Man without a country

• Standing Ovation? +0/-0
New boy from Georgia
« on: July 02, 2019, 12:10:31 PM »
I've been reading (lurking?) the posts for a while and decided to join. I like the preaching at IFB churches but have problems with stuff like encouraging a kid to drop$40-50K on a "degree" that is perfect if the kid is certain that they have been called to minister in an IFB church. I had no idea what I wanted to do at 18. Also, too many "doctors" in the IFB ranks.

The honorable Rev. FSSL, Litt.D., Hon.D.

• Standing Ovation? +177/-671
Re: New boy from Georgia
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 12:11:40 PM »
Also, too many "doctors" in the IFB ranks.

Welcome!
After 1,000 posts, you can become a doctor, too! LOL!
WELCOME TO OUR FORUM! I am the resident "skeptic, critic, purveyor of doubt, self-contradicting, silly, weak-minded, ridiculous, inconsistent, superstitious zealot, deceptive equivocator, hell-bent, disbeliever, contemptuous, doubter, hypocrite, thumb twittler, lying, jackass...

Twisted

• Standing Ovation? +97/-2
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 12:14:25 PM »

Welcome!

Bro, it's 2,000 posts.
"And they call *ME* crazy?"

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 12:18:17 PM »

Welcome!

Ha! I set it up and cannot remember!!

Bro, it's 2,000 posts.
WELCOME TO OUR FORUM! I am the resident "skeptic, critic, purveyor of doubt, self-contradicting, silly, weak-minded, ridiculous, inconsistent, superstitious zealot, deceptive equivocator, hell-bent, disbeliever, contemptuous, doubter, hypocrite, thumb twittler, lying, jackass...

Man without a country

• Standing Ovation? +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 12:48:41 PM »
Thanks, I just knew all the IFB doctors worked hard to get theirs and now I can too.

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 03:48:36 PM »
Thanks, I just knew all the IFB doctors worked hard to get theirs and now I can too.

I think our standard for a doctorate is akin to Hyles' doctorates. Jack gave a doctorate to John R Rice's horse. Even an A$$ on this forum can get one!