ifbteaparty

The Girl(s)
« on: March 23, 2013, 07:55:28 PM »
I am not defending Schaap in any way, shape, or form. I just want to give a different perspective on this. This "innocent" 17 year old young participated in this activity with a married man. Obviously, Jack the Deceiver coached her into it as evidence of the testimony of the court.

But I have my doubts this girl was an innocent girl who had never even touched another guy. It is obvious that this girl was very troubled. It is also obvious from Schaap's blasphemous last sermon that he was having conversations with many teenagers who were sexually active. It is my opinion that there are probably other girls he spent with "in the woods while walking with God" or at his cabin or at his home or at his office. If I were Pastor Wilkerson, I wouldn't bring a black light into that office!

Schaap has done extreme damage to this young woman, no doubt about it. But let's not jump on the media's bandwagon and act like this was a girl who was as clean as the wind driven snow. Neither the media nor any of us know anything about this young woman.

Sherryh

• Standing Ovation? +246/-1
Re: The Girl(s)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 08:52:58 PM »
You may be on to something..........truth always raises to the top. There are several posts on monies, and etc. I think we have just touched the surface which can be shocking to his family..........no winners here!!

JrChurch

• Standing Ovation? +341/-1
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 10:25:50 PM »
Fortunately, the law and the court recognize that a youth's history is not a factor when an adult abuses them. 

Sherryh

• Standing Ovation? +246/-1
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 11:38:04 PM »
Excellent post............she went for counseling not what happened. He crossed the line........the staff that covered for him will be exposed...justice takes time

rsc2a

• Standing Ovation? +380/-112
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 11:03:34 AM »
I am not defending Schaap in any way, shape, or form. I just want to give a different perspective on this. This "innocent" 17 year old young participated in this activity with a married man. Obviously, Jack the Deceiver coached her into it as evidence of the testimony of the court.

But I have my doubts this girl was an innocent girl who had never even touched another guy. It is obvious that this girl was very troubled. It is also obvious from Schaap's blasphemous last sermon that he was having conversations with many teenagers who were sexually active. It is my opinion that there are probably other girls he spent with "in the woods while walking with God" or at his cabin or at his home or at his office. If I were Pastor Wilkerson, I wouldn't bring a black light into that office!

Schaap has done extreme damage to this young woman, no doubt about it. But let's not jump on the media's bandwagon and act like this was a girl who was as clean as the wind driven snow. Neither the media nor any of us know anything about this young woman.

^^ This is why many people find fundamentalism disgusting.
"So let's suppose I raped your family." - Ransom

myeyesareopen

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 01:17:50 PM »
The staff member who faithfully transported the girl with no questions asked because it was what Preacher wanted....she will not be made to answer for her willful ignorance in this life because she 'sang' in exchange for clemency.

tobytyler

• Standing Ovation? +16/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 03:11:20 PM »
The staff member who faithfully transported the girl with no questions asked because it was what Preacher wanted....she will not be made to answer for her willful ignorance in this life because she 'sang' in exchange for clemency.

Court records report that the 63 year old female transported the girl across state lines, but later was to report an amber alert on the girl when Schaap failed to return her.  She may have been a bit naive by obeying Schaap's every command, but she wasn't completely ignorant when she realized that something had gone awry.   Schaap had a way of manipulating many, even thousands.  In this case, he not only manipulated the victim, but also a staff member.

Honey Badger

• Standing Ovation? +14/-1
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 08:50:11 PM »

I am getting a bit irritated by people who want to blame the girl or her parents...also irritated with people who think Schaap was caught on a technicality and didn't really break any laws. Look buddy, maybe you should write your congressmen and senators to get the laws changed so victims can share the blame, amen? The law is the law for a reason, like Judge Lozano said, to PROTECT CHILDREN!

qwerty

• Standing Ovation? +164/-6
Re: Re: The Girl(s)
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 09:42:31 PM »

I am getting a bit irritated by people who want to blame the girl or her parents...also irritated with people who think Schaap was caught on a technicality and didn't really break any laws. Look buddy, maybe you should write your congressmen and senators to get the laws changed so victims can share the blame, amen? The law is the law for a reason, like Judge Lozano said, to PROTECT CHILDREN!

You may want to step away from the Internet for awhile if differing opinions are so upsetting to you.

Binaca Chugger

• Standing Ovation? +380/-3
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 12:06:59 AM »
It is definitely true that 16 year old girls today are no where near as innocent as they were 60 years ago.  Over half of 16 year olds in American school systems have engaged in sexual activity.

Yes, some teenage girls have seduced older men.  Yes, some 18+ age women have developed infatuations with men in position and power and sought to have the infatuation reciprocated.  Yes, this has happened in religious circles.  Yes, in some circumstances, the girls have admitted to such an intent.

However, as a counselor, especially as a Biblical counselor, measures must be taken, and are taken by reputable counselors, to avoid any such measures as what happened.  The counselor is responsible to help the hurting, not hurt the hurting.  Even if he is being seduced, he has a responsibility as a counselor (not to mention Pastor) to say no and take measures to get the girl help in a manner that would remove himself or any other man from the process.  He failed in his responsibility.

Jack Schaap on the other hand, has a reputation for sexually explicit methods of counseling which goes back several years.  There is plenty of evidence to suggest that JS developed an infatuation with this girl and began to act upon that infatuation.  His cunning and charisma joined forces with his position and power to help him get what he wanted.  This is a crime.  His sentence is not because he was an old man who was inappropriate with a young girl.  His sentence was because he abused his position as a trusted counselor, convinced the girl to engage in the activity, refused to come clean, threatened and fired those who questioned his activity and sought to remove evidence of his activity.  All of these are signs that he full well understood he was doing something wrong.
Not that I'm saying, but I'm just saying that that's what they say.