Be hard to pastor from a jail cell.
"And they call *ME* crazy?"

Tanner

• Standing Ovation? +3/-0
Re: Bob Ross is Out
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 11:40:58 AM »
Resigned last night

Be hard to pastor from a jail cell.

I think he will plead guilty and get a little probation. The max sentence is only one year in jail.   

Just me

• Standing Ovation? +39/-2
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 06:14:20 PM »
So glad to hear he is no longer the pastor there.  Now I hope they can do better this time selecting a new pastor!!

fishinnut

• Standing Ovation? +156/-11
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 08:15:57 PM »
So glad to hear he is no longer the pastor there.  Now I hope they can do better this time selecting a new pastor!!
I don't think the fella named Ichabod is still available.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 10:31:43 PM by fishinnut »
As always...just my opinion.

Fishin' isn't for everyone, but soul-winners could learn many a lesson from it.

Tanner

• Standing Ovation? +3/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 12:26:40 PM »
This closes a dark chapter in the history of a church I once loved.   I saw many bad things come out when our pastor died in jail.   I was optimistic that Ross would come help heal the church move away from the darkness.   In my opinion he made it worse and protected people that helped facilitate the evil, that had taken place.     
We left the church and stayed in touch with a few people inside, Ross continued to hurt people and divide families.  When all this new stuff came out I was hoping it would close the church. 
Now that he has resigned, I have closure on that chapter.   All of our remaining friends have left the church.  I no longer have a dog in the hunt.  I wish them well and hope they do a better job of replacing him, than we did last time. 

Walt

• Standing Ovation? +140/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 05:51:50 PM »

I honestly don't know that much about him; I've heard him preach once or twice I think, but because he defended the Vineyard regime, I was uneasy about him.

I pray that the church will see someone committed to exalting Christ and Him alone.

Walt

• Standing Ovation? +140/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 05:53:30 PM »
This closes a dark chapter in the history of a church I once loved.   I saw many bad things come out when our pastor died in jail.   I was optimistic that Ross would come help heal the church move away from the darkness.   In my opinion he made it worse and protected people that helped facilitate the evil, that had taken place.     
We left the church and stayed in touch with a few people inside, Ross continued to hurt people and divide families.  When all this new stuff came out I was hoping it would close the church. 
Now that he has resigned, I have closure on that chapter.   All of our remaining friends have left the church.  I no longer have a dog in the hunt.  I wish them well and hope they do a better job of replacing him, than we did last time.

Well said. Thank you for the updates; you turned out to be right in what you said.

The only good thing I can say at this point about him is that at least he had the decency to resign instead of declaring that ungodly forces were just out to get him.

Hope

• Standing Ovation? +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 05:23:05 PM »

I honestly don't know that much about him; I've heard him preach once or twice I think, but because he defended the Vineyard regime, I was uneasy about him.

I pray that the church will see someone committed to exalting Christ and Him alone.
Amen.

I've been quietly reading in the background with mixed emotions. The closing of Windsor Hills (eventhough there are still some Kool-aid drinkers in the grips of Tom Vineyard), and now Bob Ross revealed. 

So very relieved these men and their vile ministries have lost the bulk of their influence, but at the same time, I weep that God's name is being "blasphemed among the heathen."   I have seen over and over again God somehow get the glory out of so many horrible situations, and I truly pray that He will be exalted through all this.

This must be our prayer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just me

• Standing Ovation? +39/-2
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 05:33:56 PM »
As for Tom and those who followed him up to the new location, their circle of influence is oh so small these days!!  OBC is just down to a couple students and they are doing classes by correspondence so it is back to its Institute days.  The church runs a single buss on Sundays and the church school has its lowest numbers in years.  All of which I am personally very thankful for. 

But now the question, "Will Ross return to Okc and Tom?"