RAIDER

• Standing Ovation? +253/-6
Re: The Hacker Dictionary Word of the Day!
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 11:04:22 AM »
May I suggest, you have to have a great title thread name for it. You should call it "RAIDER's HACtionary"!

I was going to use the word "Hactionary" but I thought it might be a bit confusing to the brethern. :)

Smellin Coffee

• Standing Ovation? +468/-7
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 11:08:40 AM »
May I suggest, you have to have a great title thread name for it. You should call it "RAIDER's HACtionary"!

I was going to use the word "Hactionary" but I thought it might be a bit confusing to the brethern. :)

Gotcha. However, I hope the "Hacker Dictionary" doesn't include quit and compromise. I ran out of white-out to wipe them off my screen should they be a couple of the defined words.
“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” ~ Upton Sinclair

RAIDER

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 11:13:49 AM »

Gotcha. However, I hope the "Hacker Dictionary" doesn't include quit and compromise. I ran out of white-out to wipe them off my screen should they be a couple of the defined words.

Just be ready for your daily dose of Hackerism!!

sword

• Standing Ovation? +133/-1
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 11:49:41 AM »

At one word a day it will take years for me to earn an honorary doctorate from Raider-U.

In 5 yrs I will only know 1825 words from the Hacker lexicon.

I don't have that kinda time. I need more.   

Smellin Coffee

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 11:52:45 AM »

At one word a day it will take years for me to earn an honorary doctorate from Raider-U.

Maybe RAIDER can put them each on a 3 X 5 index card for the front shirt pocket and put them in the mail along with our Wisdom Manual entries.
“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” ~ Upton Sinclair

RAIDER

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 12:31:20 PM »

Hang on my friend.  We must allow time for the Hacker Nation to properly define each word.  The night shift needs a chance.  We are not out for a quick 1-2-3 memorize-after-me method.  We want each of these words to become a part of your everyday lingo.

Smellin Coffee

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 12:38:17 PM »

Hang on my friend.  We must allow time for the Hacker Nation to properly define each word.  The night shift needs a chance.  We are not out for a quick 1-2-3 memorize-after-me method.  We want each of these words to become a part of your everyday lingo.

Burn 'em!!!

RAIDER

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 12:49:32 PM »

Burn 'em!!!

I tried to be gentle.  :)

CONSPIRATOR

• Standing Ovation? +12/-0
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 03:36:55 PM »
Mezzarack

The best hour of sleep in a Hacker's week.

RAIDER

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2014, 09:56:18 AM »
Word of the Day - March 26, 2014

Haaaaymen