myeyesareopen

Re: The Girl(s)
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2013, 12:41:01 PM »
I think some people believe that when they get to Heaven, Jesus is going to pull out a little scale. You know, a "righteousness scale". He will then figure out what percentage of his death was for each person...you know, he'll say, "Let's see now, you never had sex before you were married! Well, I had to die less for you, then, that's for sure!"  And they think they are going to stand there and bask in the glow of how much better they were than other miserable sinners who needed more of Jesus' death...

Baptist City Holdout

• Standing Ovation? +105/-0
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2013, 01:12:05 PM »
I am not defending Schaap in any way, shape, or form. I just want to give a different perspective on this. This "innocent" 17 year old young participated in this activity with a married man. Obviously, Jack the Deceiver coached her into it as evidence of the testimony of the court.

But I have my doubts this girl was an innocent girl who had never even touched another guy. It is obvious that this girl was very troubled. It is also obvious from Schaap's blasphemous last sermon that he was having conversations with many teenagers who were sexually active. It is my opinion that there are probably other girls he spent with "in the woods while walking with God" or at his cabin or at his home or at his office. If I were Pastor Wilkerson, I wouldn't bring a black light into that office!

Schaap has done extreme damage to this young woman, no doubt about it. But let's not jump on the media's bandwagon and act like this was a girl who was as clean as the wind driven snow. Neither the media nor any of us know anything about this young woman.

Not sorry, here folks. He was 54; she was 16 going on 17. Who was the one to take the lead in this situation?

remnant

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2013, 01:22:43 PM »
Who was the one to take the lead in this situation?
To answer your question:
God created man in His image; the woman was taken from the rib of man. Adam was held responsible for the fall of man, not Eve; man is the one that should always be held accountable, not the woman.

rsc2a

• Standing Ovation? +380/-112
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2013, 01:26:27 PM »
...man is the one that should always be held accountable, not the woman.

No.
"So let's suppose I raped your family." - Ransom

Baptist City Holdout

• Standing Ovation? +105/-0
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2013, 01:30:30 PM »

Second, to answer your question, Yes. There is a sizeable faction of people who blame the girl, who have shunned her and her family, who have caused her family to be driven from the church, who unquestioningly support JS and suport him blindly to this day and forever, and who very ignorantly think that were it not for this girl, all would have otherwise been well. So in their eyes, she 'ruined everything'.

a sizeable faction of people who blame the girl, have a lot of maturing to do.

remnant

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2013, 01:33:11 PM »
No.
Then you disagree with God (not to mention cutting out the rest of the quote, which is a Scriptural principle).

rsc2a

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2013, 01:45:54 PM »
No.
Then you disagree with God (not to mention cutting out the rest of the quote, which is a Scriptural principle).

Are you now God?

Norefund

• Standing Ovation? +58/-0
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2013, 01:53:20 PM »
But let's not jump on the media's bandwagon and act like this was a girl who was as clean as the wind driven snow.

Please give some links showing examples where the media described the girl this way. Is it possible that you are allowing statements from Schaap supporters to influence what you think you read?
If you don't expect too much from me, you might not be let down

remnant

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2013, 01:54:15 PM »
No.
Are you now God?
My response to Baptist City Holdout below; but perhaps you are the one making such an attempt and a false one at that.
To answer your question:
God created man in His image; the woman was taken from the rib of man. Adam was held responsible for the fall of man, not Eve; man is the one that should always be held accountable, not the woman.

rsc2a

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2013, 01:56:01 PM »
No.
Are you now God?
My response to Baptist City Holdout below; but perhaps you are the one making such an attempt and a false one at that.
To answer your question:

I remember the quote. You're still wrong.