Vince Massi

• Standing Ovation? +36/-7
Re: Longview Relinquishes the Short View?
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2019, 09:21:28 AM »
When some students with large bus routes dropped a student off ten miles from the college, the procedure was simple: 50 demerits for inappropriate practical joke (100 demerits was expulsion). Jim Vineyard insisted that he would take care of it.

Jim took the moral high ground. He accused the student of being a sex deviate, chewed him out, forbad him to tell anyone what had happened, and protected the first members of Vineyard's gangsters. The gangsters continued to attack and harass students, and Jim was always there to protect them. He took the moral high ground, slandering students from the pulpit and attaching permanent slanders to the transcripts of students who objected to his sins.

Gangsters got away with beating up two security guards who objected to their sins, and gang members were publicly honored with academic awards earned by other students. Records and grades were falsified, and bus routes were added to the gangsters' routes so the college could lie that they deserved the credit.

And how was this sin justified? Soul-winning. The gangsters were Godly because they were getting people saved--the students who opposed their sins were ungodly, because they were willing to decrease soul-winning by having violent gang members expelled. The people who practiced gang violence held the moral high ground.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 09:28:49 AM by Vince Massi »

Baptist City Holdout

• Standing Ovation? +105/-0
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2019, 09:42:00 AM »
I just listened to a 31 minute sermon.
Where is the sermon that goes to 1:20?

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk
I think I see what you're asking. It is one hour and twenty minutes into the entire service to which I refer.

prophet

• Standing Ovation? +373/-5
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2019, 09:44:59 AM »

I think I see what you're asking. It is one hour and twenty minutes into the entire service to which I refer.
Ok.
The link went to the sermon  only

Baptist City Holdout

• Standing Ovation? +105/-0
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2019, 10:08:59 AM »

Ok.
The link went to the sermon  only

WOW! Didn't even plan that.

Twisted

• Standing Ovation? +97/-2
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2019, 10:16:11 AM »
When some students with large bus routes dropped a student off ten miles from the college, the procedure was simple: 50 demerits for inappropriate practical joke (100 demerits was expulsion). Jim Vineyard insisted that he would take care of it.

Jim took the moral high ground. He accused the student of being a sex deviate, chewed him out, forbad him to tell anyone what had happened, and protected the first members of Vineyard's gangsters. The gangsters continued to attack and harass students, and Jim was always there to protect them. He took the moral high ground, slandering students from the pulpit and attaching permanent slanders to the transcripts of students who objected to his sins.

Gangsters got away with beating up two security guards who objected to their sins, and gang members were publicly honored with academic awards earned by other students. Records and grades were falsified, and bus routes were added to the gangsters' routes so the college could lie that they deserved the credit.

And how was this sin justified? Soul-winning. The gangsters were Godly because they were getting people saved--the students who opposed their sins were ungodly, because they were willing to decrease soul-winning by having violent gang members expelled. The people who practiced gang violence held the moral high ground.

Definitely off his meds.
"And they call *ME* crazy!"

Vince Massi

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2019, 09:36:11 AM »
For those who came in late, I'm backing Bob Gray II in his repudiation of ruling a church through fear.

There is some tendency of Ruckmanite preachers to use the argument "Why are you listening to someone who doesn't respect the KJV anyway?" Bypassing the fact that most Christians do respect the KJV, the argument is invalid: God never told you to respect the KJV.

But the speaker actually means that he has rejected the Word of God in favor of the KJV. He is taking the moral high ground (I'm better than you, and I can prove it--I only use the KJV) by doing something wrong.

Vince Massi

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2019, 09:17:37 AM »
I do not know if Ruckmanite leaders will attack Gray II or ignore him. But if they do attack him, they will be taking the moral high ground, claiming that their sins are better than doing right, because they increase soul-winning.

But I have heard arguments in favor of this. We are dealing with eternity; if we destroy the ministries of a few Godly servants of Christ in return for having hundreds more people spending eternity in Heaven, simple arithmetic tells us that sin is better than righteousness. If disobeying God and rejecting certain Scriptures ("Above all things have fervent charity among yourselves") gets more people saved, than disobeying God is better than obeying Him.

Of course you can show from Scripture that this is wrong. But you can show from arithmetic that God's Word is wrong.  This, essentially, is the moral high ground.

Ransom

• Standing Ovation? +448/-22
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2019, 02:54:27 PM »
I do not know if Ruckmanite leaders will attack Gray II or ignore him.

I do not care if Ruckmanite leaders will attack Gray II or ignore him.
Take care,
Scott

insanely liberal - ALAYMAN
little runt bully - The Rogue Tomato

Twisted

• Standing Ovation? +97/-2
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2019, 03:25:17 PM »
I do not know if Ruckmanite leaders will attack Gray II or ignore him.

"And they call *ME* crazy!"