not have this settled in my mind yet, my 'default position' is that the Sovereignty of God's will ranks above man's will."

Those who come to the initial conclusion that man's will trumps God, must reevaluate the false teachers in their lives.

Its a good thing your "friend" isn't convinced of a lie! Do you enjoy lying to your friend?

God's Sovereign action in humanity is to grant man freewill. Man can operate within the boundaries of God's Sovereign action. What you're saying is nothing more than child saying the boogie man exists because its dark outside.
Isn't a default position that seeks to keep God preeminent a safe position?

My friend is fully convinced of the Doctrines of Grace today.

Why did you block my IP?

Why are you being "safe"?? Paul wasn't "safe? Paul lost his head for what he believed.

Calvinist have never made God preeminent in anything. Its all illusions.

FSSL said:
rsc2a said:
Boom! That question highlights the absurdity of those who really are just twisting words to make God smaller.
FSSL said:
praise_yeshua said:
FSSL said:

Your god is too small.

Why?

I imagine God wasn't sovereign when He allowed sin into the world?

Sin operates within boundaries defined by God. This in no way upends God's Sovereignty. You really shouldn't listen to that nut!

praise_yeshua said:
FSSL said:
rsc2a said:
FSSL said:
praise_yeshua said:
FSSL said:

Your god is too small.

Why?

I imagine God wasn't sovereign when He allowed sin into the world?

Sin operates within boundaries defined by God. This in no way upends God's Sovereignty. You really shouldn't listen to that nut!

Why wouldn't you imagine that?

praise_yeshua said:
Why did you block my IP?

Why do you always assume the absurd?

There may have been a spike in traffic on the server... checking this out.

FSSL said:
praise_yeshua said:
Why did you block my IP?

Why do you always assume the absurd?

There may have been a spike in traffic on the server... checking this out.

I know enough to know the difference. Maybe its your automated IPS. I assumed you blocked me. If it is your IPS, I'm sorry for jumping the gun.

Nope. I didn't block you.
No problem. Glad you understand.

FSSL said:
Nope. I didn't block you.
No problem. Glad you understand.

I'm blocked either way. Its obvious you don't care to fix it or don't know how. Either one doesn't get me anywhere. I'm sure its not high on your list to fix. I've been doing this long enough to know where the problem is....

I can't even ping your server. The trace stops on your segment. I can from a different IP block.

Whatever.... enjoy your delusion.

.... or I cannot do anything through my phone.
I just got to an open wifi at our church and will unblock your IP.

I don't get your issue... you certainly are posting... so if one of your IPs is blocked, boo hoo.

Ransom said:
praise_yeshua said:
I'm blocked either way.

Yeah, we can tell. [rolls eyes]

I'm using a proxy. I generally don't use a proxy. I prefer not to use a proxy. If I have to.... I will. I just think its stupid.

FSSL said:
I whitelisted you and the firewall is open to you.

Get a hold of your IPS.... and no. I didn't write IPs.

IPS stands for Intrusion Prevention Services. Do some research. I'm still blocked. Now that I know, I can use a proxy.

Thanks for the info. PM me your preferred IP so that I can get tech support on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

praise_yeshua said:
FSSL said:
I whitelisted you and the firewall is open to you.

Get a hold of your IPS.... and no. I didn't write IPs.

IPS stands for Intrusion Prevention Services. Do some research. I'm still blocked. Now that I know, I can use a proxy.

Here, have a nice bowl of these, the blockage will be history.  :) :) :)

prunes_plums.jpg

FSSL said:
praise_yeshua said:
FSSL said:

Your god is too small.

Why?

lol...well I appreciate his stepping in to help....

but novice or no novice.....it just doesn't make sense to believe that God uses constant mind control and forces all of our decisions on us...and its totally against the whole reason for the bible......salvation

God predestined all things... even everything you did today...

Did you fight against it? Nope. You did what you wanted to do.

FSSL said:
God predestined all things... even everything you did today...

Did you fight against it? Nope. You did what you wanted to do.

I just don't believe it.....and im not limiting God by NO MEANS! 

does He know everything im going to do?  yes! 

does He control everything im going to do?  no!

just because He knows the choices ill make and knows the choices EVERYONE will make....doesn't mean He forces them on us....

if that's the case....there would be no need for salvation.....or for Him sharing His plan of salvation....

it just don't add up....explain why if we have no choice in the matter He gave us the plan of salvation?
if we have no choice....why give us commandments?
why give Himself on the cross to offer us salvation?
why give us the Bible period?
why give us earthly life?

it simply makes no sense...