Will you boycott Target....

bgwilkinson said:
I think boycotts are a bit silly.

Let me recount a boycott that Bro. Hyles started against White Hen Pantry a convieniance store on columbia Ave in Hammond.

He always went in there on his way to the church.

Well one day he notice a men's magazine displaying all the things men should not look at, unless it is their wives.

He got up in church and railed about it and got us to write nasty letters threatening to  never shop there again.

Crazy thing was he was probably the only church person that shopped there.

Well the result was they put the magazines under the counter. Bro. Hyles claimed he had won and they had removed them from the store.

It was a win win. Bro. Hyles got to look important and the store got to appear to cooperate to clean up the morals of the neighborhood.

It was not but a few months later that those magazines all came back front and center with a vengeance.

They stayed there until the store closed about 25 years latter.

All that boycott did was make us look bad to the store owner and make Bro. Hyles look like a tough guy to the church.

So it was not really a win win, it was a lose lose.

loose  :) :)

Forgot to mention that while we were threatening to boycott we had to go by there more often to see if they still had the magazines on sale.
I think they probably gained business over the kerfuffle.

We sure were stupid.

Many of us started 'boycotting' years ago when the first grocery store we went to started selling liquor. I remember the sermons and the furor over having a christmas party at a restaurant that sold 'liquor'. Now, I don't think you can go to a large grocery store that doesn't sell it.

I am inconsistent, for sure, but I have chosen NOT to go to Target ever again. I chose a while back never to go to Starucks and have only backslidden once or twice. I am sure that some of the places I go and spend money are probably Hillary supporters or Bernie supporters and if I am made aware I will probably not go there either. It is my small way of sticking with 'old paths'! (even though I detest the term and the people who promote it)

qwerty said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Baptist City Holdout said:
Maybe it's been covered, but Target, Paypal, Ebay, Coca Cola, Facebook and the list goes on and on for advancing lib erl causes.  Will your ministry stop taking payments through Pay Pal?

Precisely. I've no problem with people choosing to boycott, just be consistent.

Also, i don't know if it happened nationwide, but in my area, Target merged their Pharmacy with CVS. I've yet to see anyone mention that CVS should be boycotted as well since they are in tandem.

There was NO merger. CVS made an acquisition of Target pharmacies and clinics. CVS is operating as a "store within a store"; they are two separate entities.  It's a little unfortunate since their pharmacy rewards program coupled with the RedCard was pretty awesome. Loved the 10% off days.

Gotcha. I wasn't sure if it was a merger. Thanks for clarifying.

Inconsistency seems to go both ways:

http://dailysignal.com/2016/04/25/16-pro-lgbt-businesses-that-operate-in-countries-with-poor-human-rights-records/?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MorningBell&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTVdZMU5HUmpNemM0T1RNNSIsInQiOiIrS0ZoQTBVdGswc0FCUnF5Ym80TERwRiswa0wyRjNIckNMQVV0ZHZFcVFaeTNNRHJTekJvZU5jdjN6RTA1VmRCdzZoNFJjZkhxWlFSQ0N3WWZTOUNIZjlDM0ZSMmw2R2lIV2hGMHcrT3FlST0ifQ%3D%3D

Tarheel Baptist said:
Inconsistency seems to go both ways:

http://dailysignal.com/2016/04/25/16-pro-lgbt-businesses-that-operate-in-countries-with-poor-human-rights-records/?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MorningBell&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTVdZMU5HUmpNemM0T1RNNSIsInQiOiIrS0ZoQTBVdGswc0FCUnF5Ym80TERwRiswa0wyRjNIckNMQVV0ZHZFcVFaeTNNRHJTekJvZU5jdjN6RTA1VmRCdzZoNFJjZkhxWlFSQ0N3WWZTOUNIZjlDM0ZSMmw2R2lIV2hGMHcrT3FlST0ifQ%3D%3D

Absolutely.

I've mentioned before how these liberal entertainers are boycotting NC, refusing to accept the business of the state's citizens in reaction to the HB2 bill and yet, they chirped about Indiana (IIRC) bakeries who refuse to do business with a gay wedding party. That is being hypocritical in my book.

Tom Brennan said:
Yes. After checking my records I spend $4000 a year at Target. Amazon, here we come...

Amazon one of 11 of the most LGBT-friendly U.S. companies:
http://mic.com/articles/12108/11-business-leaders-that-put-anti-gay-companies-like-chick-fil-a-to-shame#.xrs4b0O2F

Amazon, Apple And Netflix Are Among LGBT Community?s Top-Perceived Brands:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/10/yougov-lgbt-brands-ranking-_n_7554552.html

The Ten Most Innovative Companies and the LGBTs Who Got Them to the Top:
http://www.advocate.com/print-issue/current-issue/2012/09/12/ten-most-innovative-companies-and-lgbts-who-got-them-top

Don't know if you're allowing them to sell your books, but if you are.....well, several words and phrases come to mind.

You boycott supporters also need to know that 2.5 million dollars of the money you spend on Amazon went to support same-sex marriage.
http://lubbockonline.com/filed-online/2012-07-27/amazon-ceo-and-wife-donates-25-million-defend-washington-gay-marriage-law

My wife and I will no longer be shopping at Target.  We are not big Walmart fans.  The Target stores are always cleaner and the employees seem more professional.  We hate to leave but this new policy is not right.

What we will be doing is not so much a boycott as just simply not going there. If I need a product I will buy it.
Since everything found at Target can be purchased somewhere else I will simply purchase it somewhere else.

I don't shop at Target or CVS, and haven't for years.
I instinctively know where I'm not wanted.

I hate Wal-Mart, and consider Capitalism to be inherently evil, and the right wing of the destructive Gov. Controlled economics, across from its cohort, Communism.

We try to seek out local businesses, family run, etc.

It's about the person to me.

I want to develop relationships with people, seek out excellent people, and interact with those who are honest and sincere.

Am I officially boycotting?

No.

But I won't walk into those places.

earnestly contend

prophet said:

I hate Wal-Mart, and consider Capitalism to be inherently evil, and the right wing of the destructive Gov. Controlled economics, across from its cohort, Communism.

I want to develop relationships with people, seek out excellent people, and interact with those who are honest and sincere.

No.

earnestly contend

Prophet, one day I expect we'll be seeing you on one of those TLC programs where people think they are living "off the grid".
Please don't make it the "Naked and Afraid" show.

Seriously, I seldom shop at Walmart either. I *might* walk into a Walmart half a dozen times in 12 months.  I generally walk out again in about 10 minutes, unless I actually make a purchase. Then it's usually about a 45 minute wait in line.

patriotic said:
Seriously, I seldom shop at Walmart either. I *might* walk into a Walmart half a dozen times in 12 months.  I generally walk out again in about 10 minutes, unless I actually make a purchase. Then it's usually about a 45 minute wait in line.

I believe we have seen some photos of you titled Wal Martians.

RAIDER said:
patriotic said:

I believe we have seen some photos of you titled Wal Martians.

Nope. Perhaps folk who live in the same state as I, but those photos are not of me.

patriotic said:
prophet said:

No.

earnestly contend

Prophet, one day I expect we'll be seeing you on one of those TLC programs where people think they are living "off the grid".

I promise to wear my breech clout, and not be afraid....

earnestly contend

patriotic said:
prophet said:

No.

earnestly contend

Yes, that wait.

A result of a corporation wide reduction of expenditure on wages.

They always Underman the registers.

Just another reason to avoid them.

earnestly contend

patriotic said:

I am currently being filmed for a TLC program called "Speedos and Legends".

RAIDER said:
patriotic said:

I am currently being filmed for a TLC program called "Speedos and Legends".

That's the senior edition of "Naked and Afraid", I heard.

I don't think I would feel good about letting my 13 and 11 year old daughters use the restroom a Target. 

16KJV11 said:
I don't think I would feel good about letting my 13 and 11 year old daughters use the restroom a Target.

Other than a written policy what would really make a restroom at Target any different than any other public restroom?

I will not boycott Target...but I will intentionally shop there less.

I hope they lose sales.  It is about time that "common sense" won out!

I do not demonize them or think they are a bad company....but they chose to publically announce this change and they need to fell the pushback from those that think this is crazy.

Of course, this is not the worst thing they do.  If Christians were "honest and consistent" we would boycott places that sold rated "R" movies, "glamour" magazines,CD's with dirty lyrics, bikini's, ect....

To be truthful, the only way to get Christians to take a stand is when it has to do with gay sex!